• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What dessert pairs well with Mexican Lasagna?

in summary, the new consultant kit includes a recipe book with many recipes for different themes. One of the recipes is a Mexican chocolate cake that is easy and good.
Lifeat50
I am making Mexican Lasagna for a show on Monday. The host wants to make a dessert also. What dessert would you suggest using the new consultant kit? She will make the dessert before the show.

I would probably make something really simple - like Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue w/ strawberries and pretzels...or the Sprinkles Dips with pretzels and apples.

The Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip would be good, too. But I'd add cinnamon to it (or the cinnamon sprinkles), just to make it a little more "Mexican." That recipe should be on CC with the SBRC recipes.

When I was to bring a dessert to a Mexican themed Cluster meeting, I looked in the recipe section on CC and found a Mexican Chocolate Cake. It was very good and easy. It's found in the Fall/Winter '07 SB that is viewable on CC. Here it is in case you're interested:The Pampered Chef ®
Mexican Chocolate Cake
Recipe 1/4 cup sliced almonds
3 eggs
1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
2 teaspoons Korintje Cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided Brush Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Chop almonds using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add almonds, cake mix, 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon; mix until well blended using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Pour batter into pan; spread evenly using Small Spreader.Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Let stand in microwave 10 minutes. Remove pan from microwave to Stackable Cooling Rack. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto Large Round Platter. Cool slightly.Combine remaining cinnamon and sugar in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over cake. Place remaining chocolate morsels and 1 cup of the whipped topping into Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Drizzle glaze over cake. Serve warm with remaining whipped topping.Yield: 12 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 410 mg, Fiber 2 gCook's Tip: If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate the pan after 7 minutes of cooking. To bake cake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 325°F. Bake 50-55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Proceed as recipe directs. Shopping List
1/4 cup sliced almonds
3 eggs
1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
2 teaspoons Korintje Cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

Thank you for the replies!

A girl in our cluster has been doing the Molten Lava Cake, in the rice cooker plus, with this recipe.
Its simple and quick.

HTH-
Kelly V.

What is the recipe for Dessert with Mexican Lasagna?

The recipe for Dessert with Mexican Lasagna is as follows:

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract until smooth.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
  4. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  5. Place a layer of flour tortillas on top of the cream cheese mixture, overlapping as needed.
  6. Spread the pumpkin mixture on top of the tortillas.
  7. Add another layer of tortillas, followed by a layer of the cream cheese mixture.
  8. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of cream cheese mixture on top.
  9. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
  10. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Can I make this dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dessert ahead of time. Simply follow the recipe and cover the baking dish with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to adjust the baking time slightly if the dish is cold from the refrigerator.

Can I use a different type of cheese instead of cream cheese?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese in this recipe. However, cream cheese works best for this dessert as it provides a creamy and slightly tangy flavor that complements the pumpkin well. You can try substituting with mascarpone cheese or a combination of ricotta and sour cream.

What can I serve with Dessert with Mexican Lasagna?

Dessert with Mexican Lasagna pairs well with a variety of toppings and sides. Some suggestions include whipped cream, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. You can also serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious and indulgent treat.

Can I make this dessert gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this dessert gluten-free by using gluten-free flour tortillas. You can also substitute the flour tortillas with corn tortillas for a more traditional Mexican flavor. However, be sure to check all other ingredients for any potential sources of gluten.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
Replies
Views
pclady213
  • katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies