1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Dining out in San Diego

1. chefpenny99

chefpenny99 Member Gold Member

DH and I are going down to San Diego Friday (the 11th) evening to see Spamalot on Saturday (just us no kids). We will be staying at the San Diego Naval Base. Does anyone know of a nice (but not too expensive) restaurant that we could go to for dinner?

Sep 9, 2009
  2. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

Don't have a restaurant suggestion (I've never been to San Diego) but have to say DH and I loved Spamalot! Enjoy!!

Sep 9, 2009
  3. mmoran4pc

mmoran4pc Novice Member

Ever been to Bucca Di Beppo? It was my fav when I lived there...small sushi shops are good too. Always fun to drive around and find a hole in the wall :)

Sep 9, 2009
  4. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

that restaurant.com is offering 90% off. $25.00 gift certificates for a buck!
    I got one two weeks ago when we went to Lincoln and it was great! See what they have for San diego

Sep 9, 2009
  5. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

There's a couple of mexican places in Old town that are reasonable (like $10-$12 a plate) and good. I forget the name but the really good one is right on the main corner when you first walk into Old Town.

Sep 9, 2009
  6. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

What type of cuisine are you looking for? Mexican is always good down here :) Japanese or seafood too.

Sep 10, 2009
  7. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

I've visited San Diego twice in the past month (for work and for pleasure), and had great dining experiences while there.

I'd totally recommend taking a drive up to LaJolla, to a place called "George's on the Cove" Ocean View Restaurant in La Jolla » Georges at the Cove . The food was *almost* as fabulous as the view. It was breathtaking!

Make a trip in to Old Town, to a place called Rockin' Baja. Rockin’ Baja Coastal Cantina . A fun place with fun food. Casual dress, not terribly expensive.

For the most fabulous fresh fish tacos, go to Blue Water Seafood Market. They also have a small restaurant, so don't be afraid of the "market" name. Blue Water Seafood Market & Grill - Mission Hills - San Diego, CA . It was so good that I went back the next day for another fish taco. If you've never had a fish taco, don't be afraid to try one. They are amazing!

Any place in the Gaslight District is good. try Greystroke, Buppa deBeppo, etc. It's an area with many diverse restaurants and ethnic tastes. You'll be happy that you went to any one of these restaurants.

Now you've gone and done it....I feel an overwhelming NEED to go to San Diego to eat again. Actually, my husband is going out there for the next week weeks for work, and I've been begging him to take me with him.....too bad I have a job, or else I would go!

Have fun on your trip.

Sep 10, 2009
  8. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

By the way, we saw Spamalot when it played here in Baltimore. What a fun night! You'll have a blast. :thumbup:

Sep 10, 2009
  9. chefpenny99

chefpenny99 Member Gold Member

Thanks for the ideas. DH informed me last night that he doesn't want to wait until we get to San Diego to eat (it's about a 3-4 hour drive) so I won't be able to use any of these suggestions this trip. But I will definitely keep them in mind for any future trips!

Sep 10, 2009
Have something to add?