1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Defective Prep Bowl

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Ok, so I had a customer write a note on another order she placed through another show that one of the prep bowls that she got was defective. I called HO last Friday or Saturday and someone I talked to said to ask the customer what exactly was defective because they could replace the either the lid or the bowl. So I called the customer yesterday and she said it was the bowl that was defective. So I called HO and the girl I talked to yesterday said they can only replace the lid seperately and if it's the bowl that's defective then she has to ship back the entire set. That's ALOT of shipping fees (it's past the first 30 days). I told her (when I thought she could just ship the bowl) that she should let me know how much the shipping was and I'd give her credit towards this next order. But shipping all 6 bowls will be like...6x the cost of shipping the one bowl! I've read stuff about replacing stoneware by only shipping pack a broken piece...would they accept her just shipping back the defective bowl? I'm tempted to just buy a set myself (which already want to do), give the customer one of the new bowls and then I'd still have 7 (since I have the 2 from my consultant kit).

Jun 18, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I'd probably buy a new set for myself and replace her single bowl. Going above and beyond, and you still get something out of the deal. I added more bowls to my kit too- it's nice to have more than 2.

Jun 18, 2009
  3. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

what was defective about it? I'm curious

Jun 18, 2009
  4. i bought a set to add to my kit too. i just started giving one single prep bowl away as prizes at my show. i tell them all the uses and they love them. it is now one of my top ten ordered items. i love them!

Jun 18, 2009
  5. mrshamel3808

She said the rim had a weird dip in it, almost like a pour spout. I was thinking, maybe a large pinch bowl got put in their by mistake? Is the large pinch bowl even close to the size of the prep bowls? I've never seen the pinch bowls. I think I will just buy one for myself since I told this host that I'd get stuff on this order to put her over the $500 mark (she got 13 orders and was still $10 short). I just am a little annoyed that I have to call her back and say "sorry, the information I got from HO and gave to you is wrong, it's not as simple as mailing back what's defective and them sending you a replacement."

Jun 18, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

So apologize and then say that you are going to make this simple for her, and replace the bowl for her from a set you are purchasing. She'll probably appreciate your customer service, and you'll be HER consultant for life and she'll speak well of you. (that's the idea anyway, right?)

Sounds like you can probably still use the bowl - or at least use it in your own kitchen. At most, you wont' be able to put the lid on- big deal.

Jun 18, 2009
  7. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

you can use it I have several bowls that way it looks like it has been pinched out with your fingers

Jun 18, 2009
  8. mrshamel3808

Good idea, I wasn't really planning on asking for the defective one. She's not local but the host she ordered from is her sister-in-law so I know eventually they'll see each other. I know the host really well so I guess I can just have them make the exchange and then have the host give me the defective one. Or, if it never makes it to me, I haven't lost anything!

Jun 19, 2009
Have something to add?