• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious MFP Dessert Ideas for Your Next Event

didn't work well. The ice cream was too hard and didn't blend well. But, I'm going to try it again with different flavors. :)
cookscorner
I have a show at the beginning of March and they would like me to do two desserts. I will be doing the Molten Lava Cake in the DCB and I would like to do one showcasing the MFP. Has anyone thought of some dessert recipes using this. There are going to be 15 - 20 people in attendance, so I didn't think that the Strawberry Ice would work. Thanks for your suggestions. The creativity of people on here is awesome! :p

How about a fruit salad with whipped cream on it to show off EAD? Just a thought.

Do the strawberry ice on the front cover of the catalog!

You can use the MFP to make a crust. Maybe make the smores cups and use the MFP to smash up the graham crackers.

How about a fruit salsa with cinnamon chips?One thing I was going to experiment was doing ice cream blend-ins. I would chop up candies or cookies and then put in ice cream and perhaps some milk if it was needed. I'm thinking that you could make a batch that would serve a few people, give it a quick rinse and then make other flavor varieties. But it's just an idea...haven't tried it yet to see if it works well in this type of application.

Thanks. I love the different ideas. I can't wait to try some of them.

Amanda when you try that out let us know the results.
I am going to make strawberry shortcake using the MFP just throw the strawberries and and make the strawberry topping

I'm going to the store today. I plan to buy vanilla ice cream and Reese's and Oreos and Chocolate Syrup to test out the ice cream blended thing. It's a sacrifice I must make...but someone's just got to test these ideas out! ;) (Okay, so then I'll be good and do a huge workout later...)

Okay, so Sunday night while DH was putting the kids to bed, I whipped out the MFP, ice cream, Keebler Grasshopper cookies, and milk. I wanted to make a blended shake type of dessert. I'm going to do blend-in ice cream treats another day. So for the dessert shake, I first put in about 12 or so of the cookies and chopped them up. Now, they are a pretty firm cookie, so it did take several pumps before they got small enough for my liking. Then I took out 1/2 of those and put them in a prep bowl (to be for the second serving for DH). I put 4 scoops of ice cream in the MFP with the crumbs and started pumping. (I know that sounds like a lot, but the ice cream melts down as you make the shake...;)) The ice cream was still a bit too hard, it had only been out of the freezer for a minute, so that's why. I added some milk and then it helped. It took several pumps, but I got it to the consistency I wanted. I was all out of mint extract, I was going to add just a drop of it just to enhance the mint flavor. But it was fine w/o it. By the time DH came down, the ice cream was softer and so his came together a lot faster, he only pumped it 5 times.Soooo, of course this could be done in a blender and you could have a larger volume made, but here's why I like the MFP for this: it's much, much quieter than a blender. Just think, I made these while kids (who love ice cream and dessert) were going to bed. If they had heard a big, loud blender they wouldn't have gone to bed. They would've been too curious as to what I was making. It's also good because, to me, bringing out a big blender from storage--because I do not store a blender in plain sight in my kitchen--setting it up, plugging in, just seems like a big production. This little MFP was perfect for a single serving shake, just right when you want to make a dessert real fast. And like I said, it was really easy for the second one to be made, so it wasn't disappointing that it was small. It's being small makes it so I can store it more easily and it is within reach in my kitchen.I'll try the ice-cream blend-in things tonight. ;)

So the verdict is in on whether or not the MFP can do ice cream blend-ins...nope, it doesn't do a satisfactory job. It can do a shake or melty-ice cream blend in. I tried putting Reese's with vanilla ice cream. It just can't break into the ice cream well. Once you add milk or let the ice cream soften, it's better. Also, when the ice cream is pretty firm, I worry that the handle to the MFP (the pump) will crack or break somehow if you force it.

babywings76 said:
Okay, so Sunday night while DH was putting the kids to bed, I whipped out the MFP, ice cream, Keebler Grasshopper cookies, and milk. I wanted to make a blended shake type of dessert. I'm going to do blend-in ice cream treats another day. So for the dessert shake, I first put in about 12 or so of the cookies and chopped them up. Now, they are a pretty firm cookie, so it did take several pumps before they got small enough for my liking. Then I took out 1/2 of those and put them in a prep bowl (to be for the second serving for DH). I put 4 scoops of ice cream in the MFP with the crumbs and started pumping. (I know that sounds like a lot, but the ice cream melts down as you make the shake...;)) The ice cream was still a bit too hard, it had only been out of the freezer for a minute, so that's why. I added some milk and then it helped. It took several pumps, but I got it to the consistency I wanted. I was all out of mint extract, I was going to add just a drop of it just to enhance the mint flavor. But it was fine w/o it. By the time DH came down, the ice cream was softer and so his came together a lot faster, he only pumped it 5 times.

Soooo, of course this could be done in a blender and you could have a larger volume made, but here's why I like the MFP for this: it's much, much quieter than a blender. Just think, I made these while kids (who love ice cream and dessert) were going to bed. If they had heard a big, loud blender they wouldn't have gone to bed. They would've been too curious as to what I was making. It's also good because, to me, bringing out a big blender from storage--because I do not store a blender in plain sight in my kitchen--setting it up, plugging in, just seems like a big production. This little MFP was perfect for a single serving shake, just right when you want to make a dessert real fast. And like I said, it was really easy for the second one to be made, so it wasn't disappointing that it was small. It's being small makes it so I can store it more easily and it is within reach in my kitchen.

I'll try the ice-cream blend-in things tonight. ;)

Darn Good Idea! I myself have the blender stored away, out of site because I don't use it everyday. i can't wait to get my MFP!

1. What is Mfp?

Mfp stands for "My fitness pal", which is a popular fitness and nutrition tracking app.

2. Are there any healthy dessert ideas using Mfp?

Yes, there are plenty of healthy dessert ideas using Mfp! Some examples include fruit salads, yogurt parfaits, and baked apples with cinnamon.

3. Can I find low-calorie dessert ideas on Mfp?

Absolutely! Mfp has a wide variety of low-calorie dessert recipes to choose from. Some popular options include chia pudding, banana nice cream, and protein balls.

4. Is it easy to find gluten-free dessert ideas on Mfp?

Yes, Mfp has a filter option that allows you to search for gluten-free dessert recipes. You can also find many user-submitted recipes that are marked as gluten-free.

5. Can I track the nutrition information for these dessert ideas on Mfp?

Yes, Mfp has a feature that allows you to add your own recipes and track the nutrition information for each ingredient. This makes it easy to track the nutritional value of your homemade desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
sburnside
  • ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies