• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Bottom of the Digital Pocket Thermometer Stainless or Aluminum?

In summary, the bottom of the digital pocket thermometer is stainless or aluminum, but it is not "instant read."
ChefLAM
Does anyone know if the bottom of the digital pocket thermometer is stainless or aluminum? I had a customer ask and I couldn't find that info in the catalog or on consultants corner under product info.

thanks!

Stick a magnet on it and see.

Does anyone know if it's 'Instant Read' ? A customer asked me but I can't pull up the product information for it.

Mine isn't an instant read. Actually I've been a little disappointed in mine. It seems to be slower than the old version (non-digital).

Thanks Amanda.

It's not instant, but it's pretty darned quick. I've been pleased with it and so have many of my customers.

How much faster would you like it? :confused:
Also, I'm thinking its aluminum because SS would be heavy....

I had a customer ask if it could go in the over while the food is baking..I told her I didn't think so but does anyone know for sure? I don't have it (I don't really want it...the first few I sold didn't work so I don't really want one) anyway, anyone know?

It is not oven safe and should not be left in the food when it is in the oven or on the grill.

it is not oven safe, since the top part is plastic.

( There is an instant read thermometer, but that would be WAY more expensive. It's like a laser light that you piont and reads right away. )

Before you do an adjustment for a "non" working thermometer. Call the HO for fixing instructions. I have called to have it replaced and instead they talked me through how to fix it. It took me 2 calls to HO to understand what they talk about, as myself never seen the thermometer.

Originally, some of the units gets shipped in a way that the battery is not connected. When you take the battery out, there is a spring and a flat metal flap underneath the battery. The flat metal flap needs to be turned upright, so it "hugs" the battery from the side and a tiny bit from the top (it's bent on the end). So after you turn it up, the spring makes the connection from the bottom and the metal flap will make the connection from the top and the side. Replace the battery and the battery cover and voila, it's done. It takes a coin and a pen to fix it.

Hope this helps everyone.

Zsuzsanna

1. How do I use the Digital Pocket Thermometer?

The Digital Pocket Thermometer is very easy to use. Simply insert the probe into the food you want to measure, and wait a few seconds for the temperature to display on the screen.

2. What is the temperature range for the Digital Pocket Thermometer?

The Digital Pocket Thermometer has a temperature range of -58°F to 572°F (-50°C to 300°C), making it suitable for a wide variety of cooking and baking needs.

3. Is the Digital Pocket Thermometer waterproof?

No, the Digital Pocket Thermometer is not waterproof. It is important to keep the thermometer dry and clean to ensure accurate readings and prevent damage.

4. Can I change the temperature unit on the Digital Pocket Thermometer?

Yes, the Digital Pocket Thermometer has a switch that allows you to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius readings, depending on your personal preference or recipe requirements.

5. How do I change the battery on the Digital Pocket Thermometer?

To change the battery on the Digital Pocket Thermometer, simply unscrew the battery cover on the back of the device and replace the battery with a new one. Make sure to dispose of the old battery properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
saliahkako
  • jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Cooking_Mama