• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Dessert Show for 15 People - What Do You Think?

In summary, the dessert show host was looking for an easy dessert that people would want to book off of. She came up with the idea of using cake in the DCB microwave. She recommends the Chocolate Velvet cake with Strawberries. Another option is the Molten Lava Cake. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for those days when the kids come home.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have a host who since we can't find a weekend day to have a show she wants me to do some kind of dessert type show, but she wants something quick and easy. Here is what I was thinking.

Make cake in DCB in microwave
Have Vanilla ice cream - people can use the ice cream dipper
have the dessert sauces out with the petite bamboo spoons
I have some of the Sweet Sprinkles that I would put out as well

What do you think of that idea? Also..she said that she normally gets about 15 people..will that be enough for that many people?

I have been doing this for quite a few years..but my business has been self imposed lacking lately..so I don't do many shows..so I am looking for something fun..but that fits into her quick show that she is looking for. I would like it to be something where people want to book off of it..I need bookings.

you can start with choc martinis using the shaker and ice bucket, if you have them. (or just shake up a non alcoholic choc drink. Also use the microplane grater, and shave a chocolate kiss or semi sweet morsels over the ice cream. If you have any nut allergies, keep in mind that even the cinnamon sprinkles contains nuts! (You could also have strawberries and bananas - slice with the egg slicer.)and in regard to having enough, you are serving some dessert, not catering. Your host will fill in with whatever else is needed.

Taffy Apple Pizza. It's always a huge hit and feeds alot of people.

I do an "Ice Cream Show"...always a hit!!! Here's my show steps...

Attachments

• Ice Cream Show.doc
    35 KB · Views: 251
I just did a show with the Peanutty Brownie Pizza. It was a huge success and I will definately do it again! It uses a great amount of product and I only had 5 people at this show and the show was over $350.00! I first used this recipe in an Amazing Race show where I showed the Brownie Pizza and the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. I would definately do this theme show again. Everyone had a great time and the sales were over $1000.00. The Brownie Pizza goes great with icecream and you can use so many tools for toppings for the icecream.:love:

I emailed my host about doing the DCB cake and letting people try the sauces and such with it..making a little "sundae" for themselves..she loved the idea..and guarenteed that the DCB will fit in her microwave..since she has one and uses it in the microwave.

I'm glad you made it work for you! A cake in the DCB is a good option, especially with the special from HO right now. When I want to do a simple dessert show I usually do the Chocolate Velvet cake with Strawberries. Yum! Be sure to let us know how the party goes!

doughmama said:
you can start with choc martinis using the shaker and ice bucket, if you have them. (or just shake up a non alcoholic choc drink. Also use the microplane grater, and shave a chocolate kiss or semi sweet morsels over the ice cream. If you have any nut allergies, keep in mind that even the cinnamon sprinkles contains nuts! (You could also have strawberries and bananas - slice with the egg slicer.)

and in regard to having enough, you are serving some dessert, not catering. Your host will fill in with whatever else is needed.

I do love your idea about the bananas and strawberries idea..I think I might get some to have out as well. But I am not sure..because I did tell her that I would do a pineapple to show the wedger.

Here is a quick dessert for anyone that has the fluted stone

Stawberry cake mix, strawberry pie filling, sm can crushed pineapples drained, and three eggs
mix everything together (dont use directions on box)
Put in fluted stone and put in the microwave for 14min let it cool and put it on the pedestal and melt some frosting and drizzle over like a glaze

this works great with any kind of combination of cake and pie filling this is just my fav

this also works great for those days the kids come home and say "oh by the way"

The Molten Lava Cake in the DCB is simple and easy.

I always prepare the batter and pour in my DCB and take with me.
I just scoop the tub of icing on the top of the batter, put the lid on and microwave for 10 minutes. I let it sit in the microwave with the lid on while I demo the rest of my products and then it's perfect when I take it out. Chocolate cake and icing is awesome but have done carrot cake and cream cheese icing also. Yummo!

I have a question about icing for the lave cake in the DCB. Do you use the whole tub? I have used the whole container twice and it is very soupy on top when it comes out. What is the secret? Lower the amount?

Shelly Flanagan said:
The Molten Lava Cake in the DCB is simple and easy.

I always prepare the batter and pour in my DCB and take with me.
I just scoop the tub of icing on the top of the batter, put the lid on and microwave for 10 minutes. I let it sit in the microwave with the lid on while I demo the rest of my products and then it's perfect when I take it out. Chocolate cake and icing is awesome but have done carrot cake and cream cheese icing also. Yummo!

I have yet to make this but heard from others that you should make it with the lid off for 11 minutes.

chefheidi2003 said:
I do love your idea about the bananas and strawberries idea..I think I might get some to have out as well. But I am not sure..because I did tell her that I would do a pineapple to show the wedger.

then use the wedger. love that product (once I knew the correct way to use it). so much better than canned pineapple, and cheaper than buying a pineapple already cut at the store.

doughmama said:
then use the wedger. love that product (once I knew the correct way to use it). so much better than canned pineapple, and cheaper than buying a pineapple already cut at the store.

Absolutely. I love the wedger..no matter what I do for a demo..I usually take a pineapple to show the wedger..and I sell at least one at every show.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake in Family Skillet is always a big hit for me. Plus if she is interested in signing she could get the skillet for FREE.

A lemon cake mixed per box instructions; pour into greased fluted tube, microwave 10-12 minutes, let sit in pan on cooling rack for five minutes, flip out onto cooling rack and cool completely. Microwave one can of lemon frosting for a few seconds, just so it becomes incredibly spreadable, spread on cake, and sprinkle with lemon sprinkles. This is so easy and delicious!

A lemon cake mixed per box instructions; pour into greased fluted tube

What exactly is the "fluted tube"? I know what the fluted stone is, but I haven't heard of this one. Could you use the stoneware instead?

I ALWAYS do the molten lave cake in the Rice Cooker Plus at every show and sell at least 2. I save my DCB for other easy recipes like the lasagna or the potato chowderBut you could do the lava cake in the Rice Cooker and a Pineapple upside down cake in the DCB, then you would be showing the pineapple wedger. And you could still do the bananas and strawberries with the egg slicer, nuts in the food chopper (i always talk about nuts with the food chopper bc you can leave the lid on it and still chop), and Rotary Cheese grater for chocolate all for the cake and ice cream sundae you would be showing a lot of tools. Use the small bamboo bowls to put the bananas and strawberries in with the petite bamboo spoons for them to spoon them onto their ice cream/lava cake sundae. And of course prep bowls filled with the nuts and other sprinkles that you wont be using tools for

1. What kind of desserts can I make for a quick and easy dessert show for 15 people?

For a quick and easy dessert show, it's best to stick with simple and crowd-pleasing desserts such as cookies, brownies, fruit tarts, or ice cream sundaes. These can easily be made in large batches and can be customized to suit different tastes.

2. How can I make sure I have enough dessert for everyone?

A good rule of thumb is to plan for about 2-3 servings per person. So for a group of 15 people, you will want to have at least 30-45 servings of dessert. It's always better to have a little extra than not enough, so don't be afraid to make a few extra servings just in case.

3. Can I make these desserts ahead of time?

Yes, many desserts can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until the day of the event. For example, you can make cookie dough in advance and freeze it, then bake the cookies the day of the event. Just make sure to follow proper storage instructions to keep your desserts fresh.

4. How can I make the dessert show more interactive and engaging for my guests?

One idea is to set up a DIY dessert bar where guests can make their own dessert creations. For example, you can provide a variety of toppings and ice cream flavors for guests to make their own sundaes. You can also involve guests in the preparation process by having them help decorate or assemble the desserts.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make these desserts?

Yes, absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are perfect for making quick and easy desserts, such as our stoneware baking pans, cookie scoops, and ice cream scoops. Check out our website for recipe ideas and product recommendations for your dessert show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • SusanBP0129
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Pampered_Ashley84