• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pie Plate Troubles: Has Anyone Experienced this Issue?

In summary, some common issues that can occur with pie plates include cracking or breaking during use, uneven or burnt crust, and difficulty removing the pie from the plate. To prevent cracking or breaking, it is important to use an oven-safe and durable pie plate, and avoid sudden temperature changes. Uneven or burnt crust can be caused by using a shallow pie plate or not properly preheating the oven. To prevent sticking, make sure to grease the pie plate or use parchment paper or aluminum foil. To remove the pie from the plate without it falling apart, let it cool before slicing and loosen it with a knife or spatula before serving.
meyer353
I had a customer express her concern about the pie plate. She says that it may be too thick in the middle because the center is hardly done all the way. This happens even on long cooking times for pies, chicken pot pie too. Has anyone had this problem?

I have not had a problem with mine. I would call Customer Service and exchange it for her.

I have not personally experienced this issue, but it is possible that the pie plate may be causing uneven cooking in the middle of the pie. Some possible solutions could be to try using a different type of pie plate (such as glass or ceramic), adjusting the oven temperature or cooking time, or using a pie crust shield to prevent the edges from browning too quickly. It may also be helpful to make sure the filling is evenly distributed in the pie before baking. If the problem persists, it may be worth investing in a new pie plate or consulting with a professional baker for further advice.

1. What kinds of issues can occur with pie plates?

Some common issues with pie plates include cracking or breaking during use, uneven or burnt crust, and difficulty removing the pie from the plate.

2. How can I prevent my pie plate from cracking or breaking?

To prevent cracking or breaking, make sure to use a pie plate that is oven-safe and made from a durable material such as ceramic or tempered glass. Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot pie plate in cold water, as this can cause it to crack.

3. What can cause an uneven or burnt crust?

An uneven or burnt crust can be caused by using a pie plate that is too shallow, not using enough pie filling to support the crust, or not properly preheating the oven. Make sure to follow the recipe and use a pie plate that is the correct size for the amount of filling.

4. How do I prevent my pie from sticking to the pie plate?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease the pie plate before adding the crust. You can also place a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil on the bottom of the pie plate before adding the crust. This will make it easier to remove the pie from the plate after baking.

5. Are there any tips for removing a pie from the plate without it falling apart?

To easily remove a pie from the plate, let it cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing. You can also run a knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pie to loosen it from the plate before serving. Avoid cutting the pie directly in the pie plate as this can cause the crust to crumble.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • jrstephens