• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

P3 Warnings: Don't Cross-Contaminate Your Guest Specials!

In summary, cross-contamination is the transfer of harmful pathogens from one food item to another through contact with utensils, surfaces, or hands. It is important to avoid cross-contamination to prevent foodborne illnesses. Ways to prevent cross-contamination include washing hands frequently, using separate cutting boards and utensils for raw and cooked foods, and properly cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and equipment. If cross-contamination does occur, it is important to immediately clean and sanitize any affected items and discard contaminated food. The P3 warning helps prevent cross-contamination during Pampered Chef parties by reminding hosts and guests to follow proper food safety guidelines. Cross-contamination can also occur with non-food items, making it important to use separate cutting boards and utensils for
esavvymom
Staff member
Am I just crazy, but didn't P3 used to give you an error or warning or have the dollar amount $0 if you were trying to order the wrong month's special? It's been so long since I've had 'carry-over' shows/orders, I can't remember.

I had an August show that I just submitted. The show was about $5 away from qualifying as a show, so I looked at my MIL's order and was adding a $5 item to it....so I searched for the items and sorted them by price. The Pumpkin dish was in the list, so I thought "Great! I'll get her that for a little gift for her large order", etc etc. It let me add it now problem. I submitted the show, no flags. But the show obviously went on hold. OOPS! Didn't even dawn on me! I could have sworn that in the past, you wouldn't see the price or you'd get a warning symbol or something.

So just be careful about "cross-contaminating" your guest specials. :)

Yes, I would get a red dot and a message that the item was not available if the month of the show didn't match the month of the special.

I wonder if this happened because the show was submitted in Sept.? I would definitely call or email tech support and tell them what happened and ask if it's a bug in the program. They need to check that so it doesn't happen again.

What is cross-contamination and why is it important to avoid it?

Cross-contamination occurs when bacteria or other harmful pathogens from one food item are transferred to another food item. This can happen through contact with utensils, surfaces, or hands that have touched contaminated food. It is important to avoid cross-contamination because it can lead to foodborne illnesses.

What are some ways to prevent cross-contamination when preparing food?

Some ways to prevent cross-contamination include washing hands frequently, using separate cutting boards and utensils for raw and cooked foods, and properly cleaning and sanitizing surfaces and equipment between use. It is also important to avoid using the same utensils or serving dishes for different food items.

What should be done if cross-contamination does occur?

If cross-contamination does occur, it is important to immediately clean and sanitize any surfaces, utensils, or equipment that may have come into contact with the contaminated food. The contaminated food should also be discarded to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria.

How does the P3 warning help prevent cross-contamination during Pampered Chef parties?

The P3 warning reminds hosts and guests to follow proper food safety guidelines to prevent cross-contamination. It also provides tips for safe food handling and preparation. By following these guidelines, the risk of cross-contamination is reduced, ensuring the safety of all guests.

Can cross-contamination occur with non-food items as well?

Yes, cross-contamination can occur with non-food items as well. For example, if a cutting board is used to chop raw meat and then used to cut vegetables, the bacteria from the raw meat can contaminate the vegetables. It is important to use separate cutting boards and utensils for raw and cooked foods to prevent cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mille
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • MarineGurl020412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MarineGurl020412
  • liljen19