• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demo Choice... She Says Something Basic Aka Boring!

In summary, the guest says that her family is usually her husband's family and they are not adventurous eaters. She
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Hey... I have a host who herself is willing to try new things but says that most of her guests are her husbands family and they are BASIC and boring and we will lost them during the demo and show if I try anything too different for the demo. We're doing the creamy caramel skor dip with apples ahead of time but I need something plain and ordinary "taste" wise to demo. This one has me stumped... or maybe it's the flexaril I took for my stiff neck that is keeping me from thinking clearly... anyway... I have to get her a grocery list and I can't even choose the demo ... HELP!!!!!!!!!

Cool veggie pizza?

Or go back a while and do the broccoli/chicken ring/braid/wreath...

30 min chicken... you can't get more borning than plain chicken. Serve with grand biscuits you bake on the stone, serve the condiments in SA, slice chicken with knives, use cutting board, meat lifters, pot holders, seasonings. You could probably add more stuff, but that's just off the top of my head.

Why not the Colossal Chopped Salad? It can be boring and you can paint word pictures on how they can add their favorite veggies to the mix to make it their own. Or, since you already have something for them to munch on, try the lime and potato demo.

Do they want boring as in nothing adventureous food wise or boring as in basic cooking techniques?

What does it say about us when we jump all over a "boring" recipe request and have a hard time with the themes?!? :D

Hmmm... I take boring as "no unusual seasonings or ingredients". We have a ton of basic recipes in our cookbooks. If you don't have the cookbooks do a recipe search on CC and you'll find a ton that would work.

Do one of those but use the products and/or a garnish as pazazz!

My spaghetti is as basic as it gets but put it in the dots large bowl and (according to DH) it's fit for the finest company!

Along with what Beth is saying, why not show them how to make their meals look nice with entertaining tips with SA pieces?

WOW! Thanks for all the responses already! She means boring as in spices etc... I am mulling these over.. .maybe I'll do the chicken or the pork tenderloin... that's basic meat and potatoes ... keep the ideas flowing tho since you are all on such a roll! :) And I'm feeling deliblitated! I do not handle being slowed down very well. If you could whisper a prayer or two that this muscle relaxes I would appreciate it.

shhhh... Please Lord, help Diane's neck to be free and loose!

Good whispered prayer?

You know, sometimes I push my "boring" hosts to try something different and they are pleasantly surprised. Aloha Pizza comes to mind as one of those recipes. Our Cool Veggie Pizza is also just a little different with the addition of the garlic in the cream cheese mixture.

I made Strawberry Spinach Salad at a show recently but the host wanted a second recipe because she was afraid no one would like it. We made cool & creamy chocolate fondue. EVERYONE LOVED the salad - they couldn't believe - strawberries and onions!

And of course they loved the chocolate too - HELLO! ...CHOCOLATE!

Chocolate is a no-brainer for a show recipe. :D

I do like to do things that people are a little leery about, to show them that there are tasty combinations that they may not have thought of. The Aloha pizza is a good one for that. Many people have had pineapple on pizza, but the BBQ sauce (and fresh pineapple) makes it SOOOOO much better than typical carry-out.

Calypso Club Sandwich was that way, too. Pineapple and onion? It was always a hit, though.

There was a wrap a few summers ago with avocado on it. Delish, but many people think that the only thing you can make with avocado is guacamole.

Great Whispered Prayer! :) Y'all can actually shout one out too if you like... :) I tried to get this host to stretch... and she had the Jerk Chicken Salad at the show where she booked hers and loved it but since we are dealing with In-laws I don't feel like I can push too hard. She seems to know them well enough to know what not to do... kwim? SO I'm continuing to read your ideas here and I'll choose soon! I can't thank all of you enough!

Diane, I think I'd really do the chicken - maybe the pork, but you can be safe with chicken. Even the boring, plain eaters will pick up a rotisserie grilled chicken at the deli in the store ...

If you aren't set on something savory, what about the Profiterole Puffs? I did them for a friend who is very unadventurous (and cheap to boot) and they were a huge hit. They are great for people who don't want to buy a lot of extra out of the ordinary stuff.

ETA: I tried to push the Wilted Spinach Salad with Candied Pepper Bacon and she said it sounded gross! :eek: (I personally think it's to die for!)

Our classic recipes are a good choice. As someone said the Chicken Broccolli Braid...everyone LOVES!! It is more or less bland/simple. Any of the ring filling options are good choices (All The Best cookbook). Another stunning demo and delicious recipe is the Tomato Basil Squares...lifetime favorite!

What is a "Demo Choice" party?

A "Demo Choice" party is a type of Pampered Chef party where the hostess can choose from a selection of pre-designed recipes to be demonstrated by the consultant. This allows the hostess to pick recipes that she knows her guests will enjoy.

How do I select the recipes for my "Demo Choice" party?

You can select your recipes by browsing the "Demo Choice" recipe options on the Pampered Chef website or by discussing with your consultant. Your consultant can also provide suggestions based on your preferences and dietary restrictions.

Do I need to provide any ingredients for the "Demo Choice" recipes?

No, all of the ingredients for the "Demo Choice" recipes will be provided by your consultant. However, if you have any specific dietary restrictions or preferences, please inform your consultant beforehand.

Can I customize the "Demo Choice" recipes?

Yes, you can make minor changes to the recipes to suit your preferences. However, please keep in mind that the recipes are designed by Pampered Chef and any major changes may affect the outcome of the dish.

Is there a cost for the "Demo Choice" party?

There is no cost for hosting a "Demo Choice" party. However, the hostess is responsible for providing any additional drinks or snacks for the guests. Your consultant will also provide you with information on any current promotions or specials that may be available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • babywings76