• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deleting Sensitive Messages on FB: A Guide for Protecting Your Privacy

In summary, to delete a message on Facebook, open the message and click on the three dots, then select "Delete" and confirm. When you delete a message, it will be removed from both your inbox and the recipient's inbox. It cannot be recovered. To delete multiple messages at once, select them and click on the three dots. Facebook does not have a feature to automatically delete messages.
babywings76
Gold Member
A friend of mine put her CC info in a private message to me on FB. I cringed when she did that...I thought she was going to call me with it. Now it's a month later and we've been chatting in message form. Well, now that FB connects all your chats & messages with a person, you can see your previous messages. In one of her messages to me today she asked if I could delete the message w/ her CC info. I don't know how to respond to that. I could probably delete it somehow...but I can't find out how to just select that one message. But even if I do, it will probably still be shown on her FB account unless she also deletes it. Right? So what do I say?

You can open up the message thread and then choose Actions and either Delete All Messages in the thread, or selected ones.

To delete one or more messages within a conversation:
1.Open the conversation.
2.Select Delete Messages... from the actions menu at the top of the conversation.
3.Check the individual messages you’d like to delete and click Delete Selected at the bottom of the page, or click Delete All to delete the whole conversation.

I thought this only deleted the messages you wrote and not the ones you received

Thanks for the tips, it worked! :)

1. How do I delete a message on Facebook?

To delete a message on Facebook, simply open the message you want to delete and click on the three dots on the top right corner of the message. Then, select "Delete" from the drop-down menu and confirm the deletion.

2. What happens when I delete a message on Facebook?

When you delete a message on Facebook, it will be removed from your inbox and the recipient's inbox. However, the message may still appear in the recipient's inbox if they haven't seen it yet.

3. Can I recover a deleted message on Facebook?

No, once you delete a message on Facebook, it cannot be recovered. It is permanently deleted from both your inbox and the recipient's inbox.

4. How can I delete multiple messages at once on Facebook?

To delete multiple messages at once on Facebook, go to your inbox and check the boxes next to the messages you want to delete. Then, click on the three dots at the top of the page and select "Delete" from the drop-down menu.

5. Is there a way to automatically delete messages on Facebook?

No, there is no feature on Facebook that allows you to automatically delete messages. You will need to manually delete them yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PampChefJoy