• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Power of Did You Know Cards for Your Next Event

In summary, the Did You Know Cards are a great way to keep the crowd involved and prevent downtime. Rita provides a helpful description of how to create and use the cards.
kjxon
Does anyone do the Did you know cards at their shows? I still don't understand how to do them.

There's really not much to doing them. Simply pass them out to the guests and call on them to read one or two during the 'slow' parts of the show (or when you're trying to remember what's next in the recipe - ha!). It prevents downtime and keeps the crowd involved. I use the Riddle Cards (located in the Files section), and forgot all about the Did You Know Cards. I think I may break them out for this weekend. Although there are 24 cards on the attached. You won't want to use all of them at one show, and be sure to have some general tip cards, recruiting info cards, and hosting a show cards mixed up.

Attachments

• Did You Know Cards.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 734
Thanks for posting these. What a great Idea. Another one to add to the shows!!!!!! :)

Very Cool. So do you just have them pick one or do you pass them out? and if you pass them out, when do you do that? I must be having my daily blonde moment :p , cause I just ain't getting it. :confused:

Kim,
Matter of preferrence, I suppose; but I pass mine out and hand it to them as I am handing them their folder/catalog/pen. I usually have some pre-determined order and if I want a certain person to receive a certain card, I have them on the bottom and deal from the bottom of the deck to that certain person.

Baumann,
Your welcome. Enjoy and Happy Selling!

Thanks Rita.

Rita....I was just curious to what the riddle cards are? I tried searching files but nothing came up. Would love to see them if anybody has them. Thanks!!

Riddle Cards and Did You Know CardsCheck out http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?p=2448#post2448, post #10

It has the attachment, how to create them and the explaination of how I use them at the show.

As for your search effort, I don't know where you went wrong. I just went to Files, and for the name, typed Riddle*
Pulled up just fine. Sorry

Last edited:
Great CardsRita,

I really like this idea and the did you knows are great. But isn't a tomato a fruit, not a vegatable? At least that is what we were also taught in the community I live in.

Tomatos / Tomatoes, Fruit / Veggie, hmm?Botanists (scientists who study plants) classify the tomato (Lycopericon esculentum)technically as a berry, which in a scientific sense, is a simple fruit. But horticulturists (people who cultivate plants) and the United States Department of Agriculture, in its bulletins and reports, classify the tomato as a vegetable.

On May 10, 1893, the United States Supreme Court ruled that the tomato is a vegetable and, as such, is subject to import taxes under the United States Tariff Act of 1883. The Tariff Act imposed taxes on imported vegetables but not on fruits.

Sources include:
http://science.enotes.com/science-fact-finder/tomato-fruit-vegetable
http://www.solutions.uiuc.edu/content.cfm?series=4&item=514&Parents=0%7C67
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question143.htm

Last edited:
Great InfoRita,

Thanks for the info. It is so funny that living in the San Joaquin Valley, central california, which is a heavy ag area, and specifically tomatoes, that although when you first think of a tomato you think veggie, every teacher/farmer whatever when I was growing up, always corrected you "it's a fruit" they would say. You would think if they were being taxes since the 1800 as the basis it is a veggie, none of us would even know technically if is a fruit!

Anyway, I am just commenting. thanks again for the great sources.

What are "Did You Know Cards"?

"Did You Know Cards" are a unique and interactive way to engage guests at your event. They are small cards with interesting facts or trivia questions related to cooking, food, and kitchen tools.

How can I use "Did You Know Cards" at my event?

There are many ways to incorporate "Did You Know Cards" into your event. You can use them as conversation starters at a dinner party, as icebreakers at a team building event, or as a game during a cooking demonstration. The possibilities are endless!

Are there different themes available for the cards?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of "Did You Know Cards" with different themes such as cooking tips, food history, or kitchen gadgets. You can choose the theme that best fits your event or mix and match for a diverse selection.

Can I customize the cards with my own questions or facts?

Unfortunately, we do not offer customization for the "Did You Know Cards" at this time. However, we are always open to suggestions and feedback from our customers, so feel free to share your ideas with us!

Where can I purchase "Did You Know Cards" for my event?

You can purchase "Did You Know Cards" directly from Pampered Chef's website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also earn them for free by hosting a Pampered Chef party. Contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bgilmore
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tpasto
Replies