1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Did I do it right?

1. heatherstobbs

heatherstobbs Gold Member

Alrighty... I am fairly new (4 cooking shows), and a host has requested one of the chicken rings. I have practiced with the florentine one, but I want to be sure that I am doing the crescent rolls the correct way:

Do the longest edges of the crescent rolls make the inside of the ring? I am asking b/c when I did it that way, I did not have a lot of the roll left to fold over the filling. Maybe I had too much filling...

And, these are the chicken recipes I have found...
    chicken enchilada ring
    chicken club ring
    lemon herb ring

I would to give her two of these to choose from. Which of them are the easiest/quickest to put together? I don't want to do the florentine b/c I don't want to have to try to get all of the liquid out of the spinach in front of everyone.:yuck: Or, maybe I could do that ahead of time...

2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

My favorite is the taco ring. The shortest side makes the inside of the ring. Imagine making a sun with the triangles.

May 4, 2009
  3. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

oh I love the taco ring too! and ham broccoli, and chicken broccoli! As far as if you made it right, there is a file on here that shows how to put together a ring. Just search sandwich ring in the files section and check it out! it's really a fabulous visual!

May 5, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Get the All the Best cookbook. There's a section on rings, wreaths and braids that has photos of the correct way to position the crescent rolls for each.

May 5, 2009
  5. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Like Alison mentioned think of a sun. The shortest sides make the centre, long sides heading TOWARD the outside, points hanging over the side. Fill and then bring the points in and over the filling to the centre of the stone, tucking under.

Previously chefann had mentioned doing it as a clock so that it all fits. Do the 12, 3, 6, and 9 and then between those with the remaining pieces.

May 5, 2009
  6. heatherstobbs

heatherstobbs Gold Member

THANK YOU ALL!!! I was doing it the opposite way with the longest piece on the inside. No wonder it was hard to fold over. I am searching the files as soon as I post this.

7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I was just going to suggest the same thing. Great step-by-step photos for the crescent roll thingys.

May 5, 2009
  8. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

:) Glad you figured it out and it worked for you Heather :)

May 5, 2009
Have something to add?