1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Dill bread recipe

1. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

A sister consultant was asked about this by a customer. I searched PC website and here but couldn't find it. Anyone have it to share? If it is in a cookbook, do you know which one? TIA

Jul 22, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

This is all that I could find, not sure if it's what you're looking for, but hopefully it'll help!

For the "Valtrompia" tubes

1/3 cup very warm water
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 package yeast
    1 cup milk
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 1/4 teaspoons salt
    3 to 4 cups flour

In measuring cup, stir warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
    until mixture is foamy. Meanwhile, in large bowl stir together milk, butter, and salt. Next, add yeast mixture and stir all together. Add 2 1/2 cups of flour, blend together, then stir in as much of remaining flour as necessary to form soft dough. Turn onto lightly floured board, knead for 7 minutes, adding as much of remaining flour as necessary to form a smooth ball. Put into greased bowl, turn dough all around until greased all over. Cover with plastic wrap. Put in a warm draft-free place to rise until double in bulk.

Punch down. Divide dough in half, roll into a log 2 inches shorter than mold and insert in mold. Cap and bake at 400 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes.

Remove from mold.

Recipe makes two loaves.

This makes a dense and crusty bread, ideal for hors d'oeuvres, etc. For a taste variation add one teaspoon sage, dill or other herbs to dough.

Jul 22, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Hmmm, I've made the beer bread and put dill mix in it - maybe that would be it?

Please don't ask how much though...I just throw it in until it looks right.:eek:

Jul 22, 2009
  4. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

What are these the "Valtrompia" tubes?

Jul 22, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

They are our old bread tubes, there were 3 different shapes... for a while there was one on the outlet but I don't think it's there anymore...

Jul 23, 2009
    Rose Sage likes this.
  6. Here's the recipe. It came inside the Pampered Chef Crock that I bought 17 years ago. I just made this delicious bread today. This is the authentic PC recipe.

Attached Files:

Sep 22, 2019
  7. In case it's too hard to read: 1/4 cup warm water 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese 2 teaspoons dried dill weed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 to 2 1/4 cups flour, I package of active dry yeast, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of softened butter 1 tablespoon of sugar,

Sep 22, 2019
Have something to add?