• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad Recipe Review - Family Friendly and Easy to Customize

In summary, the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad was good but the red onion was very overpowering. If your family is not crazy about onions, I would recommend cutting down on the onion or maybe cooking the onion with the ground beef.
SummerG
Good Morning!

I made the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad last night for dinner. I wanted to follow the recipe exactly to see how my family liked it. My family is NOT picky about their food.

The salad was good but the red onion was very overpowering. So...if your family is not crazy about onions, I would recommend cutting down on the onion or maybe cooking the onion with the ground beef. Maybe 1/2 of a red onion instead of a whole one. I don't know if I just had a really strong red onion or what but my hubby didn't even finish his plate (and that is VERY unusual-Lol!).

Hope this helps somebody. I think if I make it at my shows I will offer to leave out the red onion if attendees do not like it.

:chef:

I didn't add as much onion as it said to either. I think I will cook it in the meat next time also.

I agree- when I made it, I only used about 1/2 an onion. Plus I cooked the diced part of it with the ground beef (rather than mixing it in afterwards) because I don't like raw onions. It turned out very well.

I have a question though- did you cook the beef in an 8" saute pan like the recipe calls for? I started it out that way, but there was no way it would all get cooked like that. I had to transfer it to a bigger, non-PC pan (because all I have are 8" PC pans).

You can rinse the onion to take away some of the strong taste.This makes a great vegetarian recipe if you substitute TVP granules for the ground beef. Robin

You are only cooking 3/4 lb so it should fit in the 8" saute pan easily but I agree, I like a little room when I cook so I cooked it at home in the 10" pan. I think they also mention the 8" because this is a recipe designed for the starter kit which comes with the 8"

wadesgirl said:
I didn't add as much onion as it said to either. I think I will cook it in the meat next time also.

I did cook it into the meat and it was yummy!!!! I just let the meat cook with the sauce minus the pickles...then I added the pickles right before I served it! :)

I LOVED the pickles in it, so good!

wadesgirl said:
I LOVED the pickles in it, so good!

Me too..:D .thats why I added them after I cooked it. I just didn't think it would be good to simmer the meat and sauce with the pickles??? Who knows!

1. What ingredients are in the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad includes ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, shredded cheese, and a special dressing made with ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise.

2. Is the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad gluten-free?

Yes, the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is made with gluten-free ingredients. However, we cannot guarantee that the ingredients have not come into contact with gluten during the manufacturing process.

3. How do I make the dressing for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

The dressing for the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is easy to make. Simply mix together equal parts of ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise until well combined. Adjust the amounts to your personal taste preferences.

4. Can I add additional toppings to the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

Absolutely! The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is a versatile dish and can be customized to your liking. Some popular additional toppings include diced onions, croutons, and bacon bits.

5. How long will the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad stay fresh?

The Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad is best enjoyed fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. However, we recommend storing the dressing separately and adding it just before serving for the best taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
heat123
  • 4kids4me
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies