• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing a Dead Battery: What Size Do I Need?

In summary, it can be difficult to determine the battery size for digital thermometers, and it's usually best to buy extras.
Jen1409
Does anyone know what size battery it takes? Mine completely died on me this weekend.

Never mind found it
One button cell (watch #LR-44) battery

Buy extras! Nothing's worse than needing it and it being dead! ;)

Sheila said:
Buy extras! Nothing's worse than needing it and it being dead! ;)

Actually, what's worse is discovering it was added to the bowl with all the other dirties from the show, and set into the sink to soak... :eek:

Hey guys, I was just wondering...how long does it take your digital thermometers to read the temp.? I swear it takes mine 2 minutes to slowly inch up.

Bwahaha! That's FUNNY!I'm so out of it. My 15 month old is running a fever & I was totally on the medical digital thermometer for taking a kids temp. My first thought when I read her post was that the battery size probably depended on the brand! LOLHmmm, wonder if the PC thermometer would work for taking a kids temp??? (((thumps finger on chin))) Under the arm of course, not talking about a rectal temp! ;)

babywings76 said:
Hey guys, I was just wondering...how long does it take your digital thermometers to read the temp.? I swear it takes mine 2 minutes to slowly inch up.

Mine gets quite close fairly quickly, but then slows down as it reaches the actual temperature. Most often, what I'll do is pick the part of the food that I think will be the hottest (smallest piece of chicken, an end of the pork tenderloin), and use that to bring the thermometer up to temp, then move to the thickest part that I really want to know is cooked through. Mine tends to drop a bit faster than rise.

babywings76 said:

My first thermometer took FOR EVER to heat up and i returned it. The second one I ordered was dead on arrival and my third... well it's counts up quickly to about 10 degrees than SLOWLY creeps to the temperature. So, now, if I want something at 160 degrees and i test a piece and it's at 120, i put it back in the oven. Now if it's 150, i'll wait.

Does anyone have one that instantly tells the temperature? I miss my old one because of this.

Mine is pretty fast--as a matter of fact, I take it out at shows, especially when I'm really hot, and turn it on and show everyone how hot it is, instantly--I always sell a few. In the meat it seems to take a bit longer.

Mine is pretty fast also!

I also try to put as much of the thermometer in the meat as possible. If that means picking up the chicken with tongs and sliding the thermometer in the side, I'll do that.

Jen1409 said:
Never mind found it
One button cell (watch #LR-44) battery

I've had good luck purchasing those hard to find batteries on Amazon.com. You can usually get a bonus pack that has quite a few of them cheaper than you can get them in stores (if you could find them).

my DT is reading, "EE" has that happened ot anyone else? Any idea why? I just replaced the battery not too long ago ago and it worked fine for a bit.

Sheila said:
Bwahaha! That's FUNNY!

I'm so out of it. My 15 month old is running a fever & I was totally on the medical digital thermometer for taking a kids temp. My first thought when I read her post was that the battery size probably depended on the brand! LOL

Hmmm, wonder if the PC thermometer would work for taking a kids temp??? (((thumps finger on chin))) Under the arm of course, not talking about a rectal temp! ;)

Umm, thanks for clarifying that, Sheila. Had me worried for a minute.:yuck::rolleyes:

Andrea, love your siggy about the exclamation points!! I, too, suffer from the same addiction!

1. What type of battery do I need to replace a dead battery for my kitchen scale?

The type of battery you need depends on the specific model of your kitchen scale. Refer to your product manual or contact our customer service for assistance in determining the correct battery size.

2. How do I know when my battery needs to be replaced?

There are a few signs that indicate your battery needs to be replaced, such as the scale not turning on or displaying inaccurate readings. Some scales also have a low battery indicator that will light up when the battery is running low.

3. Can I use any brand of battery to replace the dead battery in my kitchen scale?

We recommend using the same brand and type of battery that came with your kitchen scale. This ensures compatibility and optimal performance. Using a different brand may result in inaccurate readings or damage to the scale.

4. What do I do if the battery compartment is stuck or difficult to open?

If you are having trouble opening the battery compartment, try using a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry it open. If it still will not budge, contact our customer service for further assistance.

5. How often should I replace the battery in my kitchen scale?

The frequency of battery replacement depends on how often you use your kitchen scale. On average, we recommend replacing the battery every 6-12 months to ensure accurate readings. However, if you notice any signs of a low battery, it is best to replace it immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Mariah
  • Countrykitchenmichelle
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Janice
  • byrd1956