• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Desserts to Pair Up with a Dinner Demo - Skillet Cake Ideas & More!

In summary, the dessert options for a dinner demo are either Asian Noodle Skillet or Enchilada Casserole, but the host is looking for a dessert too. They recommend Chocolate Chip Sensation or the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.
kam
Staff member
I am looking for a dessert to pair up with a dinner demo. I would like to give my hosts a choice of Asian Noodle Skillet or Enchilada Casserole, but I would like to have a dessert too - I would just like it done before I start the dinner.

Since those 2 dinners don't really have a "bake" time (like the rings), I don't feel like I want to finish off a dessert pizza.

I would actually like to do a skillet cake - and have it just out of the oven when everyone gets there so I can just do the dinner demo.

I have never done a skillet cake. From the directions it appears as though the cake is popped out of the pan while it is still hot..?? Is it a problem if the cake cools too much before being served?? Can anyone provide pointers or let me know the better/easier skillet cakes?

Or any other ideas for good desserts to have done before time. I really don't want a trifle since I would have to make this at home the night before...

Thanks!

Chocolate Chip Sensation is my fall back recipe for anything. The crust can be made the night before and it literally takes about 10 minutes to finish putting together.

Dessert IdeasI would do the mini molten lava cakes (FW 2007) or the Micro Cake. they are both quick and very impressive. Also, you can do the Truffle Brownie Cups and then just fill them with whipped topping (using the EAD) and sprinkle with both Cinnamon and Caramel Sprinkles. You can make the brownies ahead of time. The new SS 2007 Strawberry Shortcakes look great, as does the Chocolate Cake with Strawberries.

good Luck!

kam said:
I am looking for a dessert to pair up with a dinner demo. I would like to give my hosts a choice of Asian Noodle Skillet or Enchilada Casserole, but I would like to have a dessert too - I would just like it done before I start the dinner.

Since those 2 dinners don't really have a "bake" time (like the rings), I don't feel like I want to finish off a dessert pizza.

I would actually like to do a skillet cake - and have it just out of the oven when everyone gets there so I can just do the dinner demo.

I have never done a skillet cake. From the directions it appears as though the cake is popped out of the pan while it is still hot..?? Is it a problem if the cake cools too much before being served?? Can anyone provide pointers or let me know the better/easier skillet cakes?

Or any other ideas for good desserts to have done before time. I really don't want a trifle since I would have to make this at home the night before...

Thanks!

The skillet cake that I do all the time, Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. is flipped out of the pan while still warm. I let it set for a couple of minutes in the pan, and then flip it out onto the SA round platter. It's fine to serve it after it's cooled - it's not like the micro cakes that turn to rubber when cold!:rolleyes: The only think I would do is make sure and do the glaze for it while it is still warm - helps for it to spread easier. You could do this right at the beginning of your show. The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is awesome.......the only thing I would add is that when I do it, it's usually the whole show!

ChefBeckyD said:
.... The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake is awesome.......the only thing I would add is that when I do it, it's usually the whole show!
So you have this as your demo for the show??

muffets said:
Also, you can do the Truffle Brownie Cups and then just fill them with whipped topping (using the EAD) and sprinkle with both Cinnamon and Caramel Sprinkles.
I completely forgot about these! These would work.

wadesgirl said:
Chocolate Chip Sensation is my fall back recipe for anything. The crust can be made the night before and it literally takes about 10 minutes to finish putting together.
I have never made this before, but it is on my list for desserts to "finish" while a ring or braid is in the oven. It looked like it would be good.

Chocolate Chip Sensation is one of the easiest recipes ever! And it's so good. I always make the crust at home because it has to be cooled before applying the toppings. If not, the toppings will seperate after a while (learned that the hard way - luckily it was my sister's show). I usually do like the recipe in the cookbook says only I top it with cool whip and a grated hershey's bar, chocolate syrup, nuts, etc. I leave the topping choice to the host. Just try it once, you'll never forget it.

Where can I find the Turtle skillet dessert. I found the chocolate chip sensation under files?

cvaccaro said:
Where can I find the Turtle skillet dessert. I found the chocolate chip sensation under files?

Type in turtle fudge in the files section, and you will find it many times! It's also in the All The Best Cookbook - and it's under the recipes section of CC.

Thanks so much, When I typed in the name of the cake I spelled skillet with 2 tt's and of course when spelled correctly found numerous including an alternate way using the stoneware fluted pan. Can't wait to try it.
Cathy

How about making a cake in the rice cooker? I made Chicken Tortilla Soup the other day and followed with that one and it was AWESOME!!! So fast, so easy and I ended up selling 3 rice cookers. The recipe is under files. I would watch the microwave though, I had to cook it alot longer than the directions on here said.

What ingredients do I need to make a skillet cake?

You will need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, milk, and any additional flavorings or toppings you prefer.

Can I make a skillet cake in advance for a dinner demo?

Yes, you can make the batter for the skillet cake in advance and store it in the fridge. When ready to use, simply heat up a skillet and pour in the batter to cook.

What are some popular flavors for skillet cakes?

Some popular flavors for skillet cakes are chocolate, lemon, blueberry, and apple cinnamon. You can also get creative and add in your favorite fruits, nuts, or spices.

What other desserts pair well with a dinner demo?

Some other desserts that pair well with a dinner demo are fruit crisps, bread pudding, and chocolate lava cakes. These can all be made in advance and easily served during the demo.

Can I use a different pan besides a skillet for the cake?

Yes, you can use a cake pan or even a muffin tin to make individual skillet cakes. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • mountainmama74
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • erinhoward