• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Step Up and be Promoted at the March 15th Conference?

probably.I'm still thinking that there will be WAY more cities, and I would be surprised if a big city like Albany was skipped. At Spring Launch they stated there would be 80 cities. There are only 50 states to begin with, so there has to be more than...probably.
I'm registered for Knoxville on April 17th. I've been a director and now am technically a TL, and (dang it) I want to get back there and STAY there this time! So I'm looking forward to a golden nugget that might help me and my team move forward.Now I just have to cross my fingers that others in my team are planning on attending, too.

ChefCat said:
While I appreciate your reasons for wanting to attend, I do feel that these events should be offered first to those under the director level. If there are still openings after that, then open it up to all levels. Some locations are selling out in days or even hours. The demand is so high for those who want to attend. The event is even described as being for all those who want to promote to director- serious or curious. Not all those who already are director. Just my two cents. :)

I thought there were leadership trainings to support directors and above?

Changing names for this example but nothing else has changed.
My direct recruit is Sue. (TL who attended Director Express)
Sue recruited Mary. (TL who attended Director Express)
Mary recruited Lori. (Consultant who did not attended Director Express)

On Saturday, Lori had a meeting with potential recruit lead and her husband. Mary had a party as well as Sue. I agreed to go and assist Lori because this might be her second recruit.

I learned new tips to help my downline and other techiques were reinforced by Director Express. With that, Lori (who could not attend Director Express) was trained and was learning as well. Lori had to go to a party so I stayed and helped her new recruit sign up online. I was there for 2 hours instead of one. I had a party later that afternoon as well. So this was 4 lines down from me. I would help someone 10 lines down too if it meant success for them.

I am sorry that some of these are selling out and if this is so, then either second sessions should be scheduled at that time or a later time. And yes, if you have 10 consultants, Sr. consultants and Team Leaders that can not attend because it is full, then they should consider letting them have first serve. Our session was not full.

And no, we do not have any extra trainings and retreats except at conference. Even if we did, I work full time (and do PC full time) and my cluster is a 6 hour drive away. They have director forums but during the day...6 hours away. This training was straight from HO as well. We are an ever changing, growing company. This means techiniques and skills are needed to adapt to this change.

Chefstover2 said:
I'm registered for Knoxville on April 17th. I've been a director and now am technically a TL, and (dang it) I want to get back there and STAY there this time! So I'm looking forward to a golden nugget that might help me and my team move forward.

Now I just have to cross my fingers that others in my team are planning on attending, too.

I'll be there too!

Was there lunch? Do we get a break and have to go somewhere on our own?

registration is not up or even announced yet but I just got notice that Director express is headed to the Twin Cities!!!!! Yayyyy... Well Bloomington to be exact! Yayyyyy!!!

chefjeanine said:
My Super Secret Contact. :) No, it hasn't been posted yet.

I bet we have the same upline. ;)

lockhartkitchen said:
Was there lunch? Do we get a break and have to go somewhere on our own?

My Ed told me lunch or for mine dinner is on your own & they will break. I have a consultant attending with me so I'm planning on treating her out :)

Thanks. I was figuring, with it being free, we were on our own.

ChefCat said:
But doesn't your cluster plan or do anything? I am attending a leadership weekend with Doreen Grass soon organized by my upline. Which was originally for team leaders and above, but since there was some space available I am able to attend even though I am just consultant.

My upline director, a SED, did her first ever Leader retreat this year so, no, not all lines do those things. Logistically it's not an easy task with people living all over the country. We all flew into where she lives and for some it was a hefty bill to pay - but worth every penny!

The reason they encourage directors to attend these events is so that we can support our team. We need to know what they are doing. It also helps us refresh our business and training. Things change all the time and we need to get the current info just as much as other consultants do.

I have to chime in a bit on the idea some have that Director Express should only be for those not yet at the Director level. Some of these points may have been expressed before...1. As a Director, I am always looking for ways to inspire and train my team. I love that HO partners with me in this by offering things like Director Express.2. When my team members go to something like this, it is helpful to them and myself for me to be there so we can strategize together, debrief on the way home and be able to discuss it later as a pick-me-up.3. Director isn't the last leadership level, it is one of the first. A Director Express event can help my team to grow and strengthen and help me to promote. It can help me to be a better Director.4. What is a better way to show that I support my team members who are interested in promoting than to take that time and expense and go with them!5. No more Leadership Conference.6. Since the closest Spring Launch was over a 10 hour drive from where I (and most of my team) live, I was the only one able to attend. There were only 21 places for Spring Launch, there are supposed to be close to 100 for Director Express. It should be closer and easier for my team members to go.7. My Director (a NED) held her first Director Training Event last year since I have been a consultant (almost 5 years). She does not plan to do another one for quite a while.8. Refresher course!9. Training to help me help my team and qualify as a Director every month. Since the new career plan was introduced almost a year ago, I haven't "qualified" as a director for more than half of the time.So, if you think that Directors shouldn't go, please look at the above reasons and dispute them.

ChefCat said:
While I appreciate your reasons for wanting to attend, I do feel that these events should be offered first to those under the director level. If there are still openings after that, then open it up to all levels. Some locations are selling out in days or even hours. The demand is so high for those who want to attend. The event is even described as being for all those who want to promote to director- serious or curious. Not all those who already are director. Just my two cents. :)

I thought there were leadership trainings to support directors and above?

If you have a problem with this, you need to take it up with the HO. Sales Managers and NEDs are sending out emails encouraging leaders to attend with their teams. HO has reiterated that this training event is open to EVERYONE.

What if you went but your director was not allowed to, and then you got home and wanted to implement the ideas with her help but she had no idea what you were talking about? That would be pretty frustrating, wouldn't it?

cmdtrgd said:
I have to chime in a bit on the idea some have that Director Express should only be for those not yet at the Director level. Some of these points may have been expressed before...1. As a Director, I am always looking for ways to inspire and train my team. I love that HO partners with me in this by offering things like Director Express.2. When my team members go to something like this, it is helpful to them and myself for me to be there so we can strategize together, debrief on the way home and be able to discuss it later as a pick-me-up.3. Director isn't the last leadership level, it is one of the first. A Director Express event can help my team to grow and strengthen and help me to promote. It can help me to be a better Director.4. What is a better way to show that I support my team members who are interested in promoting than to take that time and expense and go with them!5. No more Leadership Conference.6. Since the closest Spring Launch was over a 10 hour drive from where I (and most of my team) live, I was the only one able to attend. There were only 21 places for Spring Launch, there are supposed to be close to 100 for Director Express. It should be closer and easier for my team members to go.7. My Director (a NED) held her first Director Training Event last year since I have been a consultant (almost 5 years). She does not plan to do another one for quite a while.8. Refresher course!9. Training to help me help my team and qualify as a Director every month. Since the new career plan was introduced almost a year ago, I haven't "qualified" as a director for more than half of the time.So, if you think that Directors shouldn't go, please look at the above reasons and dispute them.
DebbieJ said:
If you have a problem with this, you need to take it up with the HO. Sales Managers and NEDs are sending out emails encouraging leaders to attend with their teams. HO has reiterated that this training event is open to EVERYONE. What if you went but your director was not allowed to, and then you got home and wanted to implement the ideas with her help but she had no idea what you were talking about? That would be pretty frustrating, wouldn't it?
Well, my Directors are not attending so I guess by this view I am "on my own" regardless. My directors have expressed that they know space is limited and they want to give new people their chance to learn first hand.Some directors on this thread expressed that they would like to attend so they can teach their downline that is unable to attend the ideas and concepts taught at DE. Even though my directors are not attending, I can teach them the ideas and concepts taught so they can support me.My concern was having the event sell out before I could register*, before I could have my chance at leaning from a home office sponsored leadership event for my first time. I appreciate that people would like a refresher course, but some have never had the opportunity to attend something like this at all before. How would you ("you" used as a general term, not specific to any one poster) feel if you were denied the opportunity for your first time at a HO sponsored leadership event and then found out that many of the people who were able to attend had gone for a refresher for their second or even third time? How would you (general) feel if one or more of your recruits was denied and you got in? *This was my concern, it is not a concern anymore since I know I am now registered.I will write a letter to HO to express my feelings on the matter, thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited:
I'm curious, how would you suggest HO know when everyone who could/wants to has registered? Just from a logistics point, I don't see it happening.There have been things I wasn't able to attend due to family illnesses or ones my team members couldn't because of cost. The only time I came across people not being able to get into something because it "closed" was Spring Launch. I expected this because it was the first time something like that had been attempted and they only had projections, not past experience to know how many and where, etc. But, HO did their best to open up more spots. There will always be events we cannot go to for various reasons, but I go to as many as I possibly can because it can help me AND my team! I don't know about you, but I can sit right next to 2 people in the same workshop and get totally different notes. That is why we share things on forums like this. So, if I weren't allowed to attend, I could not fully support my team who did because I was not there to get the information myself.And, no, I wouldn't feel bad. If it came to me going OR a new team member who desperately wanted to go, I would give up my spot. That is what a leader does. What I don't seem to be getting across to you, ChefCat, is that Director Express is not just for those who want to become a Director. It is also for those who think they may want to be a Director as well as those who want to promote to another level of Director. There is a reason that every level from Director on up still has the word Director in it.If you want something that is exclusive, promote to Director and go to New Director Academy. It is awesome, I highly recommend it and I can never go again.And, do write to HO. They will take your suggestions into consideration and might even be able to shine a different light on their reasons. Who knows? Maybe the next time they do this they will keep it at TL and below? I hope not because I want to show how much I and my upline support my team.

cmdtrgd said:
I'm curious, how would you suggest HO know when everyone who could/wants to has registered? Just from a logistics point, I don't see it happening.

There have been things I wasn't able to attend due to family illnesses or ones my team members couldn't because of cost. The only time I came across people not being able to get into something because it "closed" was Spring Launch. I expected this because it was the first time something like that had been attempted and they only had projections, not past experience to know how many and where, etc. But, HO did their best to open up more spots. There will always be events we cannot go to for various reasons, but I go to as many as I possibly can because it can help me AND my team! I don't know about you, but I can sit right next to 2 people in the same workshop and get totally different notes. That is why we share things on forums like this. So, if I weren't allowed to attend, I could not fully support my team who did because I was not there to get the information myself.

And, no, I wouldn't feel bad. If it came to me going OR a new team member who desperately wanted to go, I would give up my spot. That is what a leader does.

What I don't seem to be getting across to you, ChefCat, is that Director Express is not just for those who want to become a Director. It is also for those who think they may want to be a Director as well as those who want to promote to another level of Director. There is a reason that every level from Director on up still has the word Director in it.

If you want something that is exclusive, promote to Director and go to New Director Academy. It is awesome, I highly recommend it and I can never go again.

And, do write to HO. They will take your suggestions into consideration and might even be able to shine a different light on their reasons. Who knows? Maybe the next time they do this they will keep it at TL and below? I hope not because I want to show how much I and my upline support my team.

Well said Kate. :) I couldn't agree more. :D

Does anyone have notes from the training they are willing to post?

<h2>1. What is the March 15th Conference and where is it being held?</h2><p>The March 15th Conference is a training event held by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It will take place in Bloomington, and is open to all consultants who have registered for the event.</p><h2>2. What is the significance of the March 15th Conference?</h2><p>The March 15th Conference is an opportunity for consultants to learn new skills, network with other consultants, and gain recognition for their hard work and achievements. It is also a chance for consultants to potentially be promoted within the company.</p><h2>3. How can I ensure that I am ready to be promoted at the March 15th Conference?</h2><p>To be ready for a promotion at the March 15th Conference, it is important to consistently meet and exceed your sales goals, demonstrate strong leadership skills, and actively participate in training and team building activities. Showing dedication and a strong work ethic can also make you stand out as a potential candidate for promotion.</p><h2>4. What is the process for being promoted at the March 15th Conference?</h2><p>The promotion process at the March 15th Conference will vary depending on your specific goals and the needs of your team. However, typically it involves meeting with your mentor or team leader to discuss your progress and potential for promotion, and then being recognized and celebrated at the conference event.</p><h2>5. Do I need to register for the March 15th Conference to be considered for a promotion?</h2><p>Yes, you must be registered and in attendance at the March 15th Conference to be considered for a promotion. This allows the company to properly track and evaluate your progress and accomplishments, and also gives you the opportunity to network and showcase your skills to higher level consultants and leaders.</p>

1. What is the March 15th Conference and where is it being held?

The March 15th Conference is a training event held by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It will take place in Bloomington, and is open to all consultants who have registered for the event.

2. What is the significance of the March 15th Conference?

The March 15th Conference is an opportunity for consultants to learn new skills, network with other consultants, and gain recognition for their hard work and achievements. It is also a chance for consultants to potentially be promoted within the company.

3. How can I ensure that I am ready to be promoted at the March 15th Conference?

To be ready for a promotion at the March 15th Conference, it is important to consistently meet and exceed your sales goals, demonstrate strong leadership skills, and actively participate in training and team building activities. Showing dedication and a strong work ethic can also make you stand out as a potential candidate for promotion.

4. What is the process for being promoted at the March 15th Conference?

The promotion process at the March 15th Conference will vary depending on your specific goals and the needs of your team. However, typically it involves meeting with your mentor or team leader to discuss your progress and potential for promotion, and then being recognized and celebrated at the conference event.

5. Do I need to register for the March 15th Conference to be considered for a promotion?

Yes, you must be registered and in attendance at the March 15th Conference to be considered for a promotion. This allows the company to properly track and evaluate your progress and accomplishments, and also gives you the opportunity to network and showcase your skills to higher level consultants and leaders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kdangel518