• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Defective Prep Bowl: How to Handle Customer Complaints and Shipping Fees

In summary, the customer was told that either the lid or the bowl could be defective, and she was given the option of shipping both back separately or buying a new set. The extra bowls that the customer already owns make this option more appealing, but the customer is still angry because she was told the wrong information and has to call back.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
Ok, so I had a customer write a note on another order she placed through another show that one of the prep bowls that she got was defective. I called HO last Friday or Saturday and someone I talked to said to ask the customer what exactly was defective because they could replace the either the lid or the bowl. So I called the customer yesterday and she said it was the bowl that was defective. So I called HO and the girl I talked to yesterday said they can only replace the lid seperately and if it's the bowl that's defective then she has to ship back the entire set. That's ALOT of shipping fees (it's past the first 30 days). I told her (when I thought she could just ship the bowl) that she should let me know how much the shipping was and I'd give her credit towards this next order. But shipping all 6 bowls will be like...6x the cost of shipping the one bowl! I've read stuff about replacing stoneware by only shipping pack a broken piece...would they accept her just shipping back the defective bowl? I'm tempted to just buy a set myself (which already want to do), give the customer one of the new bowls and then I'd still have 7 (since I have the 2 from my consultant kit).

I'd probably buy a new set for myself and replace her single bowl. Going above and beyond, and you still get something out of the deal. I added more bowls to my kit too- it's nice to have more than 2.

what was defective about it? I'm curious

i bought a set to add to my kit too. i just started giving one single prep bowl away as prizes at my show. i tell them all the uses and they love them. it is now one of my top ten ordered items. i love them!

She said the rim had a weird dip in it, almost like a pour spout. I was thinking, maybe a large pinch bowl got put in their by mistake? Is the large pinch bowl even close to the size of the prep bowls? I've never seen the pinch bowls. I think I will just buy one for myself since I told this host that I'd get stuff on this order to put her over the $500 mark (she got 13 orders and was still $10 short). I just am a little annoyed that I have to call her back and say "sorry, the information I got from HO and gave to you is wrong, it's not as simple as mailing back what's defective and them sending you a replacement."

So apologize and then say that you are going to make this simple for her, and replace the bowl for her from a set you are purchasing. She'll probably appreciate your customer service, and you'll be HER consultant for life and she'll speak well of you. (that's the idea anyway, right?) Sounds like you can probably still use the bowl - or at least use it in your own kitchen. At most, you wont' be able to put the lid on- big deal.

you can use it I have several bowls that way it looks like it has been pinched out with your fingers

Good idea, I wasn't really planning on asking for the defective one. She's not local but the host she ordered from is her sister-in-law so I know eventually they'll see each other. I know the host really well so I guess I can just have them make the exchange and then have the host give me the defective one. Or, if it never makes it to me, I haven't lost anything!

What is the warranty for the Prep Bowl?

The Prep Bowl comes with a one-year warranty from the date of purchase. If you experience any issues with the bowl within this time period, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Can I return a defective Prep Bowl?

If you receive a Prep Bowl that is defective or damaged, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Please contact our customer service team for further instructions.

What should I do if my Prep Bowl breaks during use?

If your Prep Bowl breaks during normal use, please stop using it immediately and contact our customer service team. We will work with you to determine the cause of the breakage and provide a solution.

Do you offer replacement parts for the Prep Bowl?

Yes, we offer replacement parts for the Prep Bowl. If a part of your bowl becomes damaged or lost, please contact our customer service team for assistance with ordering a replacement.

Can I use the Prep Bowl in the microwave or oven?

No, the Prep Bowl is not safe for use in the microwave or oven. It is designed for use in the refrigerator, freezer, and at room temperature only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef