• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adding Sauce to Meat: Crockpot Tips

The digital thermometer is meant to be used on an indoor stove or in the oven. It is not meant to be used on an outdoor grill.
pcjulie
Can you put this in after the meat has been cooking for a while? Also, can it be used with meat in a crockpot? Thanks!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

pcjulie said:
Can you put this in after the meat has been cooking for a while? Also, can it be used with meat in a crockpot? Thanks!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

Julie,
Sure you could probably put it in a crockpot.... We used it in our Turkey Fryer
at Thanksgiving when we deep fried our turkey. We tried this because it has a guarantee!
Right!
I don't know about putting it in after the meat has been cooking awhile in the oven ...
I guess if you forget to use it... Why not? But try not to forget... It is one of our amazing... can live without tools... especially if you cook alot of meat in the oven.... I sold 6 of them to my local fire department they cook 6 racks of prime rib at a time.....

Mary Beth Kraese
South Huntington, LI, NY
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/marybethskitchen

digital thermometer usesJulie,
My husband loves this item. He uses it to deepfry meat, grill everything.
You can put in the meat after it has cooked for a while or when you start.
Select the meat you are cooking, stick in the probe, and leave attachment setting on the cupboard. It will even tell you when its done. It also has a timer on it. It is so cool. I show at every show along with the grill items and sell at least one every show.
Michelle Huwe
Farmington NM

so the digital thermometer is put in the meat with the cord coming out of the oven?

Ginger,
yes the cord is coming out of the oven and attached to the base part
the probe is in the meat, the attachment to the base is setting on the counter
you pick the meat you are cooking and it will beep at you when it reaches that temperature
this is the therometer that costs $45
michelle

I have fallen in love with my digital thereometer it is well worth the money. One discovery that I made the other day is that you can use the therometer and the timer part at the same time. I might be a little slow at discovering this but thought that I would share just in case I am not the only slow one in the bunch.
regina

I used mine for the first time last week and I love it!!!! My turkey was so juicy because I didn't over cook it at all because I knew it was done.

I'm definetly thinking about getting this for my in-laws. Either there chicken or turkey is so overcooked that the dogs don't even want to eat it or it is undercooked and still pink. This would be the perfect tool for them!!:cool:

reesefamily5 said:
I used mine for the first time last week and I love it!!!! My turkey was so juicy because I didn't over cook it at all because I knew it was done.

I'm definetly thinking about getting this for my in-laws. Either there chicken or turkey is so overcooked that the dogs don't even want to eat it or it is undercooked and still pink. This would be the perfect tool for them!!:cool:

My chickens & turkeys have been so perfect too and I have not basted at all! Just trusting the themometer. I sell alot of these too. Such a wonderful product ~ and not heavy; don't leave home without it!

The Digital Thermometer is NOT meant to be used on an outdoor grill and if customer has problems and needs to return it and says there were using on grill, PC will NOT replace it. Just a word of warning, I had this happen with a guest. :(

Lisa

No No on the GrillMy parents use theirs on the grill all of the time! I have repeatedly told them it states in the Product information guide that it is not to be use on the grill and they are taking the life of the DT in their own hands!

I love my Dig Therm. - used it when I made a roast tonight in my professional skillet, the roast was still mostly frozen and I didn't want to chance cracking a stone!!!

Leea:cool:

1. How much sauce should I add to my meat in the crockpot?

The amount of sauce you add to your meat in the crockpot will depend on the recipe you are using. Generally, you want enough sauce to cover the meat and prevent it from drying out. It's always better to err on the side of too much sauce rather than too little.

2. Can I use any type of sauce for my crockpot meat?

Yes, you can use any type of sauce for your crockpot meat, but it's important to choose a sauce that complements the flavors of the meat. For example, if you are cooking chicken, a barbecue or teriyaki sauce would work well. If you are cooking beef, a red wine or tomato-based sauce would be a good choice.

3. Should I add the sauce to the crockpot before or after cooking the meat?

It's generally recommended to add the sauce to the crockpot before cooking the meat. This allows the flavors to mix and infuse into the meat as it cooks. However, if you are using a delicate sauce that may break down during the long cooking process, you can add it towards the end of cooking.

4. How long should I cook the meat with the sauce in the crockpot?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of meat and the recipe you are using. As a general rule, most meats should be cooked on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. It's important to check the internal temperature of the meat with a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked before serving.

5. Can I use frozen meat with the sauce in the crockpot?

Yes, you can use frozen meat with the sauce in the crockpot, but it's important to make sure the meat is completely thawed before cooking. This will ensure that the meat cooks evenly and reaches a safe internal temperature. You can also adjust the cooking time slightly to account for the frozen meat, but it may take longer for the meat to cook thoroughly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pcjulie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • JessicaS