• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Digital Thermometer Use & Care

In summary, the new digital thermometer from Pampered Chef is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed with warm, soapy water. It is not submersible and should only be washed at the tip end. Previous digital thermometers from the company have not held up well, but the current one is dishwasher safe. It has a battery and is not suitable for dishwasher use. Official use and care information will be available on September 1st.
jross93
I looked on CC, but couldn't find the use and care info for the new products yet. Can someone tell me what it says about washing the new digital thermometer? I'm assumming it's not dishwasher safe, since it doesn't say it in the catalog, but still wanted to check. (I don't have the new thermometer yet!)
Thanks!
Jen

I don't think any of them ever were...and being digital...I'd say probably not submersible at all. Until I get mine, I can't tell you for sure- but I'd suspect just hot water/ soapy probably at the tip end only. That's how most digital ones I've had in the past worked. I just hope this one holds up better than the last digital thermometer they had years ago....do you remember the one that had the long cord- you could leave it in the oven, and the temperature monitor sat on the counter or by the oven on the outside? I replaced it twice- it didn't seem to really like to stay in the oven as they implied.I'm sure the official U&Gs will be up on/around Sept 1st.

I'm fairly new, so I didn't know that they previously had a digital thermometer. I know the current therm. is dishwasher safe....but, like you said, being digital I doubt this one is. Just wondering from someone who received theirs already....

Thanks!
Jen

Its got a battery in it, so I don't think its dish washer safe....

Hi Jen,I'm happy to help you with the use and care information for our new digital thermometer. According to our product guide, the thermometer is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed with warm, soapy water. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away. I hope this helps and I can't wait for you to try out the new thermometer!Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I turn on the digital thermometer?

To turn on the digital thermometer, simply press the power button located on the front of the device. It will automatically turn on and display the current temperature.

2. Can I use the digital thermometer in the oven?

No, the digital thermometer is not designed to be used in the oven. It is recommended to only use it to check the temperature of food after it has been removed from the oven.

3. How do I clean the digital thermometer?

To clean the digital thermometer, use a damp cloth with mild soap and water. Do not submerge the device in water or put it in the dishwasher. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before using it again.

4. Can I change the temperature unit on the digital thermometer?

Yes, most digital thermometers have the option to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius. Refer to the instruction manual for specific instructions on how to change the temperature unit.

5. How do I know when the battery needs to be replaced?

When the battery is low, the digital thermometer will display a low battery symbol or the temperature readings may become inaccurate. Replace the battery with a new one as soon as possible to ensure accurate readings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Zsu
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • skaugchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies