• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Double Boiler Diameter: Ensuring Compatibility with Your Pots

In summary, the diameter of the double boiler is 22 inches at the widest part which goes in the pot. It fits our 3 Qt Executive with a little bit of wiggle room, so she can probably go as high as 23" inside diameter for her pot. How she's going to measure the inside of the pot, I don't know. I just tried with ours, and it didn't work. Maybe if I had another pair of hands, or some way to clip the measuring tape to the pot (Twixits! don't work).Sarah dear. What on earth are you measuring?? A 2-foot double boiler? That's a baby's bathtub! LOL
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I've read the threads about the double boiler working on pots that aren't PC, but I have a customer that wants to know what the diameter is (to make sure that her pots will work).
Can anyone who has this help me out? The Use & Care guides don't include this info...

THANKS!

The diameter is 22 inches at the widest part which goes in the pot. It fits our 3 Qt Executive with a little bit of wiggle room, so she can probably go as high as 23" inside diameter for her pot. How she's going to measure the inside of the pot, I don't know. I just tried with ours, and it didn't work. Maybe if I had another pair of hands, or some way to clip the measuring tape to the pot (Twixits! don't work).

Sarah dear. What on earth are you measuring?? a 2-foot double boiler? That's a baby's bathtub! LOLThe Double Boiler I have from PC (page 25 of the first summer catalog) only measures about 7" across in diameter at the top - with the lip of the edge- it's about 9". So any saucepan between 7-9" across would fit. Usually 3-4qt size pans. (Those are the ones I use it with.)

I measured around the bowl, not across. Ok, I measured the circumference. haha:D:love:

LOL. Ok- that makes more sense. *psst - I have days like that too! One too many brain-cells on holiday!*

Thanks SO much - you guys are awesome!

esavvymom said:
LOL. Ok- that makes more sense. *psst - I have days like that too! One too many brain-cells on holiday!*

Yeah, but at 45, I at least get to blame it on "senior moments!" haha.

pampchefsarah said:
Yeah, but at 45, I at least get to blame it on "senior moments!" haha.

I blame it on kids. :) (two boys no less!)

My blaming it on kids doesn't make it any better, since they're 20 & 15 (so, I'm still old!).

To prove it (sorry to hijack the thread), on Saturday I had an event, and went to my Director's house to borrow some items. I have been there a hundred times (because I love her sooo much!:love::love::love:). Somehow, this time, though, I passed the little road you have to take to get to her driveway - even though, I had just been STARING at her house, so it's not like I didn't realize I was there yet.

On the way back, after the event, I passed the street to turn on to get out of town and go to her house - not once, but twice!! Then, I completely missed the turn onto her street (which is not the same as the road to get to her driveway). I had been watching for it, AND thinking about her at the time. I didn't just drive past it and go 'whoops,' I was well past it, looked at my daughter, and said "you're not going to believe this." Her response "what is WRONG with you today?" My response "I don't know!"

In our 40s we're too YOUNG to have senior moments. I blame the blonde streaks! Like my sister likes to say to her daughter, "Think with the brown roots."

Di_Can_Cook said:
In our 40s we're too YOUNG to have senior moments. I blame the blonde streaks! Like my sister likes to say to her daughter, "Think with the brown roots."

LOL . I like that.

1. What is the diameter of the double boiler?

The diameter of our double boiler is 8 inches.

2. Can the diameter of the double boiler be adjusted?

No, the diameter of our double boiler is fixed at 8 inches.

3. Will the double boiler fit on all stovetops?

Yes, the diameter of our double boiler is compatible with most stovetops.

4. Is the diameter of the double boiler measured from the inner or outer edge?

The diameter is measured from the inner edge of the double boiler.

5. Can I use a larger pot as the bottom of the double boiler?

Yes, as long as the larger pot has a diameter of at least 8 inches to properly fit the double boiler insert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies