• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad Recipe: Easy, Delicious, and Interactive

In summary, the conversation revolved around a recipe for a Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad that was made during a cooking training session. Participants in the conversation discussed different variations of the recipe, including using ground turkey instead of beef, adding different toppings and dressings, and serving it as a main dish or side dish. They also shared their experiences making and serving the dish, with many positive reviews and suggestions for making it even better. Some even mentioned using the recipe for a brunch show or taste testing event. The overall consensus was that the recipe was easy to make and delicious, appealing to both adults and kids.
redsoxgirl
SO GOOD!!!

We had a cooking training last night and this was one of the recipes we made. It was so good!

It was very easy to make and worked really well as an interactive show.

I'm making it for dinner with ground turkey. :love:

Well, while I think it is a good concept, if I am going to all that trouble to make the salad, I want a juicy burger!

I havent tried it yet so I dont have an opinion about it, but I know DH and I love a nice burger.

I think the salad would be maybe good to bring to a cookout or something.

Oh I agree - I love me a good burger! But I like that this has lots of lettuce and other veggies. It's a little healthier than a burger for me because all I put on my burgers is cheese and ketchup - LOL

I'll have to try it when I have a crowd. :)

Just curious if you can substitute anything for ketchup. I have a hostest who doesn't like ketchup!! Thanks.
Oh and yes, this is a great recipe!

You could try BBQ sauce, Manwich sauce or taco seasoning. DH thought it would taste good as a taco salad.

I liked this recipe but DH has a thing about salads, they are a side dish to come before a meal, not eaten as a meal! So I let him eat his on the leftover buns. He said it reminded him of a manwich.

I just made the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad last night for my husband and 2 kids. They really loved it and my husband is not a salad for dinner type of guy. It was really quick and easy to put together too. I am doing this for a brunch show this Saturday and I think they'll really like it. :)

We've always used ground turkey for it. Turkey burgers can be dry. Turkey SALAD is not. And really, if you dont like salads, you might like this one better... but you still wont like salads. :)

My cluster had a taste testing last night and I made the Cheeseburger Salad. I made way too much, so I brought the leftovers into work for everyone to try, and got a lot of compliments. I wasn't sure how it would go over considering it's a lot of men, but so far so good!!!

I made it for a pot luck today. warmed the burger mix in the microwave. worked pretty good. I put the onions and tomatoes on only half so that if you don't like the tomatoes or onions you wouldn't have to have them. I thought it turned out very good. One thing a person in my cluster suggested to fry the onions first. I didn't do that but might have to try next time.

tabnat80 said:
Just curious if you can substitute anything for ketchup. I have a hostest who doesn't like ketchup!! Thanks.

Try seasoning your beef/turkey with one of our seasonings & do ranch dressing~it different than a typical burger taste, but still yummy!!

tabnat80 said:
French salad dressing works well. But, that has ketchup in it, so not sure if she would agree to it!

I made the salad and it is so eye appealing!! Yummy! I also suggest that if you have leftover meat, that you put it on a bun. My hubby thought that was really good!

I made this for dinner last night and everyone (my hubby, my mom and her hubby) all loved it and thought the presentation was amnazing. I put it in the Large Bowl with the bun/croutons sticking up around the edge.

I have leftovers for lunch today too :D :love:

I made it with almost 2 lbs of ground turkey to make it a little more substantial, and we all agreed that less ground meat would not have been enough and more would have been fine too.

I just served this to my family. It is perfect for kids. I put onions and tomatoes on half for the adults and cheese and meat on the other half for the kids. I used cheap hamburger buns for the croutons, more kid friendly. It was gone in minutes!

Also, I prepped the ground beef in bulk, adding garlic and onions for the power cooking. I drained the beef in the large colander with the matching bowl underneath it. I cooked the beef in a 12 inch stainless skillet. (easy to lift and pour into the colander) Then I drained the grease out of the bowl into a zip lock and pitched it. I used one portion of the meat for the salad, made tacos and chili out of the rest. I spooned two cups of the meat into each zip lock for the other recipes.

Minus the toasted burger buns...the salad fits in most low carb diets. Plus...there is low carb (no sugar) ketchup available. I like the concept, although my preference is Taco Salad :)

I need to try this - thanks for the reminder to get the ingredients at the grocery store this weekend! ;) I'll let you know my family's verdict - we're usually a Whole Foods bunch! :D

I know we can substitute bagged lettuce for the recipe but how much do I need? 1 or 2 bags and what size?

Thanks

PCJen said:
I know we can substitute bagged lettuce for the recipe but how much do I need? 1 or 2 bags and what size?

Thanks
It's supposed to be 8 cups, which is about 2 Romain heads (the ones that come 3 to a bag). I'd say it's 1.5-2 bags of lettuce. Of course you can always use more or less to taste.

Umm, anyone else not like cold meat? I think I will try heating it up right before tossing in the lettuce and it will taste better!?!

heat123 said:
Umm, anyone else not like cold meat? I think I will try heating it up right before tossing in the lettuce and it will taste better!?!

I don't care for cold ground beef - I would definitely heat it up. I didn't care for this recipe - but I love Taco Salad, and always heat the meat for that.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't care for cold ground beef - I would definitely heat it up. I didn't care for this recipe - but I love Taco Salad, and always heat the meat for that.
Ummmmm, Taco salad... Yuuummmss!:love:

What ingredients are in the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad includes ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, red onion, cheddar cheese, and a special dressing made with ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.

Is the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad gluten-free?

No, the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is not gluten-free as it contains croutons made from wheat bread. However, you can easily omit the croutons to make it gluten-free.

Can I substitute the ground beef for a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for a vegetarian option such as Beyond Meat or tofu crumbles. Simply cook them according to package instructions and use them as a replacement for the ground beef in the recipe.

How long does it take to prepare the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad can be prepared in about 15 minutes. This includes cooking the ground beef and chopping the vegetables. It's a quick and easy meal option for busy weeknights.

Can I make the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad ahead of time?

While the salad is best served fresh, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and assemble it right before serving. This makes it a great option for meal prep or for a potluck gathering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • elizabethfox
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
kspry