• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Diabetic Crowd Demo Suggestions: From Desserts to Main Dishes

In summary,The speaker has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for 21 years, and has run fundraisers for diabetes charities in the past. They suggest the BBQ pork in the Deluxe Carb Block with the salad as a fantastic diabetic-friendly option. The speaker also recommends savory pecan-crusted blue cheese bites, which are easy to make and would be a great recipe for a diabetic crowd.
gailz2
Gold Member
Have you done any demos for a diabetic crowd? What are suggestions for demos? I'd like to do a dessert, but perhaps it will just have to be an appetizer or main dish.:chef::chef:

Find out if they are Type 1 or Type 2. My son is Type 1 (insulin dependent) and with his insulin, he can eat anything he wants, he just has to know the carb count). His diet isn't different from yours or mine.

Did they ask for a diabetic menu? If not, don't worry about it. I've had Type 1 diabetes for 21 years and would never plan on a low carb Pampered Chef party. But I'm assuming they asked you to do it this way, so I'd suggest doing the BBQ pork in the DCB, maybe with the salad. I know that isn't something new and exciting, but it will help people with diabetes who count carbs.

Check about the carb counts. I am type 2. I did a diabetic party and we went mostly sugar free dessert - Chocolate Peppermint Trifle. But it is so easy!!!

2 boxes sugar free chocolate pudding - the darker the better!
milk to make the two boxes MINUS 1/2 cup. You want this thick and rich!
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1 8 ounce container sugar free whipped topping
about 8 sugar free peppermint candies

Make the pudding and add the extract. Try it. You may want more extract but a little goes a long way
Layer 1/2 the angel food cake, 1/2 of the pudding, 1/2 the whipped topping. Do it again!!! Refrigerate if possible, 1 hour. To serve crush the candies very finely with the Meat Tenderizer and sprinkle over the top.
This is a big hit for the Holidays and no, you do not have to make it sugar free!

It's not a dessert, but last night a customer suggested that I "rice" cauliflower with our cookie press. She said it is a great substitute for mashed potatoes. We don't do either at our home...but, it is a thought if you want to throw some in a pan of water and see...

Gatorbits said:
Did they ask for a diabetic menu? If not, don't worry about it. I've had Type 1 diabetes for 21 years and would never plan on a low carb Pampered Chef party. But I'm assuming they asked you to do it this way, so I'd suggest doing the BBQ pork in the DCB, maybe with the salad. I know that isn't something new and exciting, but it will help people with diabetes who count carbs.

Just wanted to say Hi to Gatorbits and Julie...I'm a T1 as well, going on 19 yrs! I'm doing a fundraiser for JDRF this month, maybe that is something you can look into as well! I just called my local JDRF chapter and we're doing on online only fundraiser.

Savory Pecan-crusted Blue Cheese Bites (in the catalog and Easy & Impressive Appetizers) would be a great recipe to do for a diabetic crowd. It uses a nice variety of products, too.

Chef Tso, Great idea. Local JDRfF have a lot of fundraisers emailed to me. PC would be a great way for us both. Thanks for the idea, and good luck with yours. My 15 year old son, has been a type 1 for 2 years now. He takes it in stride. We're learning that he's definitely more apt to get sick. He got the H1N1 and has been out of school for 3 weeks. We're on the second round of antibiotics for a secondary infection.

1. What types of recipes do you recommend for a diabetic crowd?

For a diabetic-friendly demo, we suggest focusing on low-carb and low-sugar recipes. Some examples include grilled chicken with vegetable skewers, zucchini noodles with marinara sauce, and sugar-free desserts like fruit salad or chocolate avocado mousse.

2. Can you accommodate specific dietary restrictions for the demo?

Yes, we are happy to accommodate any dietary restrictions for the demo. Just let us know in advance and we will provide alternative ingredients or recipes to fit your needs.

3. Are there any kitchen tools or gadgets that are particularly helpful for cooking for diabetics?

Yes, some of our most popular products for cooking for diabetics include our Veggie Spiralizer, Quick Cooker, and Garlic Press. These tools make it easy to create healthy and flavorful meals without relying on high-carb or high-sugar ingredients.

4. Can you provide nutritional information for the recipes used in the demo?

Absolutely. We understand the importance of knowing the nutritional information for meals, especially for those with dietary restrictions. We will provide all nutritional information for each recipe used in the demo upon request.

5. Do you offer any tips for maintaining a healthy diet for diabetics?

Yes, we are happy to share our tips and tricks for maintaining a healthy diet for diabetics. Some of our suggestions include incorporating more vegetables and lean proteins into your meals, limiting processed foods and added sugars, and staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Juddel
  • shelly.nurse
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies