• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is P3 Obsolete on the Beta Site?

In summary, the beta site is better, but it is not as user friendly as the old site. You will still need P3 for history. Shows from then on are entered on line and sent through the website. However, you will need an offline mode for some shows because of lack of wi-fi or data signals.
Pamperedva
Gold Member
Does P3 become obsolete once we change over to the Beta Site? Are shows from then on entered on line and sent through the website? Thank you for answering the duh question for me. Virginia

Not a 'duh' question.....I wonder too. I wont even try the new yet for fear I am stuck. :).

P3 won't be obsolete but once you cancel your PWS you won't be able to get online orders for a P3 show. I am using Beta but have not yet cancelled my PWS either.

You will still need p3 for history. Show history does not sync to the beta site! I am so currently frustrated by the beta site!!!!

Yeah...Kinda Sorta...
Pamperedva said:
Does P3 become obsolete once we change over to the Beta Site? Are shows from then on entered on line and sent through the website? Thank you for answering the duh question for me. Virginia

I recently received the email suggesting that the Beta Site was much better and we should consider switching. So I did. BIG MISTAKE (for me)!

First, I had open shows in P3, so that made it so I couldn't use the P3 software to sync with online orders immediately. So that was a problem for me.

The next problem, and this one is more than likely the reason I will be one of the last to switch over to the new site, all things must be done online going forward.

I live in a rural area and many of my shows are at homes that still do not have internet access. I've even run into quite a few of these homes where I can't get my cell phone signal, let alone a data signal for my phone internet. So with that being said, I really need an offline solution. P3 is that solution right now, and in my calls to Tech Support, the iPhone Mobile App will have an Offline Mode, but since I'm an Android user, I'll have to wait until that App is developed before switching.

I LOVE being a Trailblazer, and the thought of switching to the new site was exciting to me. I love the new look and features, but sadly, I will have to hold off for the sake of my business.

One last side note, Has anyone thought about the possible extra expense they are going to have to enter into their business budget with this new ONLINE ONLY show entry? If you're not already in possession of a laptop, you'll have to consider that, or do everything on your phone. For some, that might mean, more data limits hit, thus higher monthly fees. For myself, I have unlimited data, but that's assuming you have a data signal in that area. I've considered getting a Hot Spot with a different provider, but again, additional expense. Just trying to plan ahead.

Loveleigh said:
I recently received the email suggesting that the Beta Site was much better and we should consider switching. So I did. BIG MISTAKE (for me)!One last side note, Has anyone thought about the possible extra expense they are going to have to enter into their business budget with this new ONLINE ONLY show entry? If you're not already in possession of a laptop, you'll have to consider that, or do everything on your phone. For some, that might mean, more data limits hit, thus higher monthly fees. For myself, I have unlimited data, but that's assuming you have a data signal in that area. I've considered getting a Hot Spot with a different provider, but again, additional expense. Just trying to plan ahead.
I'm confused. If you don't have a smart phone or a laptop, can't you still bring the orders home and just enter them on your computer the way we do now. I don't see a laptop purchase in my future and so far don't have a smart phone :(

cochef said:
I'm confused. If you don't have a smart phone or a laptop, can't you still bring the orders home and just enter them on your computer the way we do now. I don't see a laptop purchase in my future and so far don't have a smart phone :(
I don't plan on purchasing an i-pad or smart phone any time in the future. I'll continue to do it manually and come home and enter it on my computer. I'm not spending extra $$ for that capability. Plus if the host doesn't have wi-fi then what's the point? And I also do a lot of shows in rural areas who don't have that capability. Just my opinion.

I actually prefer to enter at home. I haven't fully made the switch yet but will most likely still do that even after I have. I find that I don't focus on the customer if I am focused on the screen.

You can still bring your orders home and enter them as you've done. You can even go the 'ole faithful way of Paper Only and do things that way. My arguement here is that the P3 software has definatly HELPED me and my business in that it catches a multitude of sins. Nothing is more embarrasing, to me, than having to call a guest and telling them that *I* made a mathematical error or worse, that *THEY* made an error that I didn't catch at the show and needed to meet up with them and get the additional money. I can handle little errors, but after time, they add up and P3 has helped catch nearly every possible one at the shows.It catches minor mathematical errors, helps me recognize that my guest is close to earning a guest special and thus reminds me to offer it or upsell to help them get that item. It also lets me know if an item is out of stock so my guest is aware of any possible delays. It also helps me find item order number errors. It's even helped when a guest thought the price was different than it really was, thus giving us a different type of mathematical error.I think the P3 software is wonderful and I understand WHY the trend is to go web-based. It's easier to roll out updates, inventory information is real-time, etc. I just know that there are still folks out there that, believe it or not, are not wired to the internet, thus require an alternate solution that is not so cumbersome as going back to "'ole faithful - the paper method"

I can appreciate those who like the new web base tools but there are those of us who still like P3. There is so much more in P3 than just entering show information and I like the capability of being able to work off-line. I'm not sure why we cannot keep both and continue to choose which option works best for our business (?). It may be beneficial to contact the home office and express any concerns so they can make decisions based on consultant feedback.

tjbussey said:
I can appreciate those who like the new web base tools but there are those of us who still like P3. There is so much more in P3 than just entering show information and I like the capability of being able to work off-line. I'm not sure why we cannot keep both and continue to choose which option works best for our business (?). It may be beneficial to contact the home office and express any concerns so they can make decisions based on consultant feedback.
I totally agree....I love P3 and have no plans to get a smart phone and ask my hosts to log me into their wifi.

I just had such a horrible experience trying to use my iPad the other night at a show. Even with my phone as a hotspot it didn't work. I have been trying for2 days to individually add the newsletter to all my contacts and I have only been able to look at anything but the first page one time. Not very handy.

mspibb said:
I just had such a horrible experience trying to use my iPad the other night at a show. Even with my phone as a hotspot it didn't work. I have been trying for2 days to individually add the newsletter to all my contacts and I have only been able to look at anything but the first page one time. Not very handy.
I thought if you had an ipad or smartphone you didn't need internet access to use the app. I thought you are able to do everyone's orders and then sync with the internet later? I haven't used it yet so please correct if I'm wrong, that was a huge selling point for me!

mspibb said:
I was stumped by getting to the second and subsequent pages too. However, in my variety of attempts I clicked on the arrow for alphabetizing first names and low and behold suddenly the second page of names appeared. Haven't accidentally figured out how to go back a page. :(Anyone have suggestions or instructions?

According to tech support (on the question of seeing the rest of my contacts) "oh, you can't do that from the iPad, you have to do it o computer!" Then my consultant that signed at the end of July(who was using the catalog show I started for her as a host as her own first show) is trying to set up a new show for July on the beta site and we get "show date must be a future date!" I call tech support (Saturday) and am told we will need second level tech support and they won't be in until Monday! I had her go home and down load P3 and she was able to set up a July show and enter her $1000 worth of orders!

What is "Did I Miss Something? P3?"

"Did I Miss Something? P3" is a popular web series created by a group of friends who wanted to share their comedic sketches and parodies with the world.

Where can I watch "Did I Miss Something? P3?"

You can watch "Did I Miss Something? P3" on their official YouTube channel, P3 Productions. They also post updates and behind-the-scenes content on their social media pages.

Who are the creators of "Did I Miss Something? P3?"

The creators of "Did I Miss Something? P3" are a group of friends who met in college and bonded over their love for comedy and filmmaking. They are all involved in writing, directing, and acting in the series.

How often are new episodes of "Did I Miss Something? P3" released?

New episodes of "Did I Miss Something? P3" are released every other week on their YouTube channel. However, they occasionally release special episodes or sketches in between regular episodes.

Is "Did I Miss Something? P3" appropriate for all ages?

While "Did I Miss Something? P3" is a comedic series, some content may not be suitable for younger viewers. Viewer discretion is advised and parental guidance is recommended for children under the age of 13.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missymssy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
missymssy
  • Lexif424
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef