• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Express? Have You Gone, if so How Was It?

If they are focusing on getting bookings as well as the rest associated to Director-ship, I might consider it. But if they have you doing lots of role-playing exercises, I might as well stick with what I've already done in training.
ChefRiGuy
Hey just wanted to know who has gone to the one or two Director Express meetings that have already taken place??

I am going to the Orlando one and want to know what kind of stuff goes on? how it was run? worth the time?

Thanks - I have been wondering the SAME thing!!

I am also curious..

maybe everyone was advised not to talk about it!! LOLOLOLOL:D

Just want to know if they liked it...I hope no one would share if they were asked not to....right:confused:?

There was a thread on this not too long ago. I don't remember who started it, but I do know that they said it was good and that there were directors of all levels there too. There is a group from my cluster going to the one in Knoxville and my SED is going along with us.

I can't imagine that there would be anything shared at those training that wouldn't be a secret and not sharable.

I talked in another thread that there were all levels there and it was good. I had a few ah ha moments and things I'm changing about my business I learned from DE and SL. :)

jbdowd0798 said:
I talked in another thread that there were all levels there and it was good. I had a few ah ha moments and things I'm changing about my business I learned from DE and SL. :)

What kind of "ah-ha" moments??? =)

I attended the one in Newport News with 6 of my team. Any chance for training from the Home Office is worth the time. If you need to re-focus on just what to do to reach Director, this will help. But as with any training or course, action is what counts!

I haven not gone (trying to decide if I will), but I got an email from my hosp.director and here's what info she's gotten from others in her downline who've gone in another city:
Here's some information from the first one that was done last night in Illinois:The class focused on business basics starting with prospecting, doing a strong opening/closing, 30-second commercials, host coaching and recruiting interviews. It was A TON of info smashed into 2 2 1/2 hour chunks, but I thought it was excellent. My personal recruits who attended were completely excited to hit the ground running!

That about sums it up. I went to Newport News as well and sat at the first table as you came in the room in the front. It was great. One of my ah ha moments was how to word things....don't allow them to say NO- make NO a positive.

Friend of mine went and she said she didn't get much out of it. She thought it would be more about working with your downline, but instead it focused more on getting bookings/leads, etc. So to her, it seemed more like normal consultant training.

I went to the Roseville, CA Director Express yesterday with Judy Joel and thought it was excellent; I felt very encouraged and inspired. As far as specifics, Bobbi's quote about summed it up. I think it probably differs a little bit depending on who your speaker is. I would recommend going if you can, though if you can't, I am planning to type my notes and scan materials and can send it to you. PM me.

Question.....do have you do "role playing" exercises with others? I absolutely HATE THOSE! I know the benefit, but it just sends me into a panic attack...almost literally. Just SO not me. Registration has opened up for the one in my area. I'm on the fence about it- I have ZERO bookings for April and beyond (well, a few hosts who are rebooked- but not until May/June). If they are focusing on getting bookings as well as the rest associated to Director-ship, I might consider it. But if they have you doing lots of role-playing exercises, I might as well stick with what I've already done in training. :D So those who've been???

There is role playing, but our table just chatted about what to do /say instead of actually doing the role play. It's no biggie.

The training is FREE (except lunch on your own), so I think it's totally worth it.

Used to terrify me as well. I have mostly gotten over it the more I have done it. It really is a great learning tool

esavvymom said:
Question.....do have you do "role playing" exercises with others? I absolutely HATE THOSE! I know the benefit, but it just sends me into a panic attack...almost literally. Just SO not me.

Registration has opened up for the one in my area. I'm on the fence about it- I have ZERO bookings for April and beyond (well, a few hosts who are rebooked- but not until May/June). If they are focusing on getting bookings as well as the rest associated to Director-ship, I might consider it. But if they have you doing lots of role-playing exercises, I might as well stick with what I've already done in training. :D

So those who've been???

esavvymom said:
Question.....do have you do "role playing" exercises with others? I absolutely HATE THOSE! I know the benefit, but it just sends me into a panic attack...almost literally. Just SO not me.

Registration has opened up for the one in my area. I'm on the fence about it- I have ZERO bookings for April and beyond (well, a few hosts who are rebooked- but not until May/June). If they are focusing on getting bookings as well as the rest associated to Director-ship, I might consider it. But if they have you doing lots of role-playing exercises, I might as well stick with what I've already done in training. :D

So those who've been???

They only have you do little pauses to discuss and suggest some role playing ideas. We did a little but not much. It is very not intimidating. I know that you hate role playing but practice at least with the family pet!!! It will help you become more comfortable with wording and help you develop your own wording that fits you better but gets results. Even a stuffed animal would be a great role model partner!!

I was amazed that even though the training was basic bookings, etc...it was a more matter of fact training. In other words, if you WANT directorship here are the tried and true ways...but no excuses! Even after 10 years, I am amazed at what listening to what others try and do helps me learn another new skill.

baychef said:
They only have you do little pauses to discuss and suggest some role playing ideas. We did a little but not much. It is very not intimidating. I know that you hate role playing but practice at least with the family pet!!! It will help you become more comfortable with wording and help you develop your own wording that fits you better but gets results. Even a stuffed animal would be a great role model partner!!

I was amazed that even though the training was basic bookings, etc...it was a more matter of fact training. In other words, if you WANT directorship here are the tried and true ways...but no excuses! Even after 10 years, I am amazed at what listening to what others try and do helps me learn another new skill.

LOL...My DH would have me committed if I started talking to the fish! :) Actually, it doesn't matter now anyway- the Cary/Raleigh class is already full. :rolleyes: Takes care of THAT decision. It was a weeknight anyway- wasn't sure about child-care (DH has a slamming month and working late most nights). It's not like I haven't taken every available training seminar/course online, plus a few! (including Tammy S. CDs). I'll live if I don't make it to this one. But it's good to know for the future...and I just might try my speel on the fish. But I refuse to recruit them. ;) They are just too stinky.

I THINK I registered for a Director Express in my area, but don't know how to find confirmation. Did those of you who went receive a confirmation e-mail, or did you just show up?

When I signed up the final page of the registration had the information and said that I would not be receiving a confirmation email. So, I'm not sure how you can find out. You might try emailing or calling the HO.

Do we have a time frame? Maybe it is on CC but I cannot seem to find or remember what the times were - when we were to arrive at least??? ANyone have a clue?

pampchefsarah said:
I THINK I registered for a Director Express in my area, but don't know how to find confirmation. Did those of you who went receive a confirmation e-mail, or did you just show up?

The registration email said that there would not be any confirmation or reminders, just show up!!!

I went last night. I had to get off work early to go but I am very glad I did. I got a few great ideas out of it. I was very excited after I left. I tend to do about one show a month and I'm trying to do more. Using some of the great ideas I got last night - I got three bookings at my Farmers Market today! I now have 4 shows on calendar for June (i've never had more than 2) so I think it was so worth it!

1. What is Director Express and how does it work?

Director Express is a program offered by Pampered Chef for our top-performing consultants. It allows them to earn additional income by mentoring and training other consultants in their team. Consultants can earn up to 3% of their team's sales by participating in this program.

2. How do I become a Director Express participant?

To become a Director Express participant, you must first qualify as a Senior Consultant or above. You must also have a team of at least three active consultants and meet certain sales and recruiting requirements. Once you meet these qualifications, you can apply to become a Director Express participant.

3. What are the benefits of being a Director Express participant?

As a Director Express participant, you can earn additional income through mentoring and training your team. You will also have access to exclusive training and resources to help you grow your team and business. Additionally, you can attend the annual Director Express conference, which is a great opportunity to network with other successful consultants and learn valuable business strategies.

4. Have you personally attended Director Express? How was your experience?

I have personally attended Director Express and it was an amazing experience. I was able to learn from other successful consultants, network with them, and gain valuable insights to grow my business. The conference was well-organized and the training sessions were informative and engaging. I highly recommend attending Director Express if you have the opportunity.

5. Can anyone attend the Director Express conference or is it exclusive to participants?

The Director Express conference is exclusive to Director Express participants only. However, if you are not a participant yet but meet the qualifications, you can apply to become one and potentially attend the conference in the future. The conference is a great opportunity for top-performing consultants to learn, network, and grow their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TropicalChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dottywotty
  • kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK