• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious ideas for a dessert party this Friday?

In summary, my host just let me know she wants a dessert party for this friday night, but I never did a dessert party...Any suggestions? I was thinking the molten lava cake and maybe the mini carrot cakes? Don't know how I would demo them though?! Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA
jnsr96
My host just let me know she wants a dessert party for this friday night, but I never did a dessert party...Any suggestions? I was thinking the molten lava cake and maybe the mini carrot cakes? Don't know how I would demo them though?! Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA :chef:

Do you have a DCB? They put a new "Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp" recipe on the newest newswire. It looks good. Trifles are also a good demo.

I have the DCB, but I don't have an apple wedger... She also specifically asked for chocolate

Molten Skillet Cake and Frosty Latte....YUMMY!!!!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 374
  • Frosty Latte and Berries & Cream Brownie Squares.doc
    37 KB · Views: 260
there are a lot of great skillet cakes, I'd check into those. Not sure if I'd do a micro cake as the main demo, in my opinion, those are usually an added extra, not much to demo. Or like the previous reviewer said, a trifle... I've heard good things about Janet's peanut butter cup trifle...

Do you have 3 tiered SA Stand?? Maybe you can highlight that and how little room it takes on counter or table to showcase 3 different things and possibily get bookings for Nov.

Tuxedo Brownie Bites are always good in my opinion. Yummy and can be made ahead and then "topped" while at show.

Maybe use the cookie press if you've got new one??

Make some of the Mint Triangles for one layer/?

Just a athought.

Lisa

That cherry cordial torte is a BIG hit - recipe in the holiday cookbook. I always make the brownies up in the torte pans ahead of time.

Thanks for the ideas...unfortunately, I only have the Stainless 10" skillet, no 3 tiered stand, but I do have the torte pan... I was thinking of demo-ing the lava cake to show it's versaltility in the DCB, and pre making the carrot cupcakes and demo-ing the frosting for them and using the EAD. If I make the torte, is there enough demo for everything after the brownies are already made?

I've never made it but just reading through the recipe there isn't a whole lot left to do, pretty basic recipe. Another thought would be the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, they are really good and show quite a bit of product and you should have everything you need because they are one of the recipes for the starter kit. Or you could make the Truffle Brownie Cups, I'm pretty sure they're made for the starter kit too and they're yummo! Or you can do the lava cake or the Cherry Cordial Torte and then do like a side demo of some other stuff, like bring a potato and lime or something and show off the UM and Food Chopper and the Citrus Press (if you have it) and stuff like that... Also, I just noticed with the Cherry torte, it calls for sliced almonds, if you have the garlic slicer you could have the host get whole almonds and show how the garlic slicer slices almonds and other things too... Just a few ideas...

Peanutty Brownie Pizza from the old Delightful Desserts cookbook. I love this one for "chocolate" shows. It allows for a lot of demo items even when doing the brownie as soon as I arrive at the host's home.

What time is the Dessert Party on Friday?

The Dessert Party will be held from 6:00pm to 9:00pm on Friday.

Where is the Dessert Party being held?

The Dessert Party will be held at the Pampered Chef headquarters located at 123 Main Street.

Do I need to bring anything to the Dessert Party?

No, all desserts and refreshments will be provided by Pampered Chef. Just come ready to enjoy some delicious treats!

Can I bring a friend or family member to the Dessert Party?

Yes, guests are welcome to attend the party with you. Please RSVP with the number of guests you plan to bring so we can make sure we have enough desserts for everyone.

Is there a dress code for the Dessert Party?

The dress code for the party is casual. We want you to feel comfortable and relaxed while enjoying your desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • cookscorner
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • Cooking with Nicole