• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Tasty Dinner Ideas for a Busy Family!

In summary, this summer, the author had a lot of free time to experiment with recipes, but now that she's back to work, she finds herself cooking less. She shares some quick ideas for dinners that can be cooked in the crockpot, mostly relying on recipes from the 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook series.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
This summer, I had SO MUCH TIME to experiment with new recipes and cook dinner for my family, and it was great! But now that I'm back to work full time, I find myself cooking less and less. I have two young (picky) children and one selective (picky) husband to feed, and I'm out of ideas! I've resorted to crockpot meals about 3 days a week, and I'm pretty sure everyone's getting sick of it! Can any of you share some of your quick dinner ideas? Thank you so much for your help!

We pretty much live on PC recipes mixed in with grilled burgers or chicken with fries or pasta. Try some of the dcb cookbook recipes. The family burrito bake is fantastic, as is the rosemary chicken stew and the pasta primavera. Have you tried the speedy pulled pork bbq sandwiches from 29 minutes to dinner, v2? That's a family favorite. The chili lime meatballs from the appetizer cookbook is also fantastic. I make that along with some coconut rice, add some stirfry veggies if you want. I find if I plan out the week, it doesn't seem as daunting. I'll spend some time reading through the cookbooks, pick a few recipes, then mix in burgers or grilled chicken and all is well for the week.

If I'm needing something quick, I like to hit up the 29 Minutes to Dinner books..so many options in there to get something on the table quickly. I love the Beef Satay Friend Rice, Tex Mex Skillet. Also grilling a steak or chicken and getting veggies and rice/potatoes in the RCP can get a full meal quickly together.For non PC recipes, tacos, homemade pizza or frozen chicken nuggets with a veggie come out. :) I managed a chili in 25 minutes the other day too!What types of things are you doing in the crockpot? It's a great tool for sure! This site is full of recipe ideas:A Year of Slow CookingHave you tried doing meal planning? There are some free and paid sites that can help out..

The Creamy One Pot Pasta is easy and quick, and you could edit the veggies etc based on the picky eaters

Quick family favorites in my house is the Zesty Ravioli (family skillet) - cooks in 15 minutes or so. It was in a Season's Best in the last 1-2 years. (My kids even like it with the fresh spinach, but it's easy to leave that out, and to cut down on the peppers/spice.)Also in Vol 1 of 29 minutes to dinner is a Skillet Lasagna. I can have lasagna in less than 30 minutes! And it tastes just like the regular stuff - only already cut up for you! It actually is better than my normal lasagna, because mine always falls apart anyway!And if you have the DCB - download the DCB Cookbook from the files on here, and start cooking things from there! Tons of options there too.

the zesty ravioli is a good one. I have done it using a 10oz box of frozen spinach successfully. I also like to play with the types of ravioli I use (mushroom is my favorite) it helps to cut fat & calories. Also, I usually use half and half in place of the heavy cream but 2% or whole milk will do in a pinch.

I am looking for recipes similar to these but that could be featured during a cooking show using the DCB and mostly a new consultant kit. I am hosting a party for moms and most of the children are 5 and under ...

i use the crock pot a lot! I usually make extra in the crock pot so that I can use the leftovers on another night.For example:
Italian Beef:
Beef Roast, italian seasoning, beef broth and jalapenos (if desired)From what is leftover, I make vegetable beef soup:
Leftover italian beef
1-2 cans beef broth
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 small can tomato sauce.Another thing I use the crock pot for is chili. Save the leftover and make chili mac another night.Also, I make a pork roast. Marinate the pork roast in soy sauce and crushed garlic and roast in crock pot all day.Shred what is leftover and make either pulled pork sandwiches or pork nachos another night.I've even layered meals in my crock pot. Meatloaf on the bottom, potatoes/carrots wrapped in foil set on top of the meatloaf and then apple or cherry cobbler in foil on top of that. Of course NONE of this used PC products, but it gives you an idea of other crockpot meals.

equus567 said:
I am looking for recipes similar to these but that could be featured during a cooking show using the DCB and mostly a new consultant kit. I am hosting a party for moms and most of the children are 5 and under ...

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresca is great. Plus lots of kids like pasta, so it'll keep the kids happy. You can use canned diced tomatoes if you don't want to deal with the grape tomatoes (if kids are picky about the skins of the tomatoes.) If you don't have a grill pan, you can just cook the chicken in the DCB first--season the chicken with the Italian seasoning mix or the Garlic & Peppercorn Rub or even just S&P.

babywings76 said:
Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresca is great. Plus lots of kids like pasta, so it'll keep the kids happy. You can use canned diced tomatoes if you don't want to deal with the grape tomatoes (if kids are picky about the skins of the tomatoes.) If you don't have a grill pan, you can just cook the chicken in the DCB first--season the chicken with the Italian seasoning mix or the Garlic & Peppercorn Rub or even just S&P.
I always cook my chicken for this recipe in the DCB. :D A delicious and simple recipe.

I like to make Sloppy Joes with ground beef or turkey and our Smoky BBQ rub. Goes together quick and is yummy. (I usually buy HB or turkey and get it all cooked up at one time, then divide it out in 2 cup servings, so I can grab and go).

1. How can I make quick and tasty dinners for my busy family?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I've found that the key to quick and tasty dinners for a busy family is meal planning. Take some time at the beginning of the week to plan out your meals and make a grocery list. This will save you time and stress during the week. Also, utilizing kitchen tools like the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker or Air Fryer can help speed up cooking time.

2. What are some easy dinner ideas that my whole family will enjoy?

Pampered Chef has a variety of recipes that are perfect for busy families. Some ideas include sheet pan dinners, one-pot meals, and slow cooker meals. You can also get creative with ingredients and use leftovers to make new dishes, like turning leftover chicken into a stir-fry or tacos.

3. How can I save time on meal prep for busy weeknights?

One time-saving tip for meal prep is to chop and prep ingredients ahead of time. You can also use tools like the Pampered Chef Food Chopper or Manual Food Processor to quickly chop veggies and ingredients. Another option is to use pre-made mixes or sauces, like our Quick Cooker Meal Kits, to cut down on prep time.

4. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef products that would be helpful for quick and tasty dinners?

Absolutely! As mentioned before, the Quick Cooker and Air Fryer are great for cooking meals quickly. The Food Chopper and Manual Food Processor are also essential for quickly chopping ingredients. Other helpful products include the Microplane Zester for adding flavor to dishes and the Garlic Press for quickly mincing garlic.

5. How can I make sure my quick dinners are still healthy?

Pampered Chef has a wide range of healthy recipes that are also quick and easy to make. Utilizing fresh ingredients, lean proteins, and whole grains can help ensure your dinners are nutritious. You can also check out our "Better for You" category on our website for healthier versions of popular dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC