• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dim Sum Party Ideas: Recipes & Fun Ideas

In summary, for a dim sum party, you can make steamed shrimp dumplings, pork and cabbage potstickers, and sesame balls. There are also vegetarian and vegan options such as vegetable dumplings, tofu and vegetable spring rolls, and steamed buns. Traditional dipping sauces include soy sauce, chili sauce, and hoisin sauce, but you can also offer a variety of sauces like peanut sauce and sweet and sour sauce. Set up the party buffet-style with dishes and serving utensils for each type of dim sum. For entertainment, you can have a dim sum tasting competition and a DIY dumpling station.
Jennie4PC
I know this was from last season but I have a host who wants a dim sum party and I dont know were any info is on that if someone could please tell me some recipe ideas or anything fun to do that goes with the theme thanks so much

CcYou can go to Consultant's Corner, under Recipes and Products you can find Theme Shows which has all the Celebrations shows from the last few seasons. That's where I found the Mango Salsa Sundae cards from a couple seasons ago.

The potstickers are always a hit and so easy to make - you can also get everyone involved in making the different shapes!

I made the mango sundaes along with this and sometimes do the chicken satay spring rolls which are easy and can be done in spring rolls or tortillas.

Thanks you guys I really appreciate it.

I have done some Dim Sum shows and I did the Potstickers and one host also made the Asian Lettuce Wraps.

Does anyone have a better "filling" to use? I love the shape and the basic taste, but we thought the filling could be alot better.

I used real chicken instead of the canned and that helped. Also, I have tried it with some kind of cream cheese filling. (Now I can't remember where the heck I got that recipe... sorry!)

Love+
Rachel

I have not done the recipe...My shows are always basic shows. I don't have people who want that kind of stuff...they want rings and braids. I don't know what the texture of the "crust", but I would think you could use other fillings...taco meat for instance - as long as you drained it well. Anyone else have any ideas?

1. Can you recommend some easy dim sum recipes to make for a party?

Some easy and delicious dim sum recipes include steamed shrimp dumplings, pork and cabbage potstickers, and sesame balls. These can all be prepped ahead of time and easily cooked in batches during the party.

2. Do you have any vegetarian or vegan dim sum options?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan dim sum options such as vegetable dumplings, tofu and vegetable spring rolls, and steamed buns filled with tofu and vegetables.

3. What type of dipping sauces should I serve with my dim sum?

Traditional dim sum dipping sauces include soy sauce, chili sauce, and hoisin sauce. You can also offer a variety of sauces such as peanut sauce, sweet and sour sauce, and black bean sauce for guests to try.

4. How should I set up my dim sum party table?

It's best to set up a dim sum party buffet-style, with dishes and serving utensils for each type of dim sum. You can also include small plates and chopsticks for guests to serve themselves.

5. Can you suggest some fun activities or games to incorporate into a dim sum party?

One fun idea is to have a dim sum tasting competition, where guests blind taste different types of dim sum and try to guess the ingredients. You can also have a DIY dumpling station where guests can make their own dumplings and see who can make the most creative shapes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedpearl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedpearl
  • livelaughlove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies