• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad--Ideas?

In summary, the meat is a bit too bland for some, so people suggest adding a spice or dressing to it. Another suggestion is to add bacon.
buzz26
The meat is a bit too bland for me. Any ideas on how to flavor it?
Do you think putting one of the spices in the meat or in the ketchup would enhance the flavor?

Well, it is supposed to taste like a cheeseburger, so, if you were making an actual cheeseburger, I guess you could add whatever spice you might use on the burger....??

When I made it, I sprayed the bread with our Basil Blend Canola Oil, for extra flavor. The guests loved it!!

Good luck,
Paula

Typically just salt & pepper for the meat... won't change the cheeseburger flavor. Also, you could try garlic salt, or just a scant 1/4 teaspoon of oregano or sage or thyme or parsley with the salt & pepper.

How about melting some spicy cheese on top? DH likes the crushed peppercorn seasoning on his burgers. We use a type of greek seasoning on our burgers and steaks at home. I need to compare the ingredients to our new greek seasoning and see how it would do on steak and burgers.

When I made this, DH thought it would be good with taco seasoning or even manwich sauce.

Not a fan of this salad.....but I LOVE the BBQ rub - maybe you could add some of that, and have it be a BBQ Cheeseburger Salad?

When I made it at a show, it was a Power Cooking show, so we had added the garlic and onion to the meat. I thought it was really good!

When I mentioned this salad to the guests at my show yesterday, one said that her husband puts hot sauce on his burgers. So a splash of Tabasco or Red Hot would liven it up. Or add a package of dry onion soup mix to the beef as it's browning.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to make it for dinner tomorrow and take it to work for lunch. They love when I try recipes on them.

buzz26 said:
The meat is a bit too bland for me. Any ideas on how to flavor it?
Do you think putting one of the spices in the meat or in the ketchup would enhance the flavor?

Yesterday at my show, i added some garlic & peppercorn seasoning to the ground beef and cooked the onions in the ground beef. It flavored it so nicely and wasn't as bland. Plus I used only 2/3 cup ketchup. I like the recipe 10x better like this and the guest loved it. A couple said, "we're making this for dinner". Thanks PC for giving us great recipes!!

I've added bacon to mine to make it a Bacon Cheeseburger Salad...it's good :)

My family loved this salad. And it's salad! I'll be making this again. I didn't change anything except I used ground turkey.

Although I overdid it, I have tried to make it more like a Big Mac and add thousand Island dressing in lieu of the ketchup and mustard. It was way too sweet for my husband and I'm going to try it the original way. But I think you could definately tweek it to your liking.
Jessica

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

To make a Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, you will need ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and croutons.

2. Can I substitute the ground beef with a different type of protein?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or vegetarian ground beef as a substitute for the ground beef in this recipe.

3. How do I make the croutons for this salad?

To make the croutons, you can either use store-bought croutons or make your own by cubing and toasting bread in the oven with olive oil and seasoning.

4. Can I make this salad in advance?

Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients and store them separately in the fridge. When ready to serve, assemble the salad and add dressing.

5. What dressing goes well with the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad?

A classic Thousand Island dressing or a homemade ranch dressing are both delicious options for this salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • NewbyPChef