• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfectly Prepared Deviled Eggs for the Office: Tips and Tricks

well, an electric steamer! So I did and it's been great. So if you're on the fence about an egg cooker, give it a try!I have always been one who stressed over hard boiling eggs...start with cold water/hot water? Heat off or on? How long. Geez. I was always second guessing myself.Anyway, so years ago I broke down and bought a cheap little egg cooker thing. Yes, it helped me tremendously and worked very well - for 6 eggs at a time. I started having issues with it and was going to replace it...and it dawned on me that the concept was exactly the same as...well, an electric steamer! So I did and
magentablue
I plan to bring Deviled Eggs to work tomorrow in the Cool 'N Serve.

1. Can I make them tonight, and bring them in tomorrow? Or do they need to be made as close to the time we will be eating them as possible?

2. Should the inserts be frozen? If my eggs sit on them for an hour before anyone touches them, would the eggs freeze?

I was thinking of making them tonight, and storing them on a regular tray wrapped with plastic wrap, then transferring them into the frozen Cool' N Serve inserts tomorrow morning. Any words of advice?

I do deviled eggs for every bd party we have here....peel the eggs, slice in 1/2, bag the 1/2'd egg whites and prepare your yolk, store in frig until ready to use. Then assembly when you're ready to server.1) Yes, make them tonight...assembly tomorrow
2) Yes, freeze insertsThey'll be great!

Thank you!

Want another tip? Add a little garlic and a little dill to the deviled eggs... Yum!!

I mix 2 tsp. of our Dill Seasoning with one cup mayo and one cup sour cream. You decide whether lo-fat versions. Then I mix that with the egg yolks, and pipe into the
deviled egg halves with our Easy Accent Decorator. I generally do not fill them until
one half hour before a party, especially if they will be sitting out on a buffet table. If you are talking them to work, do you have a refrig with shelves deep enough for the entire Cool & Serve Tray to be stored in it? My cooler does not have the width for
the 12" Square Tray to fit into it, so timing is tricky for me.

I have a full-sized refrigerator at work, but it may be full tomorrow... but I think I'll put the eggs out at the beginning of the day, and people can eat them as they wish... some will eat in the am, some around lunch... it should keep them cool and safe through the end of lunch, I assume. So if I am making tonight and assembling tomorrow... do I just boil the eggs tonight? Shell tomorrow? Or shell tonight also, and mix up the yolks but not pipe until tomorrow?Thanks!

:( I have perfect soft-boiled eggs. I don't know what I did wrong... I put the eggs in, put water to about an inch over them, turned the heat on high, waited for the water to just come to a boil, turned it off, covered them for 20 minutes, poured out the water, gave them an ice water bath... meh. Misery. I guess I'll be grocery shopping tomorrow morning instead of bringing deliciously deviled eggs. And I guess the dogs will be eating 18 soft-boiled eggs, as my husband and I can't stand them.Sigh.

I just made deviled eggs today, so I thought I would share a tip......this from an Alton Brown recipe:

Place the eggs into an electric kettle and cover with cold water by at least 1-inch. Turn the kettle on. Once the water comes to a boil, the kettle will turn itself off. Leave the eggs in the water for 15 minutes. Remove and peel off the shell.

This method has always worked well for me once I got past my initial resistance to trying it. :blushing:

magentablue said:
:(

I have perfect soft-boiled eggs. I don't know what I did wrong... I put the eggs in, put water to about an inch over them, turned the heat on high, waited for the water to just come to a boil, turned it off, covered them for 20 minutes, poured out the water, gave them an ice water bath... meh. Misery.

I guess I'll be grocery shopping tomorrow morning instead of bringing deliciously deviled eggs. And I guess the dogs will be eating 18 soft-boiled eggs, as my husband and I can't stand them.

Sigh.

This is how I do my eggs, and never have a problem...but I make sure they are at a hard, full, rolling boil before removing from heat...that's the only thing I could think of as being a problem! Good luck next time!!!

I have just started using my Electric Steamer! PERFECT eggs. Don't know why I never thought of it before.

I have ALWAYS been one who stressed over hard boiling eggs...start with cold water/hot water? Heat off or on? How long. Geez. I was always second guessing myself.

Anyway, so years ago I broke down and bought a cheap little egg cooker thing. Yes, it helped me tremendously and worked very well - for 6 eggs at a time. I started having issues with it and was going to replace it...and it dawned on me that the concept was exactly the same as an electric steamer! And I already owned an electric steamer.

Pierce the eggs on top and 20 minutes later - perfect!

LOVE learning new uses for something I already own. :)

Has anyone added our Southwestern seasoning to deviled eggs? Wondering what that would taste like...

YES, on the Southwestern seasoning (2 tsp. to one cup sour cream, and one cup mayo)! It has a little zing, and the men really liked it. I prefer using our Dill seasoning, after I have mixed it with one part sour cream and one part mayo. See my #5 post above. Consider making some of each. You only use enough of the sour cream, mayo dip to get the consistency you want to use our Easy Accent Decorator for the eggs. I'd guess one half cup to one dozen egg yolks.

I use the spin test to make sure the egg is hard boiled. Spin the egg on the counter - it it wobbles, it's not done.

Oh, what a great tip! Thanks!

1. How do I get the perfect hard-boiled eggs for deviled eggs?

To get the perfect hard-boiled eggs for deviled eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a pot. Add enough cold water to cover the eggs by about an inch. Bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and cover the pot. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 12-15 minutes. Drain and immediately place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.

2. Can I make deviled eggs ahead of time?

Yes, you can make deviled eggs ahead of time. Prepare the filling and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Hard-boil the eggs and keep them in the fridge as well. When ready to serve, fill the eggs with the prepared filling. For best results, make them no more than a day in advance.

3. How do I pipe the filling into the eggs without making a mess?

To pipe the filling into the eggs without making a mess, use a piping bag or a plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Hold the egg in one hand and use the other hand to squeeze the filling into the egg. Start with a small amount of filling and add more as needed.

4. Can I substitute mayonnaise in the filling for a healthier option?

Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise in the filling for a healthier option. Greek yogurt, avocado, or hummus are great alternatives that add a creamy texture and flavor to the filling. You can also use a combination of these ingredients for a healthier yet still delicious deviled egg.

5. How long can I keep deviled eggs at room temperature?

Deviled eggs should not be left at room temperature for more than 2 hours. After that, they need to be refrigerated to prevent bacteria growth. If you plan on serving them at a party or event, it's best to keep them chilled and place them out for short periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • aPamperedBride
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • dme.grant