• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FedEx as New Delivery Vendor: What We Know So Far

In summary, FedEx is our new delivery vendor. Some people are disappointed because they think shipping prices will increase. There is no mention of shipping prices on the sheet that was posted, so it is just speculation at this point.
I too will miss my Brownie with nuts!!!
It is not my joke, but I still find it funny!!!! My UPS man knows I have 3 boys, so when he saw the giant shipment from Toys R Us (they can read now, can't they use plain boxes during the holidays?) came, he put them on the side of the house and rang the bell. The boys went running to the door as always and when I opened the door, he gave me the nod as to where they were. Such a nice guy.

In a former life, I was in mortgage banking and it was really nice when someone sent a thank you letter to my boss saying what a great job I had done. They ALL stayed in my permanent file. So now, if someone goes upand above the call of duty, I always write a letter on their behalf. I will do this for my brownie with nuts!!!

pcleah said:
I too will miss my Brownie with nuts!!!

ROFLMAOPIMP
That is hillarious!!!
I was just telling my mom about this, and realized, that my UPS man would honk when he got here, because I have 2 boxers that would make it to the door before me.
Wait for me to come out and then give me my boxes.
And on another occassion, the UPS man wanted to "meet" my boxers so that they wouldn't bark so much.
My men were so sweet!!!!
I hope I get a nice FedEx man.
Just gotta find a nick name for him

Me Too!!
gilliandanielle said:
I am going to miss Mr. Brown so much :(

The FedEx guy doesn't even greet me when I open the door. "Is this yours?" and shoving the package in my face is the best I get!!

That is so funny Gillian. My UPS guy is the same way. :p
I have actually had him bang on my door so loud he woke up my one year old from a nap. Then he just left the box at the door and took off.
I think they are very stressed and must be on a very strict and rigid schedule but why should be have to suffer for it?
I usually see his back after he just tosses my boxes on the ground and runs off. I hope FedEx is better with customer service. It would be nice to get to know people on your route. Especially if you see them alot. Like us PC ladies.
Debbie :D

I got an email today announcing this. Did anyone else get it?

PamperChefCarol said:
I got an email today announcing this. Did anyone else get it?

Yes, there's another thread about the email.......

I have met my ups man a few times but he usually knocks and runs but I have been very happy with ups I dont mind the 8 oclock delivery time since my ups driver would always deliver between 6 and 6:30

I had never dealt w/ FedEx until the week before Christmas. I had ordered some Robeez and DRMY stuff and both came FedEx. The FedEx person was more friendly than our craby UPS man and they come way earlier. Our UPS man is so unpredictable. FedEx shipments to my house was also quicker in both cases. So I am one of the few happy ones. Plus, I order off line all the time so I am sure I will still get to see our crabby old UPS man...

I am so irked by this change. I absolutely LOVE my UPS man. He comes every single day at 12:30, knocks once, as quietly as he can (because my beagle goes nuts when he hears someone at the door), and leaves my stuff at the door. If I know I'm going to be away, I let him know, and he leaves my stuff at our management office. He's terrific. (Actually, we have GREAT UPS service in Northern Virginia, in my experience in a wide variety of neighborhoods, for which I consider myself lucky.)FedEx couldn't care less if I'm home or not-- he just takes everything to our management office and leaves a sticky on the door. And I'm on the first floor! So inconvenient. Customer Service is NOT a priority for them.I do wonder what the Kinko's pricing will be, because I noticed that the cheap pricing we had for color copies at Office Depot (.17/copy) ended at the end of the year. Now it's back up to .39/copy... hope Kinko's will be cheap!

I forgot that my local Fedex guy frequents my in-laws' business. I saw him there yesterday & told him I was going to be seeing more of him. He said "oh is PC busy around here?" I said "well yeah I'm the PC lady!" I told him I'd be keeping him busy, & he seemed excited. I feel better now that I realize I know who the delivery person will be. Plus, he said he tries to have deliveries done in my town by 10am~that will be nice:)

I have a friend that works for UPS and she said all of their contracts were up for renegotiations. They are going to raise the rates quite a bit to cover the costs.

I hope our rates don't go up too much with Fed Ex.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kay Alderfer
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • pamperedlinda