• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Diabetic Dessert Recipe Ideas for Tomorrow's Show?

This recipe is for a Flourless Chocolate Cake. The recipe calls for 5 egg whites, 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped, 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa, 1/2 cup ground walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts, 1/2 cup SPLENDA Granular Sweetener, 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, 1/2 cup egg substitute, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Directions call for preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spraying a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Once preheated, the recipe instructs to beat egg whites until stiff glossy peaks form, then to microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 1
lilscrapmama
Hello, my host for TOMORROWS show, now wants to have something her mom to try out, & she's diabetic.
I was thinking of just making the AWESOME WW Cake that I LOVE that consists of ONLY a can of diet whatever (I like it w/ cherry coke, or dr. pepper berries n cream) and then cake mix only...
Do you think this would work in the bunt microwave way?
I really wanted to do the german cake in the micro tomorrow...but want looks like i need to change that recipe to be more diabetic friendly.
Does anyone have any other recieps or willl the WW one work in micro?
:confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Seriously...??? NO one has not even 1 idea for a diabetic recipe???:(
well I guess I will just make the WW cake in the 9x13 pan & not do the fluted pan... I dont know how well just a diet dr pepper & cake mix will do in that pan?

You can do this in the microwave I think for 12-14 minutes depending on the microwave.

I don't have any ideas for you; I posted this once before and didn't get any response either. It ended up that the diabetic guest just didn't eat the dessert. I think the problem w/ the WW cake (which I love by the way) is that it isn't really diabetic friendly, it's more fat/cholesterol friendly. If you make it the way the recipe calls for, you're not really adding sugar anyway - just oil, eggs and water.

The cake mix itself has a lot of sugar - in the yellow cake mix box I just looked at it's 21 g sugar per serving. I think that's the problem.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you, though...

Have you done a search for diabetic recipes on here? I think there is a posting that I have seen before not too long ago.

Cinnamon Swirl Coffee CakeOK, I checked out splenda.com, and this looks like a do-able and yummy recipe. It would have to bake for 50-60 minutes, so I'd start it ahead of time and just talk about how it was made.

It got good reviews (well, 2!), but I personally haven't tried it (I might for breakfast tomorrow - it sounds good!). Also, I tried to Pampered Chef-ise it for you (that is, sub the tools they use with our tools, but you could definitely use other tools that aren't mentioned - measuring spoons/scoop, Measure-All, Easy Read Measuring Cups).
Hope this helps!

Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake

Cake Batter:
3 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 1/3 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 egg
1/4 cup egg substitute
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups light sour cream, divided
Filling:
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray fluted stoneware pan with cooking spray. Set aside.

Sift cake flour, baking powder, and baking soda into Small Stainless Steel Bowl; set aside. In large Stainless Steel Bowl, whisk the butter until creamyr. Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and egg. Mix with Classic Mix 'n Scraper until smooth. Add the egg substitute and vanilla. Mix briefly to incorporate. Add applesauce and half of the sour cream. Mix until smooth. Add the sifted flour mixture and mix until smooth. Add remaining sour cream and blend just until incorporated and batter is uniform. Set aside.

Make Filling: Place 1/4 of cake batter in a small batter bowl. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.

Place 1/2 of the remaining cake batter into prepared pan. Top with filling. Swirl with knife. Top with remaining batter.

Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Note
Exchanges per Serving: 2 Starches, 1 Fat

I am a new to PC and closing my first book party Monday. Anyways, I have a friend who can not eat gluten either and I just found this recipe which is also good for those with diabetes. I haven't tried it yet, but she works with me on Monday so thinking I may try it tomorrow night. Found it on DLife.com for diabetics. I am sure you can adjust directions for PC tools easily enough :) Good Luck!

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
Butter-flavored cooking spray
5 egg whites
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup ground walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts
1/2 cup SPLENDA Granular
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.

3. In a bowl of electric mixer, beat egg whites on high until stiff glossy peaks form.

4. Microwave chocolate in microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.

5. Scrape into a mixing bowl. Stir in cocoa, nuts, SPLENDA Granular, sour cream, egg substitute, and vanilla extract. With spatula, fold in egg whites.

6. Spoon batter into prepared pan and gently smooth top. Bake for 30 minutes and cool.

7. Loosen edges of pan and remove cake. Cake will deflate. Serve with scoop of sugar-free ice cream.

Perfect for people who can’t tolerate wheat. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or simply dust with icing sugar.

Sounds pretty good!

Thank you Harriet, now I have several for my friend. I have made the pb cookies before and she loved them.

1. What are some diabetic-friendly dessert options?

Some diabetic-friendly dessert options include fruit-based desserts like baked apples or berries with whipped cream, sugar-free Jello or pudding, and desserts made with alternative sweeteners like stevia or erythritol.

2. Can I substitute regular sugar for alternative sweeteners in diabetic desserts?

Yes, you can substitute regular sugar for alternative sweeteners like stevia or erythritol in most diabetic dessert recipes. Just be sure to follow the recommended conversion measurements provided by the sweetener brand.

3. Are there any diabetic dessert recipes that don't require baking?

Yes, there are many no-bake diabetic dessert recipes available. Some options include sugar-free cheesecake, chocolate mousse, or frozen yogurt popsicles using alternative sweeteners.

4. Can I use all-purpose flour in diabetic dessert recipes?

While all-purpose flour can be used in diabetic dessert recipes, it is recommended to use whole wheat flour or almond flour as they have a lower glycemic index and are better for blood sugar control.

5. Are there any sugar-free alternatives for frosting or glazes?

Yes, there are many sugar-free frosting and glaze options available. Some popular options include using whipped cream, cream cheese, or Greek yogurt sweetened with alternative sweeteners, or making a glaze with sugar-free jam or fruit puree.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KristyH