• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Different Uses for Garlic Slicer

In summary, the conversation discussed using a slicer for various ingredients, such as garlic, ginger, nuts, chocolate chips, and parmesan cheese. It was also suggested to try using it with harder cheeses, such as whole almonds, and mushrooms. Some helpful tips were shared, such as soaking the almonds before slicing and using the slicer for a variety of dishes, including summer berry shortcakes. Overall, the slicer was praised for its versatility and effectiveness in creating shaved ingredients.
redsoxgirl
I was playing with my slicer the other day and decided to try nuts and chocolate chips to top the Double Chocolate Cups with.

WORKS FANTASTIC!!! :love:

It's a shaved look rather than the snow look you get from the Micro Plane.

Make sure to let people know they can use it for more than just garlic!!

Parmesean Cheese too_Or put white chocolate and regular chocolate on each side for a great look.

Thanks for sharing!

So it'll do:

- garlic
- ginger
- nuts
- choc chips

What else? I love multiple uses for our products!

So it'll do:

- garlic
- ginger
- nuts
- choc chips
- parmesan cheese

Thanks Allison!

wadesgirl said:
Parmesean Cheese too.

Or put white chocolate and regular chocolate on each side for a great look.

I was wondering if it'd do harder cheeses.

And what a great idea with the white and regular chips!!

I second the chocolate! It actually is the only thing I've used it for as of yet. I used a hersey's kiss and it worked great!

carrots but leaves an orange tint

Will it do whole almonds? Have a host this evening doing summer berry shortcakes and she bough whole almonds instead of sliced.
Thanks.

friend of mine does kisses with hers as part of her demonstration.

Cool!!!!! Thanks for these tips!!!!!!

flemings99 said:
Will it do whole almonds? Have a host this evening doing summer berry shortcakes and she bough whole almonds instead of sliced.
Thanks.

I think so.

Mushrooms. If you love the flavor but don't want the texture, you can shave them. They'll disappear into soups, stews, and sauces. Or, you can sprinkle the shaved mushrooms on top for a lovely presentation.

A friend put almonds into mine to play with it, and it shredded, rather than sliced. The slices were too thin, so they fell apart. But it was a different texture than grating them with the microplane.

I found that if you soak the almonds in some water for like 15-20 minutes, you'll have better luck slicing them in the garlic slicer. They stay in tact better.

That's a good idea, Jessica.

Thanks a lot for these tips! I am definately getting one now!! :)

1. How do I use the garlic slicer to make thin slices of garlic?

To make thin slices of garlic using the garlic slicer, first peel the garlic clove and place it into the slicer. Then, firmly press down and slide the clove back and forth to create thin slices. You can adjust the thickness of the slices by applying more or less pressure while sliding the clove.

2. Can the garlic slicer also be used for other vegetables?

Yes, the garlic slicer can also be used for slicing other vegetables such as onions, shallots, and ginger. Simply follow the same steps as you would for slicing garlic, adjusting the pressure and speed as needed for different vegetables.

3. How do I clean the garlic slicer?

To clean the garlic slicer, simply rinse it under running water and use a small brush or toothpick to remove any stuck pieces. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I use the garlic slicer to mince garlic?

No, the garlic slicer is specifically designed for slicing garlic and is not suitable for mincing. To mince garlic, you can use a garlic press or finely chop it with a knife.

5. Is the garlic slicer safe to use?

Yes, the garlic slicer is safe to use as long as you follow the instructions and use it correctly. Make sure to keep your fingers away from the blade while using and always use caution when handling sharp objects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies
Views
Admin Greg