• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Welcome Back to ChefSuccess: Adjusting to a Year-Long Deployment

In summary, going through a year-long deployment can be a challenging and emotional experience. It's important to find healthy ways to cope with the stress and emotions by seeking support, practicing self-care, and seeking counseling if needed. Staying connected with your deployed loved one can be achieved through various methods such as sending care packages and setting up regular communication. Managing a household and single parenting during a deployment can be overwhelming, but with planning, organization, and utilizing resources, it is possible to keep things running smoothly. Adjusting to changes in a relationship after a deployment can be navigated through open communication and seeking counseling as a couple.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
Sooo I'm back after a hiatus from chefsuccess! Not really...my membership lapsed and I was super busy with girls scouts, baseball, softball and being a single mother! My DH is 7 weeks into a year long deployment and the adjustment has been harder then any other time. I'm used to the 6-7 month but something about 12 months is really making this hard.
Anyway....I am working about 2 shows a month so not bad all in all. So what have y'all been up to?

glad to 'see' you back here, Erin. I have noticed a few people (myself included) that are getting busy, obviously, since they don't post/log-on as often....that time of year, I guess. :)

Welcome back!!

Yes, I missed you! Welcome back. Thank you for your husband's service.

Glad to see you back, Erin!

The only thing harder than being a soldier is being a soldier's wife.

Welcome back!

Thanks for coming back to us Erin. You WERE missed! :)

Crystal Patton said:
The only thing harder than being a soldier is being a soldier's wife.

Welcome back!

Well said!

Welcome back Erin! Don't forget we are here for you if you need to vent. There are plenty of us who are in you shoes right now, or have been in your shoes in the past. My ex-husband did a 14 month deployment, its rough, but it's doable! :) Just remember to keep your chin up and it will be over before you know it!

WHO are you?

Just kidding:angel:. Very happy to have you back!!!! Hope the year goes by quickly for you.

So glad you are back Erin! I pray your husband will be safe!

We've missed you around here - glad you are back!

Thanks y'all!!!

1. How do I handle the stress and emotions of a year-long deployment?

Going through a year-long deployment can be a challenging and emotional experience. It's important to find healthy ways to cope with the stress and emotions. Some suggestions include seeking support from friends and family, joining a support group, practicing self-care activities such as exercise and relaxation techniques, and seeking professional counseling if needed.

2. How do I stay connected with my deployed loved one?

There are many ways to stay connected with your deployed loved one, even if you are thousands of miles apart. Some options include sending care packages, writing letters, setting up regular video calls, and sending pictures and updates about your life. It's also important to discuss communication preferences and boundaries with your loved one before they leave.

3. How can I keep my household running smoothly while my partner is deployed?

Managing a household while your partner is deployed can be overwhelming, but with some planning and organization, it is possible to keep things running smoothly. Some tips include creating a daily and weekly schedule, delegating tasks to family members or hiring help if needed, and setting realistic expectations for yourself and your family.

4. How do I handle the challenges of single parenting during a deployment?

Being a single parent during a deployment can be difficult, but it's important to remember that you are not alone. Reach out to friends and family for support, utilize resources such as military family support services, and take advantage of any available childcare options. It's also important to communicate openly and honestly with your children and involve them in age-appropriate ways in the deployment process.

5. How can I adjust to the changes in my relationship after a year-long deployment?

A year-long deployment can bring about changes in a relationship, but with open communication and patience, these changes can be navigated together. It's important to discuss any concerns or issues that may have arisen during the deployment and to give each other time to readjust to being together again. Seeking counseling as a couple can also be helpful in addressing any challenges and improving communication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • OhmyDLM
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • nikked