1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Digital thermometer use & care

1. jross93

jross93 Member

I looked on CC, but couldn't find the use and care info for the new products yet. Can someone tell me what it says about washing the new digital thermometer? I'm assumming it's not dishwasher safe, since it doesn't say it in the catalog, but still wanted to check. (I don't have the new thermometer yet!)
    Thanks!
    Jen

Aug 5, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I don't think any of them ever were...and being digital...I'd say probably not submersible at all. Until I get mine, I can't tell you for sure- but I'd suspect just hot water/ soapy probably at the tip end only.

That's how most digital ones I've had in the past worked.

I just hope this one holds up better than the last digital thermometer they had years ago....do you remember the one that had the long cord- you could leave it in the oven, and the temperature monitor sat on the counter or by the oven on the outside? I replaced it twice- it didn't seem to really like to stay in the oven as they implied.

I'm sure the official U&Gs will be up on/around Sept 1st.

Aug 5, 2009
  3. jross93

jross93 Member

I'm fairly new, so I didn't know that they previously had a digital thermometer. I know the current therm. is dishwasher safe....but, like you said, being digital I doubt this one is. Just wondering from someone who received theirs already....

Thanks!
    Jen

Aug 5, 2009
  4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Its got a battery in it, so I don't think its dish washer safe....

Aug 5, 2009
Have something to add?