• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Your First Dim Sum Celebration: Tips & Advice

In summary, dim sum is a traditional Chinese meal consisting of small, bite-sized dishes served in bamboo steamers or on small plates. It is typically shared for breakfast or lunch and requires research to familiarize oneself with the variety of dishes. Reservations are not necessary, but recommended for large groups or during peak hours. Dress comfortably for the occasion and follow etiquette rules such as pouring tea for others before yourself and sharing dishes.
kylschef
Can anyone give me some pointers, I was just booked for my first Celebrations show. It happens to be Dim Sum, and I haven't a clue of what to do. What products, what recipe(s), do I need new kitchen tools? Please advise.

Did you receive the big tri-fold Celebrations folder? There's an outline for each one of the three shows, as well as recipes and an example of the recipe card that can be handed out at those shows. I would think that would have come with any paperwork packages. I'm not sure how long you've been a consultant, but that would have come with the changeover paperwork I believe when the new season started. I believe you can at least find the recipes on CC.

you can also look in your season's best recipe book for recipes. The one that is suggested by pampered chef in the potsticker thingys...i've never done it so i couldn't tell you. Also, on consultant's corner, there is an are under products and recipes or something that has all of the celebrations show recipes and such.

What is dim sum?

Dim sum is a traditional Chinese meal that consists of small, bite-sized dishes served in bamboo steamers or on small plates. It is typically served for breakfast or lunch and is meant to be shared with a group of people.

How should I prepare for my first dim sum celebration?

First, it is important to research different dim sum dishes and familiarize yourself with the different types of dumplings, buns, and other dishes that are typically served. Additionally, make sure to arrive with an empty stomach and an open mind, as there will be many new and exciting flavors to try.

Do I need to make reservations for a dim sum celebration?

In most cases, reservations are not necessary for dim sum. However, if you have a large group or are planning to go during peak hours, it may be a good idea to call ahead and reserve a table to ensure you have a spot.

What should I wear to a dim sum celebration?

There is no specific dress code for dim sum, but it is recommended to dress comfortably as you will be sitting for a while and potentially trying a variety of dishes. Some people choose to dress up for the occasion, while others opt for more casual attire.

Are there any etiquette rules I should follow during a dim sum celebration?

Yes, there are a few etiquette rules to keep in mind. It is customary to pour tea for others before pouring for yourself, and to tap the table with your index finger as a sign of gratitude to the person who poured your tea. It is also considered polite to share dishes and try a little of everything that is served.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bsaxman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vgmontes
  • jkowalski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jla8279
  • nay62