• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Step Up and be Promoted at the March 15th Conference?

probably.I'm still thinking that there will be WAY more cities, and I would be surprised if a big city like Albany was skipped. At Spring Launch they stated there would be 80 cities. There are only 50 states to begin with, so there has to be more than...probably.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I'm suprised that no one else has mentioned this yet...

I'm signed up to go to the March 15th training in Bloomington. Is anyone else going? I'm really hoping to step up & be promoted by conference. I'm already doing the director work - might as well be recognized for it! :D

I haven't gotten an email yet. There was some buzz in the ShoutBox the other day. From what I can gather, they're sending out emails as locations are confirmed, to consultants in the area of said event.

I did talk to DH the other day about it, and if it's on a weekday, I might go. We're planning to go out of town sometime between the 10th and the 16th of March, so if the one around here is then, I wouldn't be able to go.

Info was in this week's newswire & is up on Consultant's Corner.

The locations are:
Director Express Training Event Coming to You
How does promoting to Director in 90 days sound? With Director Express, it's absolutely possible!

Director Express is a FREE training event conducted by the Home Office Sales Team — and it's rolling in to an area near you!

Visit the Director Express page on Consultant's Corner for all the exciting details!

As dates and locations are confirmed, we'll announce them in PC NewsWire, along with a link to online registration. And we'll be adding new locations throughout the year, so look for a city near you!

The first four dates and locations are:
• March 4 — Las Vegas, NV (Register today!)

• March 6 — Newport News, VA (Register today!)

• March 10 — Baltimore, MD (Register today!)

• March 15 — Bloomington, IL area (Register today!)

The other locations are listed on the consultant's corner link.

I wish they would annouce all the locations or at least the locations they are looking at. None of those are close to me but if one that is open is the closest it would be nice to register even if I do have to drive a while to get there.

wadesgirl said:
I wish they would annouce all the locations or at least the locations they are looking at. None of those are close to me but if one that is open is the closest it would be nice to register even if I do have to drive a while to get there.

Here are the rest of the cities that they have listed. I don't know if more will still be added or not.

Upcoming cities, details to follow!

Harrisburg, PA
Fargo, ND
Portland, OR
Orlando, FL
Merrick, NY
Madison, WI
Columbia, SC
Austin, TX
Hoffman Estates, IL
Springfield/Arlington, VA
Cary/Raleigh, NC
West Haven, CT

Thanks for reminding me to check the page. I read the NewsWire on my phone, then promptly forgot to check the other locations when I got home :D

Nothing in the Atlanta area yet. If they're doing 80 locations, I would expect one to be here. It's not something I'd want to travel any further to.

Oh, I hope Portland, OR is on a weekend. That would be the only way I could go.

crystalscookingnow said:
Here are the rest of the cities that they have listed. I don't know if more will still be added or not.

I saw that too but again none of those are close to me either. I wish we knew what all the locations were that they are looking at to determine what the best one to go to.

I also wish details would be posted soon. I need to have time to arrange time off from work etc to be able to go. I'd also like to have an idea of when since the other cities listed 3 are appealing as far as distance. One is 2/12 hours the other is 3. On is 4 1/2 but then I'd be halfway to my brother and could add the shorter distance to him for a visit though ride home would be the full 8 hours!:D Still worth considering if timeing works in my favor. We shall see.

I wish they would do something in Albany area!! I mean we are the state capital after all!!! LOL And it seems like there are a lot of consultants around here! Would be nice not to have to do extensive traveling! I know everyone does. Maybe we'll get added. But never even heard of Merrick NY?? It appears to be near NYC though.

Disappointed there is no Michigan/Ohio area. I wonder if they picked certain areas over others from the Spring Launch attendance.

I'm still thinking that there will be WAY more cities, and I would be surprised if a big city like Albany was skipped. At Spring Launch they stated there would be 80 cities. There are only 50 states to begin with, so there has to be more than one in certain states. Obviously larger and more populous states (CA, TX, NY etc) will have more locations than others (MT, ND etc).

I'll just wait until they announce something near me.

NooraK said:
I'm still thinking that there will be WAY more cities, and I would be surprised if a big city like Albany was skipped. At Spring Launch they stated there would be 80 cities. There are only 50 states to begin with, so there has to be more than one in certain states. Obviously larger and more populous states (CA, TX, NY etc) will have more locations than others (MT, ND etc).

I'll just wait until they announce something near me.

I would love it if there was one in Albany but I'm not going to get my hopes up! Albany really isn't a "big" city! It's not a small town but in comparison to big cities we affectionately refer to it as SMAlbany!

I do hope that there may be more throughout NY since technically from those listed the closest is West Haven Ct for me. It's about 1/2 hour closer then Merrick NY, plus it would probably be easier than heading toward NYC traffic wise.

Quite honestly, I'm a little torn about trying to go to the Director Express. DH took the day off work earlier this month for Spring Launch so he could transport the kids. If I did Baltimore, it's early March in the middle of the week again. With the time off he had due to all of the snow, not sure how eager he will be to jump into the gap.

My other reason is that I've been in biz for almost 6 years. I'm sure a lot of what they'll say I've heard before. I even attended a New Director Academy. Probably my biggest issue is putting it into action. What I would really want to get from Director Express is how to get my downline to recruit. I finally have people interested in recruiting and have been helping them with it. I might hold out for Arlington/Springfied VA which is equal distance for me and might be on a weekend.

So like so many others here, I'd love to see a full schedule.

pkd09 said:
Disappointed there is no Michigan/Ohio area. I wonder if they picked certain areas over others from the Spring Launch attendance.

Yeah- they said there will be 80 cities. The list is DEFINITELY not 80-cities long....they just have a few listed..probably the ones coming up the soonest.

Becca_in_MD said:
Quite honestly, I'm a little torn about trying to go to the Director Express. DH took the day off work earlier this month for Spring Launch so he could transport the kids. If I did Baltimore, it's early March in the middle of the week again. With the time off he had due to all of the snow, not sure how eager he will be to jump into the gap.

My other reason is that I've been in biz for almost 6 years. I'm sure a lot of what they'll say I've heard before. I even attended a New Director Academy. Probably my biggest issue is putting it into action. What I would really want to get from Director Express is how to get my downline to recruit. I finally have people interested in recruiting and have been helping them with it. I might hold out for Arlington/Springfied VA which is equal distance for me and might be on a weekend.

So like so many others here, I'd love to see a full schedule.

I have always said you never know when you'll hear that one magic thing that just clicks for you!

I was on the call the other day for Team Leaders who want to promote to director. The call leader said to keep checking the cities. Plus, when a city is chosen in your general area you'll receive an email. I plan to attend once there's one in my area.

pamperedpals said:
Oh, I hope Portland, OR is on a weekend. That would be the only way I could go.

I heard through the grape line that Portland will be on April 10th. I'm really looking forward to it!!!!

I am attending one at Bloomsburg University in Bloomsburg PA on Saturday March 6. FYI it lists on CC that its in Harrisburg. As far as I know it is now the BLoomsburg location because when I signed up, at the end it said "Thank you for registering for Harrisburg PA". I sent it to the HO/Sales Trainer and I'm told that it was supposed to be in Harrisburg. Those within 150mile radius will be able to come and would have gotten an email (I did).

I look forward to it HOWEVER I was extremely irate at the timing. It just came out this week and its in 2 weeks? Those who want to promote I would hope try to have calendars that are more full. To give me 2 weeks notice!?!?! I had a show booked but bribed my host into changing it since we had already changed it. Ok thats my rant, my apologies for venting but come on...2 weeks notice? Grrrr.... But I'll be there! :)

Hope to see some of you in Bloomsburg PA :) (Oh and its only open to 150 consultants so be sure to register quickly)

Melissa78 said:
I look forward to it HOWEVER I was extremely irate at the timing. It just came out this week and its in 2 weeks? Those who want to promote I would hope try to have calendars that are more full. To give me 2 weeks notice!?!?! I had a show booked but bribed my host into changing it since we had already changed it. Ok thats my rant, my apologies for venting but come on...2 weeks notice? Grrrr.... But I'll be there! :)

Good point!

pkd09 said:

My upline told me that the Michigan one will be in Lansing. She seemed pretty sure of it, but I don't know a date.

ChefCat said:
My upline told me that the Michigan one will be in Lansing. She seemed pretty sure of it, but I don't know a date.

Lansing would be okay. I don't really want to drive to Chicago. I wish they'd have one in the South Bend/Mishawaka area. Many years ago, we had a bigger meeting in that area.

The session in Newport News, VA, seemed to fill up as soon as it was posted! It was limited to 100, & I tried to register as soon as I got the e-mail- it was already full!

cookinfletch said:
The session in Newport News, VA, seemed to fill up as soon as it was posted! It was limited to 100, & I tried to register as soon as I got the e-mail- it was already full!

That is a bummer. I hope they have enough sessions and locations for everyone to participate that wants to. My location hasn't been officially announced. I am anxious about when it will be, and now nervous that I won't get in! :(

I wonder if it filled up so fast because folks from other areas are driving....they mentioned Williamsburg VA (I'm assuming she was referring to this one at NpN, VA) at the Raleigh launch... if folks don't know what cities are coming to their area, they may jump at one that is the next best thing.

Just got an email from Cora Fisher to save the date: April 8th - Cleveland Ohio. It said that registration will be opening 4 weeks beforehand. Yahooooooooooooooo...I am so there!

cookinfletch said:

Its re-opened. Now its open for 300! :) See you there!!

kcmckay said:
I also wish details would be posted soon. I need to have time to arrange time off from work etc to be able to go. I'd also like to have an idea of when since the other cities listed 3 are appealing as far as distance. One is 2/12 hours the other is 3. On is 4 1/2 but then I'd be halfway to my brother and could add the shorter distance to him for a visit though ride home would be the full 8 hours!:D Still worth considering if timeing works in my favor. We shall see.

I wish they would do something in Albany area!! I mean we are the state capital after all!!! LOL And it seems like there are a lot of consultants around here! Would be nice not to have to do extensive traveling! I know everyone does. Maybe we'll get added. But never even heard of Merrick NY?? It appears to be near NYC though.

Katie,
Merrick is on the South Shore of Long Island.

Maybe they should have only Consultants , SR Consultants and Team Leaders NOT Directors and above so it does't get filled up

After all it is to PROMOTE to Director So Directors don't need to be there

I would imagine that only those who aren't yet directors would be interested in the Director Express meetings.

Not my cluster Sir , Advanced and Directors are already planing to attend

That surprises me. Are they simply accompanying those who need/want support?

They probably want to get the information that's presented so that they can then present it to their teams at home for those who can't make it.

I just spoke to my director and she said it says its OPEN to all that want to Promote to what ever level . I still think it should be only for Under directors only , They already should know how to promote just my thought

Wohoo!! I'm signed up for Cleveland, and yes, my Director is planning on going. My Director wants to strengthen her leadership. I'm not sure if my AD is going yet.

Check with your up-lines for training in your area. I might go to the Jefferson City, MO one b/c it is close to my parents yet still a good 2 1/2 hr + from my home in KC.

My Edex. said there will be one in KC but not till the end of May & that they are finalizing details still.

I attended D.E. today and we had ALL sorts...even a NED!! It was great! people asked each other questions, etc.

My director here in California was in charge of organizing one in our area so there should be one coming up near everyone they are going to be doing them until may or june I heard.

I am so going on April 10th. I can not wait to hear all the information. I just recruited my second team member and I have two more potenitals...

I attended Rochester, NY's yesterday. I had one Team Leader, an indirect Team Leader and a Sr. Consultant. I think it is important for Directors and up to be there for several reasons. There was a lot of information so 4 set of ears are better than one. The Director and up can help support, coach and remind team members as they work towards their goals.

I have one member that does not just say she is focused...she shows how focused she is. It helped give her some more tools to work with. Another had an important "ah ha moment". Unfortunately, the Sr. Consultant felt defeated. She is having a difficult time booking but on the way home we explained to her that we would give anything if all of the team members were tenacious enough to make attending meetings, Spring Launch and the Director Express...that the other skills are practiced and learned over time. We reminded her that you can't fell a mightly tree in just a few swings of the ax. Also that we all have different areas that challenge us but it comes easy for others. Some are good at sales but not at recruiting. Some have mastered bookings but not with the best sales. There are few (if any) that excell easily in all parts of our business.

Ok...I am at work and exhausted from getting home at 12:30, sleep at 1:30 and up at 5:30...:indif::indif::indif:...I'm old an in need of a nap!

raebates said:
That surprises me. Are they simply accompanying those who need/want support?

HO is encouraging directors of all levels to attend, most likely so we can go back and strengthen not only our personal businesses but more importantly so that we can bring information back to our teams who are unable to attend.
I actually received several emails about it before my team did, and when I received an email with a registration link I registered those on my team who want to attend.
Another benefit of having folks from all levels is the brainstorming and networking that can come out of it. I know I am stronger in some aspects of my business than I am in others, and I am sure there are other people who are strong in areas I am not. How great to be able to share those strengths, in more than one form, with consultants who are willing to put in some extra time to see their businesses grow.
Doreen- do you not ever hit a snag in your business or need a refresher to give it a boost?

chef131doreen said:
I just spoke to my director and she said it says its OPEN to all that want to Promote to what ever level . I still think it should be only for Under directors only , They already should know how to promote just my thought

I want to help others promote as well have them enjoy all PC has to offer for them and their familes. Being there to see my team members "ah ha" moments was great. I actually learned a few new things as well.

And no matter who you are, you always need refreshers and reminders. If we were instructed once on booking, selling and recruiting...should we no long learn take another workshop about these subjects?

I am attending the one tomorrow, for some reason we were offered 2 dates one weekday and one weekend which works out nicely since I don't have to find a babysitter. I am excited and my director will be there.

baychef said:
I want to help others promote as well have them enjoy all PC has to offer for them and their familes. Being there to see my team members "ah ha" moments was great. I actually learned a few new things as well.

And no matter who you are, you always need refreshers and reminders. If we were instructed once on booking, selling and recruiting...should we no long learn take another workshop about these subjects?

While I appreciate your reasons for wanting to attend, I do feel that these events should be offered first to those under the director level. If there are still openings after that, then open it up to all levels. Some locations are selling out in days or even hours. The demand is so high for those who want to attend. The event is even described as being for all those who want to promote to director- serious or curious. Not all those who already are director. Just my two cents. :)

I thought there were leadership trainings to support directors and above?

ChefCat said:
While I appreciate your reasons for wanting to attend, I do feel that these events should be offered first to those under the director level. If there are still openings after that, then open it up to all levels. Some locations are selling out in days or even hours. The demand is so high for those who want to attend. The event is even described as being for all those who want to promote to director- serious or curious. Not all those who already are director. Just my two cents. :)

I thought there were leadership trainings to support directors and above?
Leadership was done away with this year in lieu of Spring Launch meetings for everyone to attend.

baychef said:

Yeah that! Exactly...

ChefCat said:

Wow - that would be nice! The Spring Launch was in either Detroit, or Chicago....both a good 3 hours drive. It would be nice to have a training a little closer....I just hope it's not at the same hotel where they had the last Lansing training!:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - that would be nice! The Spring Launch was in either Detroit, or Chicago....both a good 3 hours drive. It would be nice to have a training a little closer....I just hope it's not at the same hotel where they had the last Lansing training!:rolleyes:

If it is the same place, and I spend the night I know where I WON'T be staying or having my noon meal. That place was AWFUL!!!! :yuck:

Here are the details:

Saturday, May 15
Okemos Convention Center
behind the Holiday Inn
2209 University Park Drive, Okemos, MI 48864

Sign In begins at 8:15am with Consultant Networking.
Meeting from 9am to 4:30pm
(There will be no beverage or food service.)

There will be a break from about 12- 1pm for you
to enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.​

beckyjsmith said:
Leadership was done away with this year in lieu of Spring Launch meetings for everyone to attend.
But doesn't your cluster plan or do anything? I am attending a leadership weekend with Doreen Grass soon organized by my upline. Which was originally for team leaders and above, but since there was some space available I am able to attend even though I am just consultant.

ChefCat said:
But doesn't your cluster plan or do anything? I am attending a leadership weekend with Doreen Grass soon organized by my upline. Which was originally for team leaders and above, but since there was some space available I am able to attend even though I am just consultant.

That is totally up to the Upline director what they plan for training. My Sr. Dr. had a Leadership retreat, but it was planned for just 2 weeks after Spring Launch, and would have been another weekend away from home - and the cost was pretty hefty. I didn't go.

chefjeanine said:
If it is the same place, and I spend the night I know where I WON'T be staying or having my noon meal. That place was AWFUL!!!! :yuck:Here are the details:
Saturday, May 15
Okemos Convention Center
behind the Holiday Inn
2209 University Park Drive, Okemos, MI 48864Sign In begins at 8:15am with Consultant Networking.
Meeting from 9am to 4:30pm
(There will be no beverage or food service.)There will be a break from about 12- 1pm for you
to enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.​
It's not the same place - Okemos is further east than we went last time...this will be east of East Lansing and MSU. (I'm originally from the Lansing area!:))And where did you get this info, Jeanine? I just looked and it's not on CC???

ChefBeckyD said:
It's not the same place - Okemos is further east than we went last time...this will be east of East Lansing and MSU. (I'm originally from the Lansing area!:))

And where did you get this info, Jeanine? I just looked and it's not on CC???

My Super Secret Contact. :) No, it hasn't been posted yet.

ChefCat said:

Actually they don't that I am aware of- not to mention that my director is over 8 hours away from me.
She IS my SED, so my thoughts are that if there were something like that offered I would definitely know about it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kdangel518