• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help Me Plan a Fundraiser Booth at a Tractor Pull Event?

In summary, Debbie recommends donating a gift, including a gift certificate, and giving current catalogs and flyers to attendees.
Debunny
I have a question about doing a Different kind of fundraiser and would like opinions on how to go about it. Every year our local Volunteer Fire Dept has a Tractor Pull where venders can set up booths or etc. I would like to possibly do a fundraiser booth so that the Fire Dept gets the sales but I am not sure at all how to go about it. It is a huge outdoor event with ppl from all over the state attending. How would you do the orders with something like this and is it even feasible? I mean, if you have to have different tax tables or send the orders to different places around the state how would you figure out the shipping and such at the event?? And how would you do a demonstration? I am new to PC, in fact this next weekend is my first party but the Fire Dept has this show every May so I would love some advice on how to make it work. This is their only fundraiser for the year and the desperately need all of the donations they can get. Thanks so much for all of the wonderful advice i have been reading on here. I was up til 2 am reading these boards last night, I am so hooked already. :)

I think it is a great idea. You could set up like you would for a fair (products out and some samples to demo) and take orders. Unless it is set up that people KNOW they are EXPECTED to order right then, you won't get a lot of orders that way.

You could pass out catalogs to the firemen and wives and ask them to collect orders. That is probably the best way. You will get more orders that way. You would need the cooperation of the firemen and wives.

You could also raffle off some items and use the money you collect from tickets as the fundraiser.

I'll give it some more thought.

Our VFD Ox Roast sounds much smaller but we do have a booth of donated items which are raffled off. People buy tickets and put them in for the item(s) they wish to win. I will be donating a gift set of some sort and I will make a display card for it with my name & number. I think they will get more money that way too. Everything is a profit since it's donated. Will it generate bookings? Maybe. I may have to volunteer my time too at that booth ;)

Just the route I think I have to take. I can't imagine getting all the items shipped/delivered to the customers. Direct Ship can be expensive.

Bec

Thanks for the advice. I may definitely look into doing a raffle of some sort. Out of curiousity though, would I need to "buy" the items up front for the raffle or buy them and use some of the raffle money to just reimburse the cost of the items? I wish there were a way to do a short demonstration at the show but getting power out there would be a little difficult. I may try to order the bundt pan though and see if there is anyway I can get at least one power strip to run a microwave there. The thing of it is that alot of the ppl are watching the show most of the time so dont know if a demonstration would be possible. Or maybe I could just make it there and tell anyone interested how it was made and give samples of it out? Hmmm Im still thinking of a way to make it work though. :) It is a very local thing, as in 2 miles from my home so ALOT of the ppl there will be close to me so maybe if I can at least get some contacts that would be great.

Debbie

Fundraiser TablesI get a lot of schools & groups asking me to donate something when they have a draw/silent auction table, I generally give a gift (a quickstir pitcher, microcooker, mimi serving spatula etc) and a gift certificate for a specific item that I already have in my cupboard (food chopper, stone or something else I've earned free) or $20 (or %10 off their next order). I also include 2 current catalogues, a Season's Best (sometimes last season), business cards and a flyer summarizing what Pampered Chef has to offer (Bridal Shows, Fundraisers, Kitchen Shows, Consultant).
The reason I give a gift certificate is simple - they have to contact me in order to use it so I can build a relationship with that person and take if from there. I give at least 2 catalogues because I want them to share the other one with a friend/family member.

If they don't have a raffle booth you could donate a bar pan and give all the money to the VFD. Display the barpan in its box and use your barpan from your kit and demo bar cookies that can be cut into tiny bit-sized samples. That way people can view the barpan and see it in action (so to speak). I wouldn't cook anything. Make it easy on yourself. Maybe a do a skillet cake at home, hand out catalogs, recipe books, etc. Make sure they know that ½ the catalog is under $10 and ¾ of the catalog is under $20 since you will have high-end items on display. I like the idea of a gift cert too because they will have to contact you to use it.

In addition... what about a "Test Kitchen" I did this at my Open House.
-Bring some potatoes and have people use the Ultimate Slice -n Grate or the APCS.
-Bring nuts (or something) to go in the Food Chopper.
-Show them how clean your Professional Skillet is after the cake came out.

Have paper and pens with you so people can sign up for your newsletter or you can tell them to write their name and phone number down for when the new catalog comes out in the fall.

Gee, I just gave myself a bunch of good ideas!

-Bec

Thanks for the great ideas. The only problem with someof them is that I am new, this is my first month with my first show being this weekend, so i dont have alot of the items you were talking about yet. As in, the bar pan or professional skillet or ultimate slice and grate. And to be honest right now i just dont have the incoem to get it all. I am trying to buy a little at a time though so maybe in a few months I will have most of it. Very good ideas though. Now I may try to fix some type of bar cookies or a double batch of brownies in my rectangular baker before hand? That may go over good.

Thanks again,
Debbie

How about.....Hey do you have the mini muffin pan?? If so, you can do brownies with it-they always go over well and they're easy too!!

yes i do have the mini muffin pan, very cool idea, thanks alot. save on cutting something up too ;)

heyGlad I could help....I am a newbie too and I know how much I like to get peoples opinions and info so I try to pitch in to whom ever will listen. HaHa! :p

Another easy thing to make in the mini muffin pan are Cookie Kisses. The recipe is on the use and care card for the Mini Tart Shaper.

Lee Anne
[email protected]

Attachments

• COOKIE KISSES.doc
    20 KB · Views: 714
I know what you mean about funds. I'm just now getting into my Super Starter Month 2 so I am new also. I just earned the barpan in SSM1 and I already had one in my kitchen so that will be my gift to whomever comes up with a crafty name for my monthly newsletter (I went the newsletter route since I don't have money for a website right now). Actually, anything I get double of I like to use as give-a-ways or incentives to have a Show. Even if you don't have a Newsletter yet. You can still have them sign up for it and then work on it when you can.

Maybe ask your Director or Senior Director to borrow the barpan and 10" or 12" Skillet. I'm always borrowing from my Director! One of my first starter shows I used her Stir-Fry Skillet, 1 Stainless Bowl, 1 Citrus Striped towel, and 2 prep bowls... just so I could show what was new since I didn't have a chance to earn any.

HTH some,
-Bec

My recruiter and I worked a fashion show fundraiser for the local BPW. They had vendor tables so we set up. At an event like that, your main goal is to get contacts and bookings, although we each had a couple of orders. Keep in mind, if you are paying for your table you are already donating money to the cause.
We set up a display of primarily the new products. I also got a spiral notebook to use as a guest list. I asked everyone who stopped by to sign up for my newsletter so I can keep them up to date on specials, new recipes etc - we actually got a lot of names. Now these are no longer cold contacts - they have given you permission to contact them. I also had a column for phone # - some gave it some didn't.
We also made the three Farmers Market Dips and had them in Simple Addition Bowls along with pretzel sticks for dipping - that really got people stopping by, and it's easy.
Does your recruiter or director live nearby - you can always borrow items you don't have.

Good luck!
Debbie

What is a "Different Kind of Fundraiser" with Pampered Chef?

A "Different Kind of Fundraiser" with Pampered Chef is a unique way for organizations, schools, and groups to raise money while enjoying high-quality kitchen and cooking products.

How does a "Different Kind of Fundraiser" work?

First, you will choose a date and time for your fundraiser. Then, you will invite your friends, family, and community to shop through your personalized Pampered Chef online party link. A portion of the sales from the party will go towards your fundraising goal.

What are the benefits of hosting a "Different Kind of Fundraiser" with Pampered Chef?

Hosting a "Different Kind of Fundraiser" with Pampered Chef allows you to raise money for your cause while also earning free and discounted products for yourself. You also have the opportunity to introduce your friends and family to high-quality cooking and kitchen products.

How much money can we expect to raise through a "Different Kind of Fundraiser"?

The amount of money you can raise through a "Different Kind of Fundraiser" will vary depending on the size of your group and the sales generated. However, on average, groups raise between $500-$1000 through this type of fundraiser.

What type of support does Pampered Chef provide for "Different Kind of Fundraisers"?

Pampered Chef provides a dedicated fundraising consultant to help you plan and promote your fundraiser. We also offer marketing materials, online training, and ongoing support throughout the fundraising process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
country cook
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • Tonya Sue