• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe for Type 1 Diabetic Child

I had that with both kids...start charting your foods when you eat and test to see what your triggers are. I found out that while having gestational diabetes, sugar wasn't my problem, carbohydrates were. By finding those "trigger" foods, I was able to keep my sugar levels in check and enjoy a soda or candy bar!
lockhartkitchen
My 13 year son was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Does anyone have a good tasting sugar free pumpkin pie recipe and ideas for Thanksgiving foods?

Can't say I've tried it, but this one from the American Diabetes Association looks like it 'd be good, with the graham cracker crust.

It has about half the sugars of the http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=18470# (click on the nutritional info button for a pop-up).

I PM'd you. My husband is a Type 1 Diabetic and I'm a Type 2 Diabetic. We belong to our church's Diabetic Support Group. Yesterday when we met, we got some great hints and recipes that make Thanksgiving more manageable for diabetics. I have attachments I can send you.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

My mom makes normal recipe but uses splenda instead of sugar ...she may also get a no sugar added pumpkin filling too.

Trish1953 said:
I PM'd you. My husband is a Type 1 Diabetic and I'm a Type 2 Diabetic. We belong to our church's Diabetic Support Group. Yesterday when we met, we got some great hints and recipes that make Thanksgiving more manageable for diabetics. I have attachments I can send you.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant
Could you forward that information to me too. I was just diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and I don't know how I am going to get through the holidays. My email is [email protected]:)

kmschroll2001 said:
Could you forward that information to me too. I was just diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and I don't know how I am going to get through the holidays. My email is [email protected]:)

I had that with both kids...start charting your foods when you eat and test to see what your triggers are. I found out that while having gestational diabetes, sugar wasn't my problem, carbohydrates were. By finding those "trigger" foods, I was able to keep my sugar levels in check and enjoy a soda or candy bar! :)

What ingredients do I need for the sugar-free pumpkin pie recipe?

The ingredients you will need are 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 cup of milk, 1 egg, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/4 cup of sugar-free sweetener.

Can I substitute the sugar-free sweetener with regular sugar?

Yes, you can substitute the sugar-free sweetener with 1/4 cup of regular sugar. This will change the nutritional information and may not be suitable for a diabetic child.

How can I make the pie crust sugar-free?

You can make the pie crust sugar-free by using a low-carb almond flour crust or a coconut flour crust. You can also use a pre-made sugar-free crust from a health food store.

Can I freeze the pie for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the pie before or after baking. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. When ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight.

What is the nutritional information for this sugar-free pumpkin pie?

One serving of this sugar-free pumpkin pie (1/8 of the pie) contains approximately 150 calories, 12g of carbohydrates, 9g of fat, and 4g of protein. It is also a good source of vitamin A and calcium.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Poll
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom