1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Deep Dish Baker Lid on Outlet

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Does anyone have this lid? Do you recommend it?

Sep 10, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have both styles - the one for the DDB, and the one for the Rectangular Baker.

I have 2 of each of those pieces of stoneware, and the lids each fit one piece. For the other 2 pieces, the lids are too loose. They just sort of sit on them, not snap on tight.

Sep 10, 2009
  3. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Hmmmm.... could that be why they're in the outlet? The fit might be 'hit and miss'.

Sep 10, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I have the one for the DDB and it fits great. I just ordered one for my mom, but I don't think that she's tried it out yet...

Sep 10, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why it was discontinued. There were a lot of complaints about them not fitting right.

Sep 10, 2009
  6. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

The stoneware is too unpredictable to manufacture a lid for it. I love my lid, especially for traveling. I always make touchdown taco dip in the DDB and take it somewhere. Mine fits nice, and even if it were loose, it would at least keep the food from getting stuck to the aluminum foil. (which is the alternative)

Sep 10, 2009
  7. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

love my DCB lid...I think when we carried them, the 9x13 lids were not fitting right on some bakers...but I think the DCB lids were more reliable...mine fits fine, but my 9x13 is a little loose

Sep 10, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Wait there was a lid for the Rectangle Baker?

Sep 10, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Yes, there was a lid for the Rectangular Baker at the same time there was one for the DDB. It's the same style - off-white rubber-like plastic (I can't remember if they're actually silicone) with an accordian-pleated section in the middle to allow some flexibility and sizing.

Sep 11, 2009
  10. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Cool, I never knew that! Makes me want one!

Sep 11, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted