• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Italian Potatoes: A Thanksgiving Treat!

In summary, the ingredients needed for Delicious Italian Potatoes include 5 pounds of Yukon gold potatoes, 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Other types of potatoes can be used, but Yukon gold potatoes are recommended for their texture and flavor. Peeling the potatoes is not necessary as the skin adds flavor and texture. The potatoes can be prepared ahead of time and baked for 45 minutes to an hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
jrstephens
Someone brought this to church last night for our Thanksgiving Meal. It was so good. I haven't tried making them myself yet.

2 cans sliced potatoes, drained
1/2 cup melted butter
1 packet of Italian Dressing mix

Combine butter and seasoning and pour over potatoes. Bake on 350 for about 350 minutes until heated through. It really seemed like more butter in them to me but this is how they told me to make them.

Could you use raw potatoes I wonder? I suppose you could... perhaps sliced thin... sounds yummy!

I am sure you could, it would take longer to cook them through but I am sure it would be fine.

I thought the same thing too since I have a new whole bag of them.

jrstephens said:
I am sure you could, it would take longer to cook them through but I am sure it would be fine.

I thought the same thing too since I have a new whole bag of them.

Longer than 350 minutes?:eek: ! (Sorry, it had to be said!):D

:thumbup: I have done these with the baby red potatoes and yes they are very good!

pamperedtraci said:
Longer than 350 minutes?:eek: ! (Sorry, it had to be said!):D

I would have said it too!

Mmmmmmmmm....thanks! I just bought some of those potatoes the other day, as well as the italian dressing mix! Sounds yummy!

lkprescott said:
Could you use raw potatoes I wonder? I suppose you could... perhaps sliced thin... sounds yummy!

I just had a thought: you could boil them for a few minutes before you baked them if you used real one to help them cook quicker.

I went and got the seasoning and will try making them tonight.

What are the ingredients needed to make Delicious Italian Potatoes?

The ingredients needed to make Delicious Italian Potatoes include:

• 5 pounds of Yukon gold potatoes
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Can I use a different type of potato for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of potato you prefer, but Yukon gold potatoes are recommended for their creamy texture and flavor.

Do I need to peel the potatoes before cooking?

No, there is no need to peel the potatoes. The skin adds extra texture and flavor to the dish.

Can I prepare these potatoes ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the potatoes ahead of time by slicing and seasoning them, then cover and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them.

How long do I bake the potatoes for?

The potatoes should be baked for 45 minutes to an hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies