• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Diabetic-Friendly Dessert Recipes Needed!

This recipe will be a little more expensive, but that is what your host asked for. But rememeber, fruits have natural sugars that still may raise the blood sugar level.
dianevill
Gold Member
I have an August host who has requested that I prepare two dessert recipes. Normally, not a problem (I LOVE desserts!), but she wants two diabetic recipes. :eek: Do any of you know of any PC dessert recipes designed for diabetics, or have any of you successfully modified any recipes for diabetics? Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you!
Diane

Well you could go and make sugar free icecream sandwhiches with the ice cream sandwhich maker. use sugar free cookies and sugar free icecream. My husband is diabetic and i make hime a strawberry cake out of a premade angel food cake, you can get them with no sugar added, cut it in half with the serrated bread knife. get whipping cream from the dairy section and whip it in either the stainlessbowls or the batter bowls with the whisk. While mixing it, you will need to add some equal or something like that with the measuring spoons, to actually give it a taste. Sslice strawberries with the eggslicer. mix strawberries and strawberry glaze (found in you produce section also sugar free) in the small batter bowl. Put strawberrie mix between the slices of the cake. use spreader to cover cake with the whipping cream. Decorate with left over strawberries and garnish with lemon rinds or something like that. it is very good. These recipes will be a little more expensive, but that is what your host asked for. But rememeber, fruits have natural sugars that still may raise the blood sugar level. hope this helped if not, sorry.

Thank you!Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to pass along both recipes to see if either/both sound good to her. I do the ice cream sandwich torte a lot, so that would be an easy one to convert. Thanks again! :D

This was hard for me too. One of my first shows was for a diabetic couple. I made up a boxed angelfood cake in the spring form pan brogut it to the show already prepared as it takes 45 min to bake. At the show let the guest see it in the pan and talk about the pan, reliece it and slice the cake into good size hunks wit the bread knife. With some fresh ripe strawberries, chop up a bunch with the food chopper and let set with a touch of splenda. then slice up a few srawberry fans with the egg slicer. Put two slices of angelfood cake offset, but laying on eachother drizzle the strawberry syrup mixture over the cake, sprinkle sliced almonds on top, drizzle with just alittle chocolate top with strawberry fan and place a sprig of mint next to the strawberry fan. Looks spectaular and is really yummy. Of coures you could leave out the chocolate and the splenda, but eaten in moderation with a good diet should be ok.
Hope that helps
Jenny

Diabetic RecipeHi there

I made the Ice Cream Sandwich Torte

I used sugar free ice cream sandwiches, sugar free cookies and sugar free pudding, I then used dream whip with splenda added, I didn't say it was sugar free to the guests, because I didn't want them to automatically think it wouldn't taste good. :eek:

Once they were eating it, I asked them if they liked it, and of course they LOVED IT, then I told them they can have 2nd's because it wasn't killing their diets. :D

Last edited:

1. What are some common substitutes for sugar in diabetic-friendly dessert recipes?

In diabetic-friendly dessert recipes, sugar can be substituted with natural sweeteners such as Stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit. These sweeteners have a low glycemic index and do not affect blood sugar levels as much as regular sugar.

2. Can I still use fruit in diabetic-friendly dessert recipes?

Yes, fruits can be used in moderation in diabetic-friendly dessert recipes. However, it is important to choose fruits with a lower glycemic index such as berries, apples, and citrus fruits. These fruits have a lower impact on blood sugar levels.

3. Are there any gluten-free options for diabetic-friendly desserts?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for diabetic-friendly desserts. Some examples include almond flour, coconut flour, or oat flour. These flours have a lower glycemic index and are suitable for those with diabetes.

4. Can I use artificial sweeteners in diabetic-friendly dessert recipes?

While artificial sweeteners may be low in calories, they can still affect blood sugar levels and may have other negative health effects. It is best to use natural sweeteners in moderation or opt for sugar-free recipes instead.

5. Can I make diabetic-friendly desserts without sacrificing flavor?

Absolutely! There are many delicious and flavorful diabetic-friendly dessert recipes available. By using natural sweeteners and choosing lower glycemic index ingredients, you can still enjoy tasty desserts without compromising your health. Adding spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla can also enhance the flavor of your desserts without adding extra sugar.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vgmontes
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pixel-_
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies