• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Digital Pocket Thermometer Falling Apart?

I have not heard of a replacement probe, but I do know that there is a different brand of thermometer that has a probe that is compatible with the old digital thermometer. The brand is called Polder.
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with the digital pocket thermometer? I've had 3 fall apart--one was a customer's, the other two were mine. The "head" gets all wobbly, and the next thing you know, the wires are exposed. Unfortunately, my last one is now out of warranty.

PamperedchefDaly said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a problem with the digital pocket thermometer? I've had 3 fall apart--one was a customer's, the other two were mine. The "head" gets all wobbly, and the next thing you know, the wires are exposed. Unfortunately, my last one is now out of warranty.

Happened to one my ex mother-in-law got a few months ago. Doing the product adjustment for her on Monday.

Yes ive had the same thing. Plus they are not instant tmperature readers, or at least my three weren't. Theyed count slowly up in degrees...

Mine "broke" too. Fortunately it was still under warranty. I had to borrow my hubby's (I got him one for Christmas. He uses it to check the temperature coming out of the vents in the house. I know strange, but he is trying to make the house more energy efficient and needs to know stuff like that).

No problem with getting it replaced, though!

My brother's did the same thing. Sounds like a common issue. Also, one of my coworkers had one where the battery 'lid' would not stay on- just kept popping off. Both were replaced without issue.

I've had two customers have the tops come off exposing wires. They were both easily replaced. There must be some design problem, hopefully it will get resolved as I love this item and often show the temp. in people's houses.

I thought I was the only one! Mine was delivered with a wobbly head that soon popped off to expose the wires. Haven't heard from any customers yet.... but then again I think I've only sold 2 so far (I'm fairly new at this).

Mine too! Only problem in doing the adjustment is being without a cooking thermometer while waiting.....

I have lost 2 to this same "flaw". I did contact HO and a "product tester" called me and asked me for feedback and suggestions on a better design. I gave him another "brand" that I had found and let him know to check that one out relating to the probe base. This was about 2 months ago, so we'll see if a new design will be available in the Fall.

Mine hasn't fallen apart, but it won't turn off! I don't know what the deal is. Eventually it dies and turns off and then it lets me use it again. So it's not completely dead. But I don't get what the problem is. Maybe I just need a new battery?Another one I had took for-e-ver to read the temp. I'd have the whole kitchen get super hot from leaving the oven door open so long trying to check them temp of my meat. :rolleyes:

Mine did the same thing. The wires were exposed and the back battery cover wouldn't stay on. I got mine replaced, but I don't talk about them at my shows either. I don't want to sell something that I am not satisfied with, whether it was replaced or not.

I just had to return one for the same reason. After reading these posts I might have to stop promoting them too.

My first one did this - although it came that way. Never did work. Got my new one which works fine. Will definitely be careful with it going to shows, though.

Anyone know if there is a replacement probe that would work for the 'old' digital thermometer that was used for reading a variety of temps and an alarm would go off when the temp was reached. The probe detached. The Polder brand probe looks the same. What brand was our Digital Thermometer?

What is the warranty on the Digital Pocket Thermometer?

The Digital Pocket Thermometer comes with a one-year warranty against any defects in materials and workmanship.

How do I clean the Digital Pocket Thermometer?

The Digital Pocket Thermometer can be cleaned by wiping it with a damp cloth or using a mild soap and water solution. Do not submerge the thermometer in water or put it in the dishwasher.

Can the Digital Pocket Thermometer be recalibrated?

Yes, the Digital Pocket Thermometer can be recalibrated by placing the probe in a cup of ice water for about 30 seconds and adjusting the calibration screw on the back of the thermometer to read 32°F (0°C).

What is the temperature range of the Digital Pocket Thermometer?

The Digital Pocket Thermometer has a temperature range of -58°F to 572°F (-50°C to 300°C).

Is the Digital Pocket Thermometer waterproof?

No, the Digital Pocket Thermometer is not waterproof. It is water-resistant, but should not be submerged in water or used in extremely wet conditions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies