• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Desperate for Bookings - Would You Do This?

In summary, the author suggests finding a church bazaar, craft fair, or other local event to get started in selling products again. He also advises spending money on a booth at a local event, rather than buying 500 leads from an online vendor. Finally, he suggests making sure to call and contact your last 10 hosts, and go to salons and local businesses to generate leads.
AMTC
Gold Member
Well it's true - if you ignore your business, it goes away. I've been staying active until I got out of school, and now that I'm out my business has dried up and I can't go back once again to those who helped me before and ask AGAIN - okay I have but they don't seem as excited this time.

Anyhow, I found a place online where you can get mailing leads.

500 leads for $30
+ postage $135.00
+ Merrill Postcards $105

is this where I say building my PC business back up is PRICELESS?????? :confused:

I wouldn't. Find some vendor events to set up a table- or contact DS folks you may known and do one together! But to pay $270 for 500 leads doesn't seem like good odds. You'd be better off paying for several smaller vendors tables.And check out the "Ways to get bookings" docs in the Files- there are several. I'd start there. And if you had contacts- such as past customers and hosts, I'd start with THEM. Did you read this Month's Cons.News? The article on 4 talks about a consultant who was getting back into the business. Read that.Good luck

I wouldn't do it! I've done a mailing to my neighborhood, and never got one call. You need to be able to call people, or talk with them in person.

I would spend my money on a booth at a flea market, church yard sale($ down as a donation), fair or festival. Get online and swap shows with other direct sales companies or to set up your own neighborhood bazaar. Ask your director if he/she can help you if you are stuck on where to go for these leads.

As a rule I will not mail out anything if I don't have a personal connection already. I can easily call before and after the mailing goes out to ensure the intended person knows it isn't trash.

OH MY GOSH DON"T DON"T DON"T DON"T DO THIS!!!!
If you want to get your business going again I heartily agree with those who have mentioned finding a church bazaar, craft fair, etc. (call your local chamber of commerce to find out what's happening, when) and get a table. With your table make sure you are standing out front of it attracting people to you and engaging in conversations to lead to bookings ~ if you sit behind the table you just wasted your time.
Also, you need to make your three contacts a day. It's a numbers game, babe. One in ten will book a show right now. If you feel you don't have the people to call or you have "over-used" your peeps and you need to get out of your circle you need to hit the streets. Make a fun competition for yourself- you can't come home until you have made three contacts. If you need to know what to say, listen to the 3 A Day Connect on Main Street workshop or if I get a chance I will try to post the word choices (I spoke on that same topic at conference but I didn't make it to the paper work supply...sniff, sniff :)
If you want the business you have to be willing to go out and make those 3 contacts a day -there's no way around it. I have girls on my team who are totally turning there businesses around just by doing this simple thing. So get excited because you are only 30 days of 3 contacts a day, 5 days a week away from a totally new and brilliant business!
So take the money you would have invested in the mailings and rent some spaces at local fairs and bazaars, invest in a cute pair of comfy shoes for going out and drumming up leads, and an mp3 player that you can download all the workshops on bookings and prospecting off of the online training center and you can listen to them while you do housework!

I don't think we are even allowed to do this. The best way is setting up a booth somewhere. You could ask some friends who also have direct sales businesses to get together with you. We do "Stop N Shops" where we charge $10 a spot plus 10% of your sales. That way if someone makes no sales, they still pay $10. I've gotten good contacts from those before. You never know what person will be the one to start your business off well!

MY 2 CENTS---call your last 10 hosts--and ask them who was the last party they went to-
who is the party person- see if they can connect you--Then start going to salons-and local business---

Buying leads is a waste of money--don't do it. Get out there and meet people!

I think this is actually against company policy somewhere. Even if it's not, it's just not a good idea. Basically as far as they are concerned you are just another person sending them Junk Mail. You could spend hundreds of dollars and get nothing out of it. Our business has to be personal to make a difference.

I basically "bought leads" by doing an overpriced bridal fair and getting a list of contacts months later. I was disappointed to find out that many weddings were years away and nothing ever panned out despite repeated calls to many of them. It was sad ... some weddings ended up getting canceled. I didn't even get "100 nos" I got at least 100 unreturned voice mail messages.

My director has suggested setting up at yard sales or having your own yard sale with a table for your PC. I haven't had time to do this yet, but she swears by it. Good luck!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I basically "bought leads" by doing an overpriced bridal fair and getting a list of contacts months later. I was disappointed to find out that many weddings were years away and nothing ever panned out despite repeated calls to many of them. It was sad ... some weddings ended up getting canceled. I didn't even get "100 nos" I got at least 100 unreturned voice mail messages.

I have had the same thing happen. I don't know what it is with Bridal Fairs here in Ohio. Not very profitable for most. We split the last two among our cluster and only a few consultants came out of it with anything.

Even not so much a yard sale...I'm doing a multi vendor party at my house with about 5 other vendor plus myself in my backyard. I've included my leads and friends and the other vendors listed are inviting their friends. Their friends may not want to have another one of their parties but may want one of yours. Make it a big party...it's going to be a lot of fun. Try it!

1. What is "Desperate for Bookings - Would You Do This?"

"Desperate for Bookings - Would You Do This?" is a program created by Pampered Chef to help consultants increase their bookings and grow their business. It includes tips, strategies, and resources to reach out to potential hosts and book more parties.

2. Is this program only for consultants who are struggling to get bookings?

No, this program is designed for all consultants who are looking to increase their bookings. Whether you are just starting out or have been in the business for years, "Desperate for Bookings - Would You Do This?" can help you reach your booking goals.

3. What kind of resources are included in this program?

This program includes a variety of resources such as email templates, social media graphics, and scripts for reaching out to potential hosts. It also includes training videos and worksheets to help you develop a personalized booking strategy.

4. Do I have to pay to access this program?

As a consultant for Pampered Chef, this program is included in your starter kit and is available for free to all consultants. There are no additional fees or charges to access "Desperate for Bookings - Would You Do This?"

5. Will this program guarantee an increase in my bookings?

While we cannot guarantee specific results, we have seen many consultants have great success with this program. It provides proven strategies and resources, but ultimately, the success of your business depends on your effort and dedication. We encourage you to use the tools and tips provided in this program to reach your booking goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Muppetgal
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
shano
  • MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • melissa3026