• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Perfect Chicken Ring: Tips & Tricks

In summary, there is a new host who has requested a chicken ring and the speaker has practiced with the florentine one. They are unsure about the correct way to use crescent rolls for the ring and are considering different chicken recipes such as chicken enchilada ring, chicken club ring, and lemon herb ring. They also mention the taco ring as a favorite and recommend searching for instructions on how to put together a ring in the files section. The All the Best cookbook is also recommended for photos and instructions on different types of rings. Finally, the speaker thanks everyone for their help and mentions that they have figured out the correct way to position the crescent rolls for the ring.
heatherstobbs
Gold Member
Alrighty... I am fairly new (4 cooking shows), and a host has requested one of the chicken rings. I have practiced with the florentine one, but I want to be sure that I am doing the crescent rolls the correct way:

Do the longest edges of the crescent rolls make the inside of the ring? I am asking b/c when I did it that way, I did not have a lot of the roll left to fold over the filling. Maybe I had too much filling...

And, these are the chicken recipes I have found...
chicken enchilada ring
chicken club ring
lemon herb ring

I would to give her two of these to choose from. Which of them are the easiest/quickest to put together? I don't want to do the florentine b/c I don't want to have to try to get all of the liquid out of the spinach in front of everyone.:yuck: Or, maybe I could do that ahead of time...

My favorite is the taco ring. The shortest side makes the inside of the ring. Imagine making a sun with the triangles.

oh I love the taco ring too! and ham broccoli, and chicken broccoli! As far as if you made it right, there is a file on here that shows how to put together a ring. Just search sandwich ring in the files section and check it out! it's really a fabulous visual!

Get the All the Best cookbook. There's a section on rings, wreaths and braids that has photos of the correct way to position the crescent rolls for each.

Like Alison mentioned think of a sun. The shortest sides make the centre, long sides heading TOWARD the outside, points hanging over the side. Fill and then bring the points in and over the filling to the centre of the stone, tucking under.

Previously chefann had mentioned doing it as a clock so that it all fits. Do the 12, 3, 6, and 9 and then between those with the remaining pieces.

THANK YOU ALL!!! I was doing it the opposite way with the longest piece on the inside. No wonder it was hard to fold over. I am searching the files as soon as I post this.

chefann said:
Get the All the Best cookbook. There's a section on rings, wreaths and braids that has photos of the correct way to position the crescent rolls for each.

I was just going to suggest the same thing. Great step-by-step photos for the crescent roll thingys.

:) Glad you figured it out and it worked for you Heather :)

1. How do I prevent the chicken ring from becoming dry?

To prevent the chicken ring from becoming dry, make sure to use enough marinade or sauce to keep the chicken moist. You can also add a small amount of water or chicken broth to the dish before baking to add moisture.

2. Can I use frozen chicken for the chicken ring?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for the chicken ring. Just make sure to thaw it completely before using it in the recipe. This will help the chicken cook evenly and prevent any food safety concerns.

3. What is the best way to season the chicken for the ring?

The best way to season the chicken for the ring is to use a combination of dry spices and herbs. You can also use a pre-made seasoning blend or a marinade to add flavor to the chicken. Be sure to season both sides of the chicken for optimal flavor.

4. How can I make sure the chicken ring stays in shape while baking?

To ensure the chicken ring stays in shape while baking, use a baking dish that is the appropriate size for the amount of chicken you are using. You can also use toothpicks to hold the chicken in place if needed. Lastly, make sure to press the ends of the chicken together to seal the ring before baking.

5. Can I use different fillings for the chicken ring?

Yes, you can use different fillings for the chicken ring. Some popular options include cheese, vegetables, and different types of meats. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if using different types of fillings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SarahT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • pamperedchef88
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Forch926
Replies