• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I cook chicken in the microwave? Help for a first-timer!

well...a mess? The best way to avoid this is to use a micro-cooker. You can set it and forget it, and it will cook your hamburger perfectly every time. I have found that if I break the hamburger up into small pieces before I put it in the micro-cooker, it cooks much more evenly. And it doesn't make a mess.Thanks, Shawnna! That's great advice.
Rookiechef
Hello all! I'm new to cooking and Pampered Chef! I've bought several things that were suggested to me to get started. So far, I have learned that PC makes life a lot easier in the kitchen. However, I have to know what I can cook in the micro-cooker and how! Someone told me I could cook chicken or hamburger, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. Could anyone please tell me if I can in fact cook meat in the microwave and how?? And if anyone has any great recipes for a first-timer that would be great! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks! :confused:

Hi RookieChef!
I am new to pampered chef too. I've just did my first show last week and I have 3 kitchen shows scheduled for May, so I'm still learning also. I'm not sure about the micro cooker questions, I'll be curious to find out the answers. But here is a couple recipes that are very easy and people like. I made the Garden Ranch Pizza for my first show and it was a hit, plus all the products you got in your super starter kit are all you need! For my next show I'm doing the taco ring. I made it for my husband and son and they LOVED it!! So I think it'll be a hit also. If you'd like the recipe, I can get it for you. Let me know. Good luck and congrats to you on your new venture!! This web site is great and everyone helps each other out with great tips!!

RookieChef,

Are you a Pampered Chef consultant? Do you have one that you are working with? I would love to assist you if you are not currently working with someone.

Yes, meat can be cooked in the microwave. I am a bit of a weirdo, I don't like to cook meat in the microwave. Our New Rice Cooker would be perfect for steaming chicken. I haven't tried this, but I imagine if you put the herbs and spices you want it would infuse into the chicken. Ground beef is just as much work in the microwave as on the stove-top, because you have to break up the meat every so often. I would just brown ground beef on the stove top in our Professional cookware.

I am not sure if I've answered your questions adequately enough, but feel free to contact me.

Sandra Kearns
623-266-7256
[email protected]
www.pamperedchef.biz/sandrak

microcookerYou can melt chocolate, steam vegetables, cook ground beef, eggs ... Just about anything can be cooked in the microcookers!

I do frozen corn: pour the corn out of the package and put the lid on the microcooker (no added water needed). Microwave on high for 5 minutes - takes like just off the cob!

I melt chocolate: put chocolate in cooker microwave for 1 minute, stir. If not melted enough do another 30 seconds.

I melt frosting: 13 seconds for about 2-3 Tablespoons is perfect to drizzle over your cake.

I "fry eggs": open egg into pan, break egg well with mini whisk and microwave for 1-2 minute until done to your liking. My son made his own eggs this way when he was 4 - handle doesn't get hot and no stove dangers (of course I was right there with him! :eek: )

etc., etc. ... you can cook most things in that handy dandy pan!

I cook chicken in the microcookerThe only meat I have tried cooking in the microcooker is chicken breast and I like doing that. It makes them really tender. I just put the chicken breasts in the cooker and cook on high for 5-6 minutes. Then I turn the breasts over in the microcooker and cook them for another 5-6 minutes.

Thanks so MUCH!!Thank you to all of you who replied. Each was as helpful as the next!! I don't always trust myself so it is good ask people who know! Thanks again ;)

Do you put water or anything in with the chicken? It is not going to brown, so why do you turn it over? :confused: Does it make it cook more evenly? Just curious. I have never cooked chicken in the microwave before. I have used the micro-cooker to cook hamburger meat. I only stir it once during the cooking time. If you can break it up really good when you put it in the cooker you only have to stir it once.

Shawnna

I LOVE the micro-cooker for hamburger and I sell tons of them for this very reason. Here is what I say (and do!):

Don't you hate it when you are cooking hamburger on the stove and you have to stand there and watch it and it makes a mess...grease splattered all over the stove top! Don't you wish there was a better way? THERE IS...our Micro-Cooker! You just put the ground beef in the micro-cooker and microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir. Cook for an additional 2 minutes....stir. Keep doing this until it is done. When it is cooked, just pour the fat out of the lid! No more trying to balance the meat in the pan and spoon out the fat...hoping it doesn't all fall in the sink. There is no longer the mess on the stove top. AND you don't have to babysit your meat. Just leave it and come back and stir.

The reason you want to cook it in 2 minute intervals is you will end up with a HUGE hamburger patty if you cook it all at once. It is AWESOME!

Make sure you also cook chicken in the micro-cooker as well (if it doesn't need to be browned). You can also do veggies and anything else that you cook in the microwave.

The only thing that doesn't do well are pasta/bread dishes. They tend to boil over. The perfect solution for that is the Rice Cooker. I make my grits in the rice cooker every morning. The special lid is designed to keep moisture in and keep it from overflowing. It makes perfect rice every time as well as cook that Ramon Noodle Soup your kids can throw in after lunch.

It comes in 2 sizes, but I recommend getting the larger size. It takes up just as much space in your cabinet (the small one has a large handle) and it versitile. If you are not making large portions of food, cook large amounts of ground beef and freeze the extra portions.

cooking chickenThat was the way a consultant told us to cook chicken when I had a show a couple of years ago. I've just always done it that way. I do notice that before I turn the chicken over one side is cooked well and the other side is still pink. I assumed that was why I was told to turn it over. Maybe I don't need to. That was just the way I was taught...

What is "Desperate for Instructions"?

"Desperate for Instructions" is a collection of quick and easy recipes designed to help busy individuals and families enjoy delicious meals at home without spending hours in the kitchen.

Are the recipes in "Desperate for Instructions" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Desperate for Instructions" are created with fresh, whole ingredients and are designed to provide a balanced and nutritious meal.

Do I need any special equipment to make the recipes in "Desperate for Instructions"?

No, the recipes in "Desperate for Instructions" can be made using basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, having some of our Pampered Chef products can make meal preparation even easier and more efficient.

Are there vegetarian or gluten-free options in "Desperate for Instructions"?

Yes, there are a variety of recipes in "Desperate for Instructions" that cater to different dietary preferences and restrictions, including vegetarian and gluten-free options.

Can I customize or modify the recipes in "Desperate for Instructions"?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be versatile and adaptable, so feel free to make substitutions or add your own twists to make the dishes your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies