• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Potato Recipes for a Home School Picnic!

I wasn't sure if I should bring mashed potatoes or not, but this recipe sounds really good. I'll have to give it a try!Here's the recipe:Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bread Crumbs Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis See this recipe on air Wednesday Sep. 19 at 1:30 PM ET/PT. Show: Everyday Italian Episode: Just for Two 1 tablespoon butter 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces 1 cup whole milk 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted 1 1/2 cups grated mo
blessed4life
I need a good recpe for a upcoming home school picnic! I originally said that I would bring mashed potatoes...for some crazy reason, so if there are any GREAT potato recipes please share!

Thanks a bunch:)

Well I went through my collection and found a couple but not many........

Attachments

• Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe.doc
    32 KB · Views: 256
  • Potato Enchiladas.doc
    25 KB · Views: 270
  • Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 347
Thanks a TON!!!

Oh, Giada (I don't know how she spells it, the Everyday Italian show on Food Network) had a great potato recipe the other day. It was mashed potatoes mixed with mozzarella cheese and then parmesan mixed with bread crumbs spread over the top then baked.....looked really yummy.

Here's the recipe:

Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bread Crumbs Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
See this recipe on air Wednesday Sep. 19 at 1:30 PM ET/PT.

Show: Everyday Italian
Episode: Just for Two

1 tablespoon butter
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until they are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return the potatoes to the same pot and mash well. Mix in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish. Stir the bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the mashed potatoes. Recipe can be prepared up to this point 6 hours ahead of time; cover and chill.

Bake, uncovered, until the topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Thanks Linda!!!!!!! Yummo!!!

Thanks Ladies I will probably give them a try myself because I am not exactly a fan of mashed potatoes and the rest of my family is... so maybe this will help

chefkristin said:
Thanks Linda!!!!!!! Yummo!!!
I haven't made it yet, but I think it sounds really good.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, Giada (I don't know how she spells it, the Everyday Italian show on Food Network) had a great potato recipe the other day. It was mashed potatoes mixed with mozzarella cheese and then parmesan mixed with bread crumbs spread over the top then baked.....looked really yummy.

OMG, that sounds totally YUMMY! I need to look that up on foodnetwork!!! Thanks for sharing:) .

pamperedlinda said:
Here's the recipe:

Baked Mashed Potatoes with Parmesan Cheese and Bread Crumbs Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
See this recipe on air Wednesday Sep. 19 at 1:30 PM ET/PT.

Show: Everyday Italian
Episode: Just for Two

1 tablespoon butter
4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water until they are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return the potatoes to the same pot and mash well. Mix in the milk and melted butter. Mix in the mozzarella and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking dish. Stir the bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan in a small bowl to blend. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the mashed potatoes. Recipe can be prepared up to this point 6 hours ahead of time; cover and chill.

Bake, uncovered, until the topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Oh, thanks bunches!!

What are some easy and delicious potato recipes for a home school picnic?

Some easy and delicious potato recipes for a home school picnic include loaded potato salad, cheesy potato casserole, garlic roasted potatoes, potato wedges, and potato chips.

How can I make my potato salad more flavorful?

To make your potato salad more flavorful, you can add ingredients such as bacon, green onions, pickles, or herbs like dill or parsley. You can also mix in a tangy dressing or a splash of vinegar for added flavor.

Can I make potato chips at home?

Yes, you can make potato chips at home! Simply thinly slice potatoes, toss with oil and your choice of seasonings, and bake in the oven until crispy. You can also use an air fryer for a healthier option.

What are some good toppings for potato wedges?

Some good toppings for potato wedges include shredded cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, chives, and ranch dressing. You can also get creative and top them with chili, pulled pork, or other savory toppings.

Can I prepare potato recipes ahead of time for a picnic?

Yes, many potato recipes can be prepared ahead of time for a picnic. Potato salad, casseroles, and roasted potatoes can be made a day in advance and stored in the fridge. Just be sure to keep them properly chilled until it's time to serve!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • croberts30
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies