• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Staying Safe at the County Fair: Tips for Meeting Potential Consultants

In summary, you called two of your leads and left one message. You are waiting to hear back from the other.
Mackailey
Well did 4 hours at the county fair got 5 'maybe' for shows 2 yes and one who is interested in becoming a consultant.. And its a man!! How do I approach this? Men do well, thats not the issue.. But for my safety should we meet in a public place? Our next meeting here is in a few weeks should I just have him meet us there? Hmmmm

Since you met him at the fair, and is a stranger to you, I think meeting in a public place is an acceptable thing to do. You should suggest meeting in a coffee bar or someplace that has free internet access, if that is possible in your area. You could sign him up online to get him registered before the end of the month, for the Roasting Pan incentive. Then go over with him the things he can do while he waits for his kit to arrive. I believe there is a document on here somewhere titled something like "What to do til your kit arrives". I would do a search and have that available to give to him. Then, of course, invite him to your next cluster meeting. Way to go on your success at the fair!

Definately meet in a public place. You do not know him, and I don't think any of us want to be seeing you on the headlines of FOX News (well in a bad way). I think the coffee bar is a great idea, oh yeah you guys don't have those in TN, LOL. Maybe meet for lunch, and it will be tax deductible. Good luck, I hoping you get your first recruit. :D

Well I think they have them.. Just not around here!! LOL.. I guess I could treat him to a 'sweat tea' and a pc. of pie..LOL.. I called two of my leads. Left one message and got a booking in october for the other. I was gonna call tonight but my kids are screaming crazy sick!!!! :(

Hi there! Congratulations on your successful time at the county fair and getting interest from potential new consultants! It's always exciting to see men interested in becoming consultants, as they can bring a unique perspective to our team. In terms of approaching this potential consultant, it's always a good idea to prioritize your safety. Meeting in a public place is definitely a smart idea, especially if you don't know this person well yet. You could also suggest meeting at a coffee shop or other neutral location for an initial conversation to get to know each other better. Ultimately, it's up to your discretion and comfort level. I'm excited to see where this opportunity leads for you! Keep up the great work.

1. How can I ensure my safety when meeting potential consultants at the county fair?

The best way to ensure your safety is to always meet in a public and well-lit area. It's also important to let someone know where you will be and who you will be meeting. Additionally, trust your instincts and if something feels off, it's okay to politely decline the meeting.

2. What should I bring with me to the county fair when meeting potential consultants?

It's always a good idea to bring a friend or teammate with you to the fair. You should also have your phone fully charged and easily accessible in case of an emergency. It's also a good idea to bring a small amount of cash for any purchases you may make.

3. How can I make sure the potential consultant is legitimate?

Before meeting with a potential consultant, do some research on their background and credentials. You can also ask for references or reach out to other consultants in the industry to get their opinion. Trust your gut and if something seems off, it's better to be cautious.

4. What should I do if I feel uncomfortable during the meeting?

If at any point during the meeting you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, it's important to trust your instincts and end the meeting. You can politely excuse yourself and leave, or if you feel that the situation is serious, you can contact the authorities.

5. Are there any red flags to watch out for when meeting potential consultants at the county fair?

Some red flags to watch out for include pressuring you to make a decision or sign up immediately, asking for personal or financial information, or making promises that seem too good to be true. If you encounter any of these, it's best to be cautious and do more research before committing to anything.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christy217
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pckimboyers
  • pamperedmom2owen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • Shannon Russell