• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making & Freezing Homemade Bread Rolls

In summary, to make rolls in a bread maker, you will need: -Warm milk (I warm it 60 seconds in the microwave)) -2 tsp salt -1 large egg (warm uncracked egg in a cup of hot water, while milk is warming in the microwave) -2 Tbsp warm water-2 Tbsp butter -6 cups all purpose flour -4 1/2 tsp sugar-1 T
janetupnorth
Gold Member
From another forum...

I use my 2 pound bread maker. (You could do it without a bread maker. Knead dough until elastic 7- 10 minutes, cover and let dough rise until double, punch down, rise again, then make rolls.)
yields 18 small fist sized rolls

12 ounces warm milk (I warm it 60 seconds in the microwave))
2 tsp salt
1 large egg (warm uncracked egg in a cup of hot water, while milk is warming in the microwave)
2 Tbsp warm water
2 Tbsp butter
6 cups all purpose flour
4 1/2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp yeast

Add ingredients to bread maker in order listed. set dough setting.
when finished, dump from pan onto a flour dusted cutting board. Use very little extra flour. To prevent the dough from drying while you work, cover the dough with a piece of plastic wrap sprayed with non-stick spray.
Preheat your oven to 100 degrees, then turn it off.
Spray a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray or grease the pan with crisco.
Very lightly flour your hands. Pinch off a piece of the dough about the size that would fit cupped in the palm of your hand (bigger than a golf ball, smaller than a tennis ball). Shape it into a ball, stretch the sides and pull them under to the bottom, so the top of your roll is smooth. Place it in the pan. Repeat the process for each roll and place them 1-2 inches apart. 12 to a pan (rows 3X4). You will have 6 rolls left for another pan.
You could also cut your dough on the cutting board into 18 equal sized pieces instead of pinching, then shape them into balls. I pinch them because I like to handle the dough as little as possible.

Once the rolls are in the pan, I cover the pan with a piece of plastic wrap sprayed with nonstick spray. I place them in the 100 degree oven until doubled in size. Remove pans from the oven while you preheat it to 375. Remove the plastic wrap then bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Immediately when the pan comes from the oven, I brush them with melted butter, then remove them from the pan.

I mix honey butter, 1 Tbsp butter to 1 tsp honey.
Yummy on hot from the oven rolls.

edited to add, I have a convection oven, you may need to add a couple of minutes to the bake time.

I freeze rolls all the time. I place them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until they are hard. Then I put them in a ziploc bag. To unthaw and use

1. Turn oven on to 200 with a pan of water in the bottom. When it heats up - turn it off.
2. Spray 9x13 pan, place rolls in pan.
3. Put pan in oven and let rise.
4. Take rolls out/ turn on oven to 375 then bake until golden brown.

If I have them rising on the stove top I cover them with a clean light dishtowel.

Made this recipe the other day and the frozen ones I thawed out, let rise, and we had them with dinner. Yum!!!

I'm sure you can use wheat flour and make wheat rolls too! :)

janetupnorth said:
I'm sure you can use wheat flour and make wheat rolls too! :)

Thanks Janet!

You're welcome - enjoy! We're running to camp to "play" so I'm going to make some tomorrow.

Here's mine:
1 c. water or milk, whisk an egg in and warm in micro to proper temp.
4 Tb. butter, soft
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/4 c. bread flour (King Arthur is the best!!)
2-3 tsp. yeast depending on type of yeast
Process on dough cycle, divide into 15 rolls in a greased 9x13 pan then let rise in 200 degree oven that has been turned off, for approx. 20-30- min.
Bake at 350 for about 13-15 min or until golden brown, brush with butter on tops. Yummy!!
If this was the only dough recipe I had I would still be happy with my bread machine. But you can make pizza dough, cinnamon roll dough and any other kind of dough. The key is knowing how much flour your machine can handle. For example, my machine is a 1 1/2 lb loaf machine, so the max. amt. of flour for the dough cycle is 4 cups. Read your manual and you will be fine. I rarely make bread in the machine, but put my dough in some type of stone. It's all good.
Deb

1. How do I make homemade bread rolls?

To make homemade bread rolls, you will need flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, and butter. Start by combining the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and then add in the wet ingredients. Knead the dough for about 5-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Let the dough rise for about an hour, then shape it into individual rolls and place them on a baking sheet. Let the rolls rise for another 30 minutes, then bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

2. How do I freeze homemade bread rolls?

To freeze homemade bread rolls, let them cool completely after baking. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze for about an hour. Once frozen, transfer the rolls to a freezer-safe bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw the rolls at room temperature and then warm them in the oven or microwave.

3. How long can I store frozen homemade bread rolls?

Frozen homemade bread rolls can be stored for up to 3 months. It is best to use them within this time frame for optimal taste and texture. After 3 months, the rolls may start to develop freezer burn.

4. Can I freeze the dough instead of the baked rolls?

Yes, you can freeze the dough instead of the baked rolls. Follow the same steps as freezing baked rolls, but do not let the dough rise before freezing. When ready to bake, thaw the dough in the fridge overnight, then let it rise for about an hour before shaping and baking as usual.

5. Can I use a bread machine to make homemade bread rolls?

Yes, you can use a bread machine to make homemade bread rolls. Follow the instructions for your specific bread machine, but generally, you will add the ingredients in the order listed and use the dough setting. Once the dough is ready, remove it from the bread machine and continue with the shaping and baking steps mentioned earlier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies