• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experimenting with Dipping Seasonings: Mayo/Sour Cream Dips

In summary, the Dill Dip and the Dijon Mustard Dip were both a hit at the event today. The Dill Dip was especially good.
kam
Staff member
Quick question....

I am going to make a few dips for a show tomorrow (1/4 c mayo, 1/4 c sour cream, 1 tsp seasoning).

Has anyone done this with the Dijon Mustard Rub yet? Is it good? I am bringing pretzels to dip, so I thought that this dip might be good with the pretzels.

Has anyone made a dip (mayo/sour cream) with the Parmesan-Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning? I have not made a mayo/sour cream based dip using any of the dipping seasonings and was wondering if they worked as well as a dip?

THANKS!

Yes, the Dijon Mustard Rub makes a great dip, especially for pretzels :). I haven't done the Parm-Garlic one yet, but I do remember reading a thread (here or on the FB support page) that it is a good one for dips. (I think it was Beth that suggested it.).

Thank you!

I think I will make a dip with our Dill (an old stand by) and I will do the one with the Dijon Mustard. Can't wait to try it. If I feel adventuresome, I will try a third with the Parm Garlic Dipping and post how it turned out.

Try using the Italian Seasoning - it is a great hit at parties and vendor fairs!

Chili lime is really good too.

kam said:
Quick question....

I am going to make a few dips for a show tomorrow (1/4 c mayo, 1/4 c sour cream, 1 tsp seasoning).

Has anyone done this with the Dijon Mustard Rub yet? Is it good? I am bringing pretzels to dip, so I thought that this dip might be good with the pretzels.

Has anyone made a dip (mayo/sour cream) with the Parmesan-Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning? I have not made a mayo/sour cream based dip using any of the dipping seasonings and was wondering if they worked as well as a dip?

THANKS!
I make the dip with the Parm Garlic Oil Dip Seasoning all the time! Everyone loves it!

Thanks for the great ideas everyone!

For the event today, I made the Dill Dip and the Dijon Mustard Dip. Both were a hit. I really liked the Dijon Mustard one, too!

Never thought of using the Italian Seasoning. Will have to try that sometime.

I am excited to have another use for the Dipping Seasoning. I love the Parm-Garlic so I am happy to hear it makes a good dip.

THANKS!

BethCooks4U said:
I make the dip with the Parm Garlic Oil Dip Seasoning all the time! Everyone loves it!
I think this sounds good with the (1/4 c mayo, 1/4 c sour cream, 1 tsp seasoning). Big question though, I was wanting to do a DIP IT GOOD recipe, but I don't have any of the rubs listed. I do have the Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning. Would this work as the 3-minute dip??
Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning ( 1-2 tbsp.), 4 oz mozzarella cheese, pkg cream cheese, 2 tbsp milk
Follow the directions on the Dip It Good pdf and serve topped with bacon and served with crackers.
Thank you for your responses.

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

1. What are some good dipping seasonings to mix with mayo or sour cream?

Some popular dipping seasonings to mix with mayo or sour cream include ranch, garlic and herb, dill, and chipotle.

2. Can I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in these dips?

Yes, Greek yogurt can be a healthier alternative to sour cream in these dips. It will have a slightly tangier taste, so you may need to adjust the amount of seasoning added.

3. How long will these dips last in the refrigerator?

If stored in an airtight container, these dips can last in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.

4. Can I make these dips ahead of time for a party?

Yes, these dips can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just make sure to stir well before serving, as the seasonings may settle at the bottom.

5. Are there any other ingredients I can add to these dips for extra flavor?

Yes, you can add ingredients like shredded cheese, chopped herbs, or diced vegetables to these dips for added flavor and texture. Just be mindful of the consistency and adjust the amount of mayo or sour cream if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef cathy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies