• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

FedEx as New Delivery Vendor: What We Know So Far

In summary, FedEx is our new delivery vendor. Some people are disappointed because they think shipping prices will increase. There is no mention of shipping prices on the sheet that was posted, so it is just speculation at this point.
ShanaSmith
Silver Member
Did anyone notice the link on CC this morning that says that Fedex is our new delivery vendor? The link doesn't work, but I bet that is going to be anounced at leadership. Personally I am disappointed, I have a great ups man.

See the thread "I think I know" under Leadership 2007 to see the long discussion about it:)

ok, um, it's gone now!

It's still there and I was able to click on it and read a Q and A form. It says nothing about shipping prices increasing, just questions about how FedEx will differ from UPS.

I HATE Fedex for here. You never know when they will deliver here and UPS delivers here by lunch. UH!!! I will not like this change at all! Unless it gets better, I think things will get worse with them being our shipper.

And if our shipping cost goes up that is going to be a bad affect I have people that do small orders complain about the shipping now as it is.

I hope we do not do like Southern Living does and it is a certain percentage of the order b/c that it awful! Wit

Last edited:
Copy & Paste Please
pamperedbecky said:
It's still there and I was able to click on it and read a Q and A form. It says nothing about shipping prices increasing, just questions about how FedEx will differ from UPS.

Becky,

Could you please copy and paste what you are seeing? I get a "This page has either been moved or no longer exists" message when I click on it.

Thanks!

Yes, please Becky? :D

let me crop it and such and then try to upload it, hold on!

here ya go...

Attachments

• fedex.jpg
    fedex.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 510
ooohhhh...... what's taking so long???? (Just kidding)

I also got the "This page has been moved or removed" message when I tried the link, so info would be appreciated. THANKS!

Here's the informationi was able to click on the link and this is what I got!!

Attachments

• aboutfedex.pdf
    633.7 KB · Views: 2,794
wow - no one else was able to get that!!

yeah, i'm just waiting for the PC police to come and arrest me for having access to new information that hasn't been released yet!

Thanks!!! :D

haha...okay so after reading it, it doesn't seem too bad! no price inflations, for now...that we know of...but i just wish I had a kinko's near me!

but would it tell us on that informational sheet about fed ex if there was going to be a shipping increase? Isn't that just PC and not really related to Fed Ex?

mandydollie said:
yeah, i'm just waiting for the PC police to come and arrest me for having access to new information that hasn't been released yet!

I hear the sirens now. As long as they will let your one phne call be a visit to this website we will post your bail!!!

Thanks Jennifer... I knew that I could count on fellow cheffers to bail me out... I can see it now.. Cheffers from all over the world arriving via fed ex trucks!!!!

The sheet was informative, but does not sound any different procedures than UPS. Except with UPS I can call the morning the shipment comes to the local offices and change where the pakcage goes but I doubt I can call FedEx and do that. Plus, the nearest Fedex office is 90 miles away. The closes drop place for me is 30 minutes away and it is just that a drop BOX. I will have to have pick-ups just like UPS.

So, it does NOT make anything more convenient for me! Makes it worse b/c they do not deliver until late here.

I do like the Saturday deliveries, but I have never seen them delivery here on Saturdays.

Guess we will see. I just hope the shipping does not go up!

same with me... and i was able to track a package online or by email alert with UPS..nothing new!!

yeah, if shipping goes up, I'm tempted to hijack a fed ex truck... ha ha

I just talked w/ my dir. & she said they did this before but the consultant's complained so much that they went back to ups the next year. I was laughing about the kinko's because there is not one kinkos within a hundred miles of us. We will see what happens.

I was pretty excited about the kinkos thing--I made quite a few copies at one before doing BRU one month. I have a wedding expo at the end of this month, so I'll need to go make more copies for my drawing slips.

pamperedalf said:
I just talked w/ my dir. & she said they did this before but the consultant's complained so much that they went back to ups the next year. I was laughing about the kinko's because there is not one kinkos within a hundred miles of us. We will see what happens.
The closest one to me is 35 miles away. Good thing we can choose to have them come to us or our host for pick-up. I would be hopping mad if they have to take returns somewhere! Talk about an inconvenience!

I'm almost sorry I read this. I cannot imagine that I have received my last delivery from our great UPS delivery person. They have been delivering within 48 hours of being shipped, to my home, so dependably. I hope FEDEX
can do as well. Note they will not be delivering to homes on Mondays. Isn't that a bit crazy. I sure don't want packages delivered to my home on Saturdays during summer weekends when we are frequently away. How about you? Does the Saturday delivery advantage outweigh our not having deliveries on Mondays? I am not happy with this change, and we don't even know if it will be reflected in pricing, yet!

It did not even register with me that they do not delivery on Monday!! That is weird!! I see Fedex trucks around here on Monday. What's that about?

Thanks for sharing... Now I have to call my brother- n- law, he works for FedEx LOL:D

Isn't it wonderful finding out something before it is announced!! I am getting to know a little of what you people that go to conference feel like!! ha!:D

YUCK! Our Fed-Ex Service is so terrible that I have gotten to the point where I will cancel an order for something if I find out that it's going to be shipped Fed Ex! This news makes me physically ill!

Fex ex has all the same issues that UPS does. Hopefully they'll treat our account with some importance, but I can say that they used to handle the pharmacy's shipments that I worked at, and we always had lost boxes, things left places, things smashed etc. and we were a HUGE account. our branch did over 1000 boxes a day and there were over 20 branches!

so, time will tell........

Oh man, I got a new delivery guy a few months ago....was just getting to know him:rolleyes: I've been really happy with UPS...we'll see!

I am excited about the change!Hi all!

I must write that I am excited about the change. While I did not have problems with my UPS shipments, I have read so many posts about the treatment of deliveries. Boxes have been busted, left in the rain, delivered to the wrong address.

I am realistic that these same issues could happen with FedEx, but I am very happy Pampered Chef is giving them the chance to shine and impress our customers!

Lisa

Last edited:
I am going to miss Mr. Brown so much :(

The FedEx guy doesn't even greet me when I open the door. "Is this yours?" and shoving the package in my face is the best I get!!

Oh, I'm so sad right now! My UPS guy is so wonderful! When I won my shopping spree last summer he asked my daughter if we had a dock (LOL)! I'm sure he probably already knows they lost this contract. I haven't seen him lately so he hasn't said anything to me.

I live so close to the HO that I get my boxes the next day right now w/UPS. I wonder how long it will take w/Fed Ex??? If it takes longer I will be the first to complain!

I just hope they don't increase rates. Maybe that is why they made the change. Maybe the pricing was better. I guess we will find out soon since the cost will be on the new order forms.

I guess I can still look forward to the UPS man delivering my QVC orders (LOL).

I am with the other girls here too!
I loved my old UPS guy, and when I moved over the summer, I got to meet my new guy. He is really nice!
When FedEx would deliver, he was very cold, fast, and just not friendly at all.
This really stinks!!!!
PS, I just got the email from HO regarding this.

Just got an email from HO announcing FedEx as the new shipper....guess the info got out sooner than they wanted and they decided to go ahead and let the cat out.:D

I like Fed Ex ... being two hours from Memphis (their headquarters) almost makes deliveries overnight to me for a ground price.

They sent out an email today which everyone should be receiving - OMG - I hope Marla and Jean know what they're taking on. FedEx has not been good to me. They are definitely easier to "ship" with, but their dependability has been an issue to me.

Their shipping bid must have been considerably cheaper. Careful, Marla and Jean...grandma always told me you get what you pay for.

But their tracking numbers often don't clear out of a previous shipment, so you click it and find your package is going somewhere strange, with a PAST delivery date, and it's pretty weird figuring it out until it trickles through the system. Eventually it works, though.

Hey - it'll be an adventure. This is the year for "who'da thunk it? ! "

To answer someones question about seeing Fedex trucks on Mondays, they
do deliver to businesses Mon - Fri, and residential Tues thru Sat., according to one of the links that an earlier person posted, and I read. They also deliver as late at 8PM, and that does not set well with me either. We are often out evenings and I imagine most of us do our Shows during the evening.
I'd hate to have a delivery setting outside when I came home from my Shows.
With daytime delivery, UPS even carries my cartons inside and sets them on
top of my SPA where I do my sorting and bagging. During the final seven days before Christmas, I had two deliveries, on consecutive days. My guy is so dependably here between 11:30 and noon, that we had soup ready for him and his partner to take along. He was so grateful because they were doing relay deliveries that week. No stops for lunch. Empty the truck they started with, and meet another full truck; empty that one, and meet a second/third truck to deliver before returning to Distribution Center. The two hot lunches and some homemade treats were a simple way to thank him for the great service this year. I will miss him.

I didn't notice that it was Tues through Saturday!! I thought we had an extra shipping day! Bummer...

No cat out of the bag
Tara1021 said:
Just got an email from HO announcing FedEx as the new shipper....guess the info got out sooner than they wanted and they decided to go ahead and let the cat out.:D

This was a planned announcement. :) Director's found out this morning in an email about the change. (yet, another perk of promoting) This email asked us not to announce this change to our teams as there would be an official email later today.

Guess we will see the differences between UPS and FedEx! :D Doesn't matter to me as long as I get my packages on time! UPS got so backed up because of that snow storm in Denver, CO that my last host JUST got her show which I sent in on December 14! :eek: So much for Christmas delivery...but I guess you can't control the weather!!! At least my 6 hosts whose Christmas deliveries didn't make it were wonderful about it!

Well, maybe FedEX will be training happier, more friendly employees now that they're getting a huge account like PC:)
I just hope our shipping doesn't change...

fruit76loop said:
UPS got so backed up because of that snow storm in Denver, CO that my last host JUST got her show which I sent in on December 14! :eek: So much for Christmas delivery...but I guess you can't control the weather!!! At least my 6 hosts whose Christmas deliveries didn't make it were wonderful about it!

Even the "Christmas Delivery Guarantee" excludes acts of nature like the weather.

I am soooooooo upset! I LOVE my UPS guy! My neighbors and I have this secret/funny/make believe affair going on with him. The funny thing is that he knows it and flirts right back- what am I going to do now for entertainment!!!

I just don't know what to say. I wonder if UPS tried to raise their rates?

That's what I am wondering... if it was contract time with them or something and they were going to raise rates... I've not been totally impressed with their tracking system and they use different drivers for us on different days so I never know what time my deliveries will be... my Fed Ex people are always just as kind as the UPS guys and the gifts we ordered in Dec. that came FedEx came quicker than the UPS ones... The one UPS guy pulled a fast on on me in Dec.... I had just driven up and he had two PC Boxes on top of one another and he plopped them down together outside and asked if that was okay since I was there... What he FAILED TO INFORM ME OF... was that the box on the bottom was wide open!!! I was SO mad at him and he high tailed it away too. My more regular guy had a smashed up box once and actually stayed and asked me to open it which I appreciated. SO... I guess for me, I have to wonder if there was a problem with negotiating rates and I am certain it couldn't have been easy for them to decide to make such a huge change.

terryteach said:
I am soooooooo upset! I LOVE my UPS guy! My neighbors and I have this secret/funny/make believe affair going on with him. The funny thing is that he knows it and flirts right back- what am I going to do now for entertainment!!!

YOU are having an affair with him TOO! He told me I was the only one! Actually we have the same kinda joke, then one day I gave him some cookies and he kissed me on the cheek. The funny part is that my husband was sitting in his car across the street waiting for the trunk to leave so he could pull into the driveway. He didn't see it though, but my 3 year old always asks me if the man kissed me again. I'm gonna miss that man in brown!

chefann said:
Even the "Christmas Delivery Guarantee" excludes acts of nature like the weather.

I know that the guarantee excludes weather as I am sure most everyone does. I was just making conversation about UPS being backed up versus FedEx. My friend is a Tastefully Simple Rep, which uses FedEx and even though her shows didn't make it for Christmas, they made it on Dec 26 instead of my shows via UPS that didn't make it until Dec 29-Jan 3. And all of these orders were stuck in Denver. So, maybe FedEx will be better! Let's keep our fingers crossed!!:D :D :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kay Alderfer
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • pamperedlinda